• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello,

I have a question about the interview. I am a principal applicant and my case number is AS000061xx. My case number is relatively low thus we think we have plenty of time to go through AOS. However, we are currently living apart due to our work. I'm in Texas (Houston) and my wife is in New Jersey. Will my wife need to come in Houston to go for an interview with me? Or, can we have an interview in Texas and New Jersey separately? My wife is pregnant and the due date is July, and the interview might be scheduled in the same month. My concern is that my wife might not be able to move to Houston for interview even if she needs to do so. Please let me know if you need more information to answer this question. Thank you.

I see. The AOS list we put together is intended to serve as guide list, or a starting point. It is expected that everyone will had any other thing that could be of help to their case on their own, sorry you did not go beyond what was on the list. I guess I need to go back and put some sort of disclaimer on the spreadsheet to let people the list is not an exact.

Anyway, just hang in there, I'm sure you'll soon be approved.

Thank you Mom very much!!!God help me please.

Hello,

I have a question about the interview. I am a principal applicant and my case number is AS000061xx. My case number is relatively low thus we think we have plenty of time to go through AOS. However, we are currently living apart due to our work. I'm in Texas (Houston) and my wife is in New Jersey. Will my wife need to come in Houston to go for an interview with me? Or, can we have an interview in Texas and New Jersey separately? My wife is pregnant and the due date is July, and the interview might be scheduled in the same month. My concern is that my wife might not be able to move to Houston for interview even if she needs to do so. Please let me know if you need more information to answer this question. Thank you.

If you both send in your package with your address listed as Houston Texas, and your wife listed as New Jersey, your package will be separated and sent to the applicable FO based on the address listed on the I-485. Without wanting to sound like I'm asking one of you to lie on your I-485, I will go ahead and say using two different addresses is not a wise move in this case. Scroll back a couple of pages on this thread and read about @Xenon_writer's case, which is exactly similar to yours. Was current in October, got interviewed before the wife who is the PA but a determination cannot be made until the wife is approved. And after the wife's approval he still has to follow up with his own FO on his own to get his case approved.

Even though you're both living in different States for now, don't you both have one place you refer to as your "primary" home? If your wife can't travel down to Texas, was stopping you from using New Jersey as your own primary address and traveling down to interview with her by the way?

If you both send in your package with your address listed as Houston Texas, and your wife listed as New Jersey, your package will be separated and sent to the applicable FO based on the address listed on the I-485. Without wanting to sound like I'm asking one of you to lie on your I-485, I will go ahead and say using two different addresses is not a wise move in this case. Scroll back a couple of pages on this thread and read about @Xenon_writer's case, which is exactly similar to yours. Was current in October, got interviewed before the wife who is the PA but a determination cannot be made until the wife is approved. And after the wife's approval he still has to follow up with his own FO on his own to get his case approved.

Even though you're both living in different States for now, don't you both have one place you refer to as your "primary" home? If your wife can't travel down to Texas, was stopping you from using New Jersey as your own primary address and traveling down to interview with her by the way?
Hi Mom,

Thank you very much for the quick response! I read the Xenon_writer's case and, as you suggest, we might want to list one place as the primary address not to complicate the situation. I didn't have the idea that PA could list spouse's address as primary and PA's current address as secondary/temporary one. There's no problem for me to travel down to NJ for biometrics and interview. Now I have a couple of questions regarding this strategy:

(1) Where is "the other address section"? You mentioned it in the conversation with Xenon_writer, but I can't find such a section to put my TX address in I-485 or G-325.
(2) Should I travel to NJ and take a medial checkup with her? I'm concerned I can't put NJ adrress in I-693 if I take a medical checkup here in TX, and it would complicate the situation.
(3) I don't have any official ID or documents issued by NJ, and my Driver's License, employment certificate, and my H-1B document show only TX address. Do you think there would be troubles in the medical checkup, bio, and interview in NJ?
(4) Should I submit AR-11 to USCIS to change my address from TX to NJ before submitting AOS package?

If our situation is too complicated to be solved, I'll consider to check with a lawyer. I would really appreciate your help.

