• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

hi guys...sorry this has taken me long to post.First things first...thank u ol for the support n the informative tips.I learnt everything i neededta know from this forum.thank guys...;-)
so my interview was set to be on the 29th,but then the embassy called and sed it was pushed to 31st coz of Idd.I had already asked for permission for 29th and it was already hard enough gettin it so to go back and ask them to change th flights n ol was a tag o war( i work with refugees btwn Ehiopia,Dadaab and Kakuma).so getting permission to travel to nairobi was a big deal.Anyway by Gods grace i made it for the day of the interview .So my appointment was at 6:30 am and i am there by 6:15.We do the line thingy for th guys and girls and proceed to the 2nd phase wea they take ol yo electronics and keep them thn u proceed inside were ITS FREEZIN!So i am given no 422 and asked to wait outside.then they start calling us in and one by one and wen my turn comes i go in n i am asked to go to window 5 where they take my passport n certs and i am asked to go pay.i pay thn m told to go back n wait .so i wait...n wait...n wait..That was the most anxious time in my life!The guys go for lunch n by now most people have already left except this couple ,2 other guys n i( in dv category that is) so we are there comfortin each other and finally they come back from lunch and voila they call my no and i proceed to counter 8.they take my prints and ask me to wait but b4 i even really sit i am called to counter 10.so this is how it went.th CO was an african American lady.really nice.
ME: hello
CO:Hi Hw are u doin...sorry for keepin u waiting...
ME: its alright...no problem at all
CO :raise yo right hand n swear tht everything u will say is truth n nothin bt th truth
Me; I swear
CO: is yo name Christeenah ..... ........
ME: yes Ma'am
CO: wat dyu do after high skul?
Me; yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
CO:so u went to Campus so and so
ME:yes ma'am
CO:Have u ever been to the US or any other country?
ME:yes.
CO:where?...hw long?
ME:yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
CO: why did you decide to study yadi yada yadi
ME:bcause yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
CO:eek:h....so which state a u goin to?
ME:Houston Texas..
CO: Houston nice..there is this nice school u cn check out in Austin (i had mentioned school)
ME :thanks ma'am..i will b sure to do that..
CO:What do u do now?
ME: work with refugees....yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
CO:Nice..was at this place.....yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
ME:yes....yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
CO:congrats!yo visa was approved.here are instructions for DHL..
ME:Thank you very much ma'am...

Then she gave me th green sheet and and another white one for USCI o sthn.....i got my visa on friday frm DHL mama ngina.m a happy happy gal..thanks for everything guys...

I need to practice that phrase... Yida yada... Seems to work!

Congratulations!

Quick question guys,my visa expires in mid jan...so i wanted to relocate end of th year,december to b precise,will that be an issue?coz i dnt wanna risk my chances...its just i wanna finish th project at work coz i cnt jst leave them like that...plus i cud use th pay too;-)

Iv checked the status of the parcel that i sent to the embassy,it shows 'delivered @ 10:29am,12th Aug 2014'.I hope they stamp the visas with speed cz it wasnt that complicated @ all,just a missing document