• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello Mom!

Earlier you told me that if I am F-1 visa student and work on campus I have to bring Employment Verification Letter on the Interview. Could you tell me what should be the format of that Letter. Should I take it in HR dept or my supervisor may write it. Thanks!

Not a big deal if it's written by your supervisor or the HR dept as long as it's verifiable and written on the applicable lead head paper. It's a basic letter stating your job position, your income, and how long you've been employed for.

Hi Mom,

I have another question. My wife is pregnant and her due is mid July this year. Our CN is AS000061XX and thus we might be invited for an interview around the due.

(1) Is it possible to reschedule the interview date if it’s too close to the due?
(2) What forms do we have to add/modify if we haven’t been invited for the interview at the time of delivery?

I really appreciate your support!

Hi Mom,

I have another question. My wife is pregnant and her due is mid July this year. Our CN is AS000061XX and thus we might be invited for an interview around the due.

(1) Is it possible to reschedule the interview date if it’s too close to the due?
(2) What forms do we have to add/modify if we haven’t been invited for the interview at the time of delivery?

I really appreciate your support!

For now, I would suggest not entertaining the thought of rescheduling, get the IL first. Rescheduling is not a good option for a DV based AOS petition especially with the end of the applicable FY not so far off. They typically take a while to reschedule appointments and you might not get a new slot before the FY ends.

We have a reported case in this forum of a woman who went into labor the night before their interview date and had the baby a couple of hours before the appointment. The couple informed the doctor of their predicament and convinced him to allow the mother leave the hospital for a couple of hours, the doctor reluctantly agreed, they attended their interview, the CO got to know of their story, was full of admiration for the woman, commended her effort and approved them right away. By the way, this was a CP case, happened at the Montreal embassy, if memory serves me right.

No form modification required except to attend the interview with the baby's B/C and to inform the IO of the new baby.

Hello Mom,
I am sorry to post this here, but I really need your help in this and it concerns some of the documents for the AOS process.
Today I went to the DMV office in VA for the learners permit and I submitted the I-94 which I printed from the internet, my passport, my visa and bank documents (for verification of the address). The officer told me that she wanted to original copy of the I-94 as it is not stamped or the I-797. I tried to convince her that that was all the document that I could have provided but she denied as my documents were insufficient. How can I make my I-797 and is the print out of the I-94 from the internet is a valid document?
(Current status-H4; Married after my husband received his H1)
Thank you!

Hello Mom,
I am sorry to post this here, but I really need your help in this and it concerns some of the documents for the AOS process.
Today I went to the DMV office in VA for the learners permit and I submitted the I-94 which I printed from the internet, my passport, my visa and bank documents (for verification of the address). The officer told me that she wanted to original copy of the I-94 as it is not stamped or the I-797. I tried to convince her that that was all the document that I could have provided but she denied as my documents were insufficient. How can I make my I-797 and is the print out of the I-94 from the internet is a valid document?
Thank you!
The DMV/BMV in other states always requests to see the original I-797 form (the one you received from USCIS by mail, as part of your AOS process), or the original H1/H4 entry visa, if you did not subseqently adjust your status. It is a "safe US document" requirement. Why exactly do you have a problem providing one or the other?

Last edited:
Hello Mom,
Thank you!
Sounds to me like the officer you met is not aware of the fact that I 94s have been electronic for the past few years. Consequently you would no longer have a stamped I 94. My DMV accepted my electronic I94 only three months ago and I have never been asked for an I-797 to renew a driver's license. So I am wondeting why you are even asked that? Maybe you should try another DMV?

Hello Mom,
Thank you!

Sorry you met with an incompetent DMV employee who had no clue as to how to handle your case and rather than seek guidance from other experienced co-workers or a supervisor made a unilateral decision to deny your application.

The printed I-94 is a legal document which should have been accepted as they no longer issue paper copies on arrival. If your H-4 status was approved via CP, you obviously wouldn't have an approved I-797 to present, the stamp on your passport serves the same purpose. So you need to go back (or you may opt to try another DMV office) with a new application and present those documents again. If they tell you the same thing, request to speak with a supervisor, explain the fact that I-94 is now electronically issued, there's no original paper copy, so the Internet print out copy is a valid document. Also explain the fact that you did not do a change of status to H-4 in the US, so you do not have any I-797 either, your H-4 stamp on your passport should be good enough.

Sorry you met with an incompetent DMV employee who had no clue as to how to handle your case and rather than seek guidance from other experienced co-workers or a supervisor made a unilateral decision to deny your application.

The printed I-94 is a legal document which should have been accepted as they no longer issue paper copies on arrival. If your H-4 status was approved via CP, you obviously wouldn't have an approved I-797 to present, the stamp on your passport serves the same purpose. So you need to go back (or you may opt to try another DMV office) with a new application and present those documents again. If they tell you the same thing, request to speak with a supervisor, explain the fact that I-94 is now electronically issued, there's no original paper copy, so the Internet print out copy is a valid document. Also explain the fact that you did not do a change of status to H-4 in the US, so you do not have any I-797 either, your H-4 stamp on your passport should be good enough.
Yeah, possibly I misread her post - as she had posted under the AOS sub-forum I had (wrongly) assumed she was under that process, hence the I-797....