Hi Mom,

Thank you very much for the quick response! I read the Xenon_writer's case and, as you suggest, we might want to list one place as the primary address not to complicate the situation. I didn't have the idea that PA could list spouse's address as primary and PA's current address as secondary/temporary one. There's no problem for me to travel down to NJ for biometrics and interview. Now I have a couple of questions regarding this strategy:

(1) Where is "the other address section"? You mentioned it in the conversation with Xenon_writer, but I can't find such a section to put my TX address in I-485 or G-325.
(2) Should I travel to NJ and take a medial checkup with her? I'm concerned I can't put NJ adrress in I-693 if I take a medical checkup here in TX, and it would complicate the situation.
(3) I don't have any official ID or documents issued by NJ, and my Driver's License, employment certificate, and my H-1B document show only TX address. Do you think there would be troubles in the medical checkup, bio, and interview in NJ?
(4) Should I submit AR-11 to USCIS to change my address from TX to NJ before submitting AOS package?

If our situation is too complicated to be solved, I'll consider to check with a lawyer. I would really appreciate your help.

Technically speaking, it's really not a case of PA listing the derivative's address as their primary address or vice versa. It's simply a case of both of you using the same address as the main/primary address and you're free to use which ever you consider to be the primary address.

1. There's room for listing just one address on the I-485 form. Form G-325 on the other hand has the section for listing ALL the addresses in the US where you've resided for the past five years, so you get to list both the TX and NJ address on the G-325.

2. It really shouldn't be an issue, but I agree better safe than sorry, it makes sense to do the medical in NJ.

3. You don't need an ID that shows a NJ address for the medical or bio. All they need is a photo ID that matches the listed name. People without a State issued ID of any form have used their international passport for these in the past without any problem. With regards to the interview, if the IO ask, you'll simply say the truth, you currently work in TX, you wife stays back in NJ which is where you both consider to be your primary home.

4. Not necessary.

Technically speaking, it's really not a case of PA listing the derivative's address as their primary address or vice versa. It's simply a case of both of you using the same address as the main/primary address and you're free to use which ever you consider to be the primary address.

1. There's room for listing just one address on the I-485 form. Form G-325 on the other hand has the section for listing ALL the addresses in the US where you've resided for the past five years, so you get to list both the TX and NJ address on the G-325.

2. It really shouldn't be an issue, but I agree better safe than sorry, it makes sense to do the medical in NJ.

3. You don't need an ID that shows a NJ address for the medical or bio. All they need is a photo ID that matches the listed name. People without a State issued ID of any form have used their international passport for these in the past without any problem. With regards to the interview, if the IO ask, you'll simply say the truth, you currently work in TX, you wife stays back in NJ which is where you both consider to be your primary home.

4. Not necessary.
Thank you for the answers. Now everything is clear to me. We can simply say NJ is our primary home and I'm currently working and have a secondary/temporary address in TX. Doing the medical here in TX seems not to be an issue, but I'll think about doing in NJ if I can take time off for it.

Thank you for all the advice!

Yay!! Appreciate the feedback Mom and a huge thanks for your guidance through this process. I will let you all know when I hear more.
Mom and everyone,
Awesome day today. After not sleeping since Friday, got the CPO in the morning and Welcome Notice was Mailed in the evening. Waweee!!!! I am so happy right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support and guidance Mom and everyone. This forum is a lifeline for many people. I will never forget your help.

I was current for February and got my biometrics done two months ago, never heard anything since then.
Does it make sense to go for an infopass now or is it early? I booked a date for this week.

Mom and everyone,
Awesome day today. After not sleeping since Friday, got the CPO in the morning and Welcome Notice was Mailed in the evening. Waweee!!!! I am so happy right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support and guidance Mom and everyone. This forum is a lifeline for many people. I will never forget your help.

Told ya the approval was simply a matter of time :p. Congratulations :)

Hi Mom,
I wanted to just make sure that the documents that I would be submitting with the forms are sufficient for the processing of the AOS. I am applying with my husband. He is in h1B since October 2013, we got married in July 2014 and I am in H4 visa and landed in the states (Dallas) in August 2014. We filled the DS260 form in Sept received the 2NL from KCC in Dec. In March we moved to Virginia and I am waiting for the CN to be current.

