• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi Mom,
In many cases, i am reading that they get their CPO within same day or a week. Is this because IO would have already got their visa ready? for My wife's case, her interview was on March 23 and still no status change or CPO.When she asked about the approval IO just told her that she has no idea of timeline when her visa will be arrived and she will get the approval letter. Why is the process different with different field office? IO took her I-94 saying she does not need it anymore though. I am waiting for her approval letter so that i can submit that to my IO here in ID. Do you think its a good idea to take a INFO PASS after 2 weeks since it would be 1 month.

Thanks,
Xenon_writer

FOs and IOs operate differently, there's no law that says they must approve petitions exactly the same way.

The reason the process is different from FO/IO to FO/IO is endless. It could be because they have different case loads to attend to. It could be because the IO that did the interview is a junior officer who needs a supervisory permission before approving a case. It could be because a background check hasn't cleared up. It could be because the IO decided to take a coffee break just before making the visa request, got side tracked into some long discussion in the coffee room and forgot about visa request on getting back to the office and simply closed the case file and moved on to something else. It could be because the IO is still waiting for the case file from KCC and the clerk who is responsible for requesting the case file dropped the ball. There's a myriad of reasons cases do not get approved and move on to the CPO stage the same way.

Yes, go ahead and make an INFOPASS appointment, it can't hurt the case.

Hmmm, I see. Nothing you can do about that at this stage but to make sure you attend your interview with the correct and most recent I-90, be sure to point it out to the IO at the time of your interview to ensure your file gets updated with the correct details.

I think that should be fine. Because my application has been processed in KCC already and then was sent to FO which sent me IL.

Hello im filling i134 in section intend do not intend what should i check on it

Intend.

This form should be filled out by the "sponsor" - and should say what the sponsor intends to provide - for example

"I intend to provide financial assistance for as long as that is needed".

Hmmm, I see. Nothing you can do about that at this stage but to make sure you attend your interview with the correct and most recent I-90, be sure to point it out to the IO at the time of your interview to ensure your file gets updated with the correct details.

I called to number 1-800... And I was said that if I haven`t received any statement of evidence for providing additional documents, everything is Ok. Do you think I have to send the most current I-94 to FO? I will have Interview in 10 days.

Last edited:
I was going to send the most current I-94 to the FO, but I called to number 1-800... And I was said that if I haven`t received any statement of evidence for providing additional documents, everything is Ok.

duh.gif

Didn't I just say there was nothing you could do at this stage except take it along to the interview? Did you think they were going to bother to search for your case file and add a document they've not specifically requested you to provide?

Thank you Mom, @Ifitis2be, @EURO2014, for your responses. It was strange that the officers there did not take the printed I-94 as a valid document. I can agree to the fact that I was a rare case but accepting 1-94 as a valid document was shocking. I kept convincing that its what I could submit and she kept repeating the same thing that "DMV doesnot take copies of the document" and asked me show other documents such as work authorisation, SSN or something else. Then she told me to talk to her manager and after a wait of one hour I could talk to the manager. She told me that the documents were insufficient for the application and told me to submit everything I had. Then i had submitted my marriage certificate. She told me that she would scan and mail the documents to some legal department and I should wait for the response. After around 45 mins the lady told us that they received the reply stating that the documents are insufficient. I again met the manager convincing her that the documents they are asking me to produce is impossible to get and I am not legally permitted to get those documents. I told her look at my husbands I797, I-94. For that she told me that my name is not printed in that document but then she agreed to mail those documents to the legal department and told us to wait for the reply. After around 90 mins (at around 12:10) she told me that they havenot received any email and told us to come later and apply again with all the documents. I really felt very sad and frustrated. Next week I am planing to visit another DMV as you guys suggested. :)

duh.gif

Didn't I just say there was nothing you could do at this stage except take it along to the interview? Did you think they were going to bother to search for your case file and add a document they've not specifically requested you to provide?

Love your gifs!

duh.gif

:) Very interactive way of answering by these images. Puts a smile on my face :)

DS-260 backlog doesn't quite have any effect on AOS processing, so I don't think it's anything for you to worry about, but if you wish to switch to CP, then you need to inform KCC right away as they need to carry out the necessary background check prior to scheduling a CP interview. Unfortunately, I can't tell you whether you should stick with AOS or switch to CP, that's a decision you have to make on your own.

You might want to check past timelines though in order to get a good idea of how long it takes your applicable FO to schedule an interview, should you decide to stick with AOS.

Thank you so much for your super fast response, I highly appreciate it!

A quick follow up question, does one get to choose in which Field Office will the interview take place? Or is it simply the one closest to my address?

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for your super fast response, I highly appreciate it!

A quick follow up question, does one get to choose in which Field Office will the interview take place? Or is it simply the one closest to my address?

Thanks again!

FO is based on the petitioner's home address.

As we expect our number to be current soon ( June or July).
I want to pay the dv fees $330 so what is your advice , how to do the money order? We are 4 persons, main applicant and spouse and 2 children, is it should be one or how , please advise .
Thanks
Sam
25,xxx Egypt

As we expect our number to be current soon ( June or July).
I want to pay the dv fees $330 so what is your advice , how to do the money order? We are 4 persons, main applicant and spouse and 2 children, is it should be one or how , please advise .
Thanks
Sam
25,xxx Egypt

A combined form of payment is okay at this stage of the process. The post office may end up issuing you with 2 money orders though - one for $1,000 and the remaining $320 on the second money order, that is fine.

Hey Mom and everyone,
My situation is like this. My case number is AS6300 and opted for AOS. Currently on H1B but found out that employer may lay me off soon. My wife is in different H1B as well.

1.If I apply for H4 dependent(just to be safe), and if the case is pending while my DV number becomes current for June or July, can I still apply for green card (another AOS i.e. I-485) based on my pending AOS to H4 ? Is that considered as being "In Status"?
2. If I am not laid off after filing H4 when should I quit? Should I work until H4 is approved or quit as soon as I get my receipt?
2. Is changing to CP from AOS and going to home country a better option?

Please share your thoughts and opinion. It would be greatly appreciated.

A combined form of payment is okay at this stage of the process. The post office may end up issuing you with 2 money orders though - one for $1,000 and the remaining $320 on the second money order, that is fine.
Why the post office, can I do it one money order from the bank ?

Just write down the main applicant name , case number and 4 persons as a number or should type all the full names.? Thanks
I know its my decision to do the payment but do you see its a good time to do it now as Egypt 25, 1xx?