Hi everyone,

Has enyone tried bio walk ins? Does it help to speed up the process? Also, is it safe to do? ( I am thinking it may mess things up since it will not be done at the specific time scheduled for a case...)

I greatly appreciate anyone sharing their thoughts/experiences :)

Hi everyone,

Has enyone tried bio walk ins? Does it help to speed up the process? Also, is it safe to do? ( I am thinking it may mess things up since it will not be done at the specific time scheduled for a case...)

I greatly appreciate anyone sharing their thoughts/experiences :)

We've said it over and over again, nothing wrong with doing a bio walk in. Several people have done it in the past, nothing gets messed up and it of course doesn't necessarily speed up the process in general. You can check past postings on this thread for already posted bio walk in experience.

Hey Everyone!

I've been reading these forums ever since I got selected in the DV2015 lottery last May. My CN number is SA14xx which seems to have become current between May and July all of the past 10 years (according to the visa bulletins from previous years).

I'm currently in the US under F1 OPT status and submitted my DS-260 in January. About 6 weeks later, I received an email notification from KCC saying: "
Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)...."

After looking at the timelines, posted in the Google XLS from people doing AOS, I felt that I shouldn't be too concerned of getting my GC before the end of September; however, after the April Visa Bulletin was posted and South America didn't move a single number, I've become concerned. I've also read about a DS-260 backlog, but I'm not sure if this is affecting AOS applications or who is it actually affecting? Therefore, I just wanted to ask for your advice whether I should continue on the AOS path or would it be wiser to switch to Consular Processing in the Panama City consulate (as I had selected when I joined the lottery back in 2014)?

Any tips/suggestions would be more than welcome!

For now, I would suggest not entertaining the thought of rescheduling, get the IL first. Rescheduling is not a good option for a DV based AOS petition especially with the end of the applicable FY not so far off. They typically take a while to reschedule appointments and you might not get a new slot before the FY ends.

We have a reported case in this forum of a woman who went into labor the night before their interview date and had the baby a couple of hours before the appointment. The couple informed the doctor of their predicament and convinced him to allow the mother leave the hospital for a couple of hours, the doctor reluctantly agreed, they attended their interview, the CO got to know of their story, was full of admiration for the woman, commended her effort and approved them right away. By the way, this was a CP case, happened at the Montreal embassy, if memory serves me right.

No form modification required except to attend the interview with the baby's B/C and to inform the IO of the new baby.
Thank you so much! As you suggest, we'll try to attend the interview as assigned whatever it takes. In either case, I really hope there will be a certain amount of time between her delivery and the interview.

Does anyone know if it`s Ok that I applied for AOS in December 2014 with my I-94 with expiration date in November 2014. Could it make any issues on Interview?

Hey Everyone!

I've been reading these forums ever since I got selected in the DV2015 lottery last May. My CN number is SA14xx which seems to have become current between May and July all of the past 10 years (according to the visa bulletins from previous years).

I'm currently in the US under F1 OPT status and submitted my DS-260 in January. About 6 weeks later, I received an email notification from KCC saying: "
Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)...."

After looking at the timelines, posted in the Google XLS from people doing AOS, I felt that I shouldn't be too concerned of getting my GC before the end of September; however, after the April Visa Bulletin was posted and South America didn't move a single number, I've become concerned. I've also read about a DS-260 backlog, but I'm not sure if this is affecting AOS applications or who is it actually affecting? Therefore, I just wanted to ask for your advice whether I should continue on the AOS path or would it be wiser to switch to Consular Processing in the Panama City consulate (as I had selected when I joined the lottery back in 2014)?

Any tips/suggestions would be more than welcome!

DS-260 backlog doesn't quite have any effect on AOS processing, so I don't think it's anything for you to worry about, but if you wish to switch to CP, then you need to inform KCC right away as they need to carry out the necessary background check prior to scheduling a CP interview. Unfortunately, I can't tell you whether you should stick with AOS or switch to CP, that's a decision you have to make on your own.

You might want to check past timelines though in order to get a good idea of how long it takes your applicable FO to schedule an interview, should you decide to stick with AOS.

Thank you so much! As you suggest, we'll try to attend the interview as assigned whatever it takes. In either case, I really hope there will be a certain amount of time between her delivery and the interview.

Fingers crossed for you.

My I-20 is valid until August 2015, I am going to graduate this May. I checked online that the most current I-94 expires on May 31, 2015. But I submitted one with expiration date on November 30, 2014.

Last edited:
Hi Mom,
In many cases, i am reading that they get their CPO within same day or a week. Is this because IO would have already got their visa ready? for My wife's case, her interview was on March 23 and still no status change or CPO.When she asked about the approval IO just told her that she has no idea of timeline when her visa will be arrived and she will get the approval letter. Why is the process different with different field office? IO took her I-94 saying she does not need it anymore though. I am waiting for her approval letter so that i can submit that to my IO here in ID. Do you think its a good idea to take a INFO PASS after 2 weeks since it would be 1 month.

Thanks,
Xenon_writer

My I-20 is valid until August 2015, I am going to graduate this May. I checked online that the most current I-94 expires on May 31, 2015. But I submitted one with expiration date on November 30, 2014.

Hmmm, I see. Nothing you can do about that at this stage but to make sure you attend your interview with the correct and most recent I-90, be sure to point it out to the IO at the time of your interview to ensure your file gets updated with the correct details.