This is the list of my documents:
1. Application to Adjust Status (USCIS Form I-485)
2. Biographic Information (USCIS Form G-325);
3. A copy of the letter from the United States Department of State, informing that I had been selected in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program;
4. A copy of the letter from the Kentucky Consular Centre confirming the intention to apply for adjustment of status;
5. A copy of the receipt for the Diversity Visa fee showing the payment of the fees;
6. A copy of the DS-260 Form, Application for the Immigration Visa and Alien Registration;
7. Copies of Birth Certificate and Citizenship Certificate;
8. Copies of education certificates showing completion of high school till the Masters;
9. Copy of work certificates;
10. Copy of the valid Passport with the valid visa and I-94 Arrival/Department Record;
11. A copy of marriage certificate;
12. A copy of bank details; (My husband’s bank account where I am also added)
13. Lease document; (Apartment in dallas)
14. Copies of Police clearance certificates from Nepal and India;
15. Form I-693 Medical Examination and Vaccination Report;
16. Passport size photographs in two numbers;

This is the list of my husband’s documents:
1. Application to Adjust Status (USCIS Form I-485);
3. A copy of the DS-260 Form, Application for the Immigration Visa and Alien Registration;
4. Copies of Birth Certificate and Citizenship Certificate;
5. Copies of education certificates showing educational qualifications;
6. Copy of work certificates;
7. Copy of the valid Passport with the valid visa and I-94 Arrival/Department Record;
8. A copy of marriage certificate;
9. A copy of Social Security Card;
10. Copies of previous I-20s;
11. Copy of current EAD Card;
12. Copy of all W2s and tax returns (tax return of 2 years and W2 of 2014);
13. Copy of Employment from the employer;
14. Form I-693 Medical Examination and Vaccination Report;
15. Passport size photographs in two numbers;

-Are these forms and documents sufficient? Am I missing something or should I remove any document?
-I also wanted to ask what address proof can I provide of my new location as I am currently staying at a friend’s place and will continue to do so for some time?
-My husband has a non Machine-readable passport. Can he use that or does he need a MRP?
Thanks in advance. :)

I went for my Infopass today at the LA Field Office, I don't know how to feel about it.
The officer was nice enough even though he wasn't very interested, especially in the beginning, and proof of this is the fact that he took a personal call while I was there!
Unbelievable! Anyway... I went through pretty much every question that is in the Infopass checklist that Britsimon made several pages ago. What I got is that my FBI check was done and is clear, my file was sent from the National Benefit Center to their office in January and has been there since. Now, according to the officer, it has made its way to the interview scheduling office and I should be hearing from them soon. He said there wasn't any hold-up with my case at all. So... yeah, I don't know what they are waiting for since I was current in February and I mentioned it several times during the infopass.

Hi Mom,
I wanted to just make sure that the documents that I would be submitting with the forms are sufficient for the processing of the AOS. I am applying with my husband. He is in h1B since October 2013, we got married in July 2014 and I am in H4 visa and landed in the states (Dallas) in August 2014. We filled the DS260 form in Sept received the 2NL from KCC in Dec. In March we moved to Virginia and I am waiting for the CN to be current.

This is the list of my documents:
1. Application to Adjust Status (USCIS Form I-485)
3. A copy of the letter from the United States Department of State, informing that I had been selected in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program;
4. A copy of the letter from the Kentucky Consular Centre confirming the intention to apply for adjustment of status;
5. A copy of the receipt for the Diversity Visa fee showing the payment of the fees;
6. A copy of the DS-260 Form, Application for the Immigration Visa and Alien Registration;
7. Copies of Birth Certificate and Citizenship Certificate;
8. Copies of education certificates showing completion of high school till the Masters;
9. Copy of work certificates;
10. Copy of the valid Passport with the valid visa and I-94 Arrival/Department Record;
11. A copy of marriage certificate;
12. A copy of bank details; (My husband’s bank account where I am also added)
13. Lease document; (Apartment in dallas)
14. Copies of Police clearance certificates from Nepal and India;
15. Form I-693 Medical Examination and Vaccination Report;
16. Passport size photographs in two numbers;

