• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

No, my J1 visa was based on summer work&travel for the students, it was not subject to 2 year foreign program.
Yes, my working place was authorized by uscis.I provided all necessary documents to uscis.it is strange that, uscis IO did not updated my case status yet, about acceptance.

It's rare for a RFE to be issued with regards to DV based AOS case when all the necessary documents have been originally submitted with the AOS package. The items the RFE is asking for, did you include them with your AOS package?

I will suggest you try not to over think this process or you might end up tripping yourself.

1. If you have paper copy of the old I-94, make copies of those and use, if you don't have them , then you don't. If you have copies of old ones downloaded from online, use them, if you don't, then you don't. Simple!

2. The instruction for I-485 says "LEAVE IT BLANK", so do what it says.

3. You're both on E2 visas, both of you should fill out I-508.

You're right, this whole process is driving me crazy especially since the last disappointing VB bulletin...
Thank you so much for your help

You're right, this whole process is driving me crazy especially since the last disappointing VB bulletin...
Thank you so much for your help

What is your approximate case number?

EDIT - actually I found it - AF46XXX. So - the good news is that number WILL go current, the bad news is, I am 99% certain that it won't be in the next VB. So - more time to get your papers ready!

Last edited:
What is your approximate case number?

EDIT - actually I found it - AF46XXX. So - the good news is that number WILL go current, the bad news is, I am 99% certain that it won't be in the next VB. So - more time to get your papers ready!

Yes just hope to make it for the VB in two months...

It's rare for a RFE to be issued with regards to DV based AOS case when all the necessary documents have been originally submitted with the AOS package. The items the RFE is asking for, did you include them with your AOS package?

You mean did i send with AOS package this official transcripts and certificates?
No, i did not send, because on AOS package it was not mentioned.With AOS package i sent my diplomas from my home country.

That may possibly be enough, especially if the stated income is above the poverty guideline applicable to your case. However, do bear in mind the fact that IOs often ask those on student visas to present an Affidavit. Can't quite remember what your current status is, if you're on a student visa, try your best to get the affidavit and have it on hand as a 'just in case' document.

Thanks Mom,
To answer your question status was FI and filed a labor certification under section 245i that was approved but the company went under with the 08 crash so AOS was interrupted at the 4th month and then the 6 months lapsed. Had just filed another labor cert then won a DV spot. Adjusting through DV based on 245i amnesty since labor cert was approved. Also, the affidavit and HS Diploma came through on time.

Good news, I had my interview today. IO was very pleasant, almost laid back really, I appreciated how comfortable he made me feel, and he said everything looked good and my case was straight forward. He checked the interview results form "Your application has been recommended for approval....." Now I didn't expect the nice man to high five me or anything but I guess I thought he would give me a final decisive answer on the spot that it is a done deal. Am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks Mom,
To answer your question status was FI and filed a labor certification under section 245i that was approved but the company went under with the 08 crash so AOS was interrupted at the 4th month and then the 6 months lapsed. Had just filed another labor cert then won a DV spot. Adjusting through DV based on 245i amnesty since labor cert was approved. Also, the affidavit and HS Diploma came through on time.

Good news, I had my interview today. IO was very pleasant, almost laid back really, I appreciated how comfortable he made me feel, and he said everything looked good and my case was straight forward. He checked the interview results form "Your application has been recommended for approval....." Now I didn't expect the nice man to high five me or anything but I guess I thought he would give me a final decisive answer on the spot that it is a done deal. Am I worrying over nothing?

I had my interview on Monday and the IO check "case is being held for review" box on the result notice. She said if I do not get a status update for the Green Card within a month, I should make an infopass or call them. Still I received the status update yesterday for CPO. So in your case you shouldn't worry at all I think.

Last edited:
I had my interview on Monday and the IO check "case is being held for review" box on the result notice. She said if I do not get a status update for the Green Card within a month, I should make an infopass or call them. Still I received the status update yesterday for CPO. So in your case you shouldn't worry at all I think.

Thanks for the encouraging feedback. I will pray that goes from your lips to God's ears.

You mean did i send with AOS package this official transcripts and certificates?
No, i did not send, because on AOS package it was not mentioned.With AOS package i sent my diplomas from my home country.

I see. The AOS list we put together is intended to serve as guide list, or a starting point. It is expected that everyone will add any other thing that could be of help to their case on their own, sorry you did not go beyond what was on the list. I guess I need to go back and put some sort of disclaimer on the spreadsheet to let people the list is not an exact.

Anyway, just hang in there, I'm sure you'll soon be approved.

Thanks Mom,

Glad to know your affidavit and HS Diploma came through in time for the interview, and that you got good vibes back from the interview. At this point in time, I feel congratulations are in order. The approval is simply a matter of time.

Glad to know your affidavit and HS Diploma came through in time for the interview, and that you got good vibes back from the interview. At this point in time, I feel congratulations are in order. The approval is simply a matter of time.

Yay!! Appreciate the feedback Mom and a huge thanks for your guidance through this process. I will let you all know when I hear more.

I remind you that I'm egypt dv 2015 25,xxx .
I got the approval notes for the student visa for a year although I submitted the DS-260.
I have 2 extentions for the student visa, One of The extentions starts 45 days later, I mean the visa finished 30 April and the extention start 15 May, I called the uscis to correct it because I sent the application I-539 before the visa expired but they sent me email saying that's ok and that the beginning date. Although all the family members start next day which the first visa finished,
2 questions :
1- is there any problem in these dates I mean is the 46 days considerd out of statues?
2- is still there any problem with the immigrant intent when we apply for AOS ?

I remind you that I'm egypt dv 2015 25,xxx .
I got the approval notes for the student visa for a year although I submitted the DS-260.
I have 2 extentions for the student visa, One of The extentions starts 45 days later, I mean the visa finished 30 April and the extention start 15 May, I called the uscis to correct it because I sent the application I-539 before the visa expired but they sent me email saying that's ok and that the beginning date. Although all the family members start next day which the first visa finished,
2 questions :
1- is there any problem in these dates I mean is the 46 days considerd out of statues?
2- is still there any problem with the immigrant intent when we apply for AOS ?

Congratulations on getting your extension.

1. No problem with the dates (or the gaps in between). You filed for the extension and got the NOA before your previous visa expired, so you didn't go out of status.

2. We've gone over this a few times in the past. I'm not the IO you'll be facing, so I can't give you the assurance you're seeking. I don't know what else to tell you.

Thanks a lot for your reply for my questions , just I want to share the news and say thanks a lot for your help and your advice. I will keep update you when our number became current. Thanks . Bless you all

Thanks a lot for your reply for my questions , just I want to share the news and say thanks a lot for your help and your advice. I will keep update you when our number became current. Thanks . Bless you all

Sounds good and good luck! Bless you too!!

I need your help, how to find a certified and cheapest translation, if any one did it here with a certified translation or a certified by USCIS. Please send the link.
Thanks