This is the list of my husband’s documents:
1. Application to Adjust Status (USCIS Form I-485);
3. A copy of the DS-260 Form, Application for the Immigration Visa and Alien Registration;
4. Copies of Birth Certificate and Citizenship Certificate;
5. Copies of education certificates showing educational qualifications;
6. Copy of work certificates;
7. Copy of the valid Passport with the valid visa and I-94 Arrival/Department Record;
8. A copy of marriage certificate;
9. A copy of Social Security Card;
10. Copies of previous I-20s;
11. Copy of current EAD Card;
12. Copy of all W2s and tax returns (tax return of 2 years and W2 of 2014);
13. Copy of Employment from the employer;
14. Form I-693 Medical Examination and Vaccination Report;
15. Passport size photographs in two numbers;

-Are these forms and documents sufficient? Am I missing something or should I remove any document?
-I also wanted to ask what address proof can I provide of my new location as I am currently staying at a friend’s place and will continue to do so for some time?
-My husband has a non Machine-readable passport. Can he use that or does he need a MRP?
Thanks in advance. :)

You should remove the DS-260 forms, citizenship certificates, work certificates, lease document, they're not necessary. If you're the PA, your husband doesn't need to submit any school certificate. PCC is not required for AOS, but since you already have them, I guess you can go ahead and submit them, my only concern with that though is that the PCC are only listed for you, and you don't want to end up with an IO who may erroneously decide your husband alo needs to submit the PCC. So think carefully before deciding whether or not it makes sense to submit the PCC with your package.

You're not required to present a proof of address, they will go by whatever you list on your I-485. Your husband's non MRP is fine.

I went for my Infopass today at the LA Field Office, I don't know how to feel about it.
The officer was nice enough even though he wasn't very interested, especially in the beginning, and proof of this is the fact that he took a personal call while I was there!
Unbelievable! Anyway... I went through pretty much every question that is in the Infopass checklist that Britsimon made several pages ago. What I got is that my FBI check was done and is clear, my file was sent from the National Benefit Center to their office in January and has been there since. Now, according to the officer, it has made its way to the interview scheduling office and I should be hearing from them soon. He said there wasn't any hold-up with my case at all. So... yeah, I don't know what they are waiting for since I was current in February and I mentioned it several times during the infopass.

The LA FO is one of those that likes to take their sweet time, there's not much you can do for now but to hang on. Hopefully the INFOPASS would have served the purpose of nudging them to move along and do something, even though it may seem like you didn't achieve much. The IL will hopefully show up soon.

You should remove the DS-260 forms, citizenship certificates, work certificates, lease document, they're not necessary. If you're the PA, your husband doesn't need to submit any school certificate. PCC is not required for AOS, but since you already have them, I guess you can go ahead and submit them, my only concern with that though is that the PCC are only listed for you, and you don't want to end up with an IO who may erroneously decide your husband alo needs to submit the PCC. So think carefully before deciding whether or not it makes sense to submit the PCC with your package.

You're not required to present a proof of address, they will go by whatever you list on your I-485. Your husband's non MRP is fine.
Thank you for the response. I might not send the PCC as it is not required and I do not intend to complicate the case :)

The LA FO is one of those that likes to take their sweet time, there's not much you can do for now but to hang on. Hopefully the INFOPASS would have served the purpose of nudging them to move along and do something, even though it may seem like you didn't achieve much. The IL will hopefully show up soon.

Thanks Mom, I really hope so too :)

Hello, @Sm1smom how long it takes for Interview Letter to come after finger print? FO is Dallas. any ideas? I did my fingerprint on 20th march. thanks

I have no idea, it varies from FO to FO. You can take a look at the timelines posted on the spreadsheet to get an idea of how long it's taken in the past.

Hello eveybody, I won dv lottery 2015 and I sent my I_485 package in october 2014 and did my fingerprints in November 2014 and since that time no interview letter or anything. By the way I live in tampa florida so anybody experiencing the same thing??? We are almost in April and nothing.

Hello eveybody, I won dv lottery 2015 and I sent my I_485 package in october 2014 and did my fingerprints in November 2014 and since that time no interview letter or anything. By the way I live in tampa florida so anybody experiencing the same thing??? We are almost in April and nothing.

First of all check the first post on page one of this thread for the AOS spreadsheet which contains links to present and past DV based AOS timeliness to get an idea f the processing time as related to your FO.

At this stage, you need to schedule an INFOPASS with you FO as a first step to possibly finding out what is causing the delay with regards to your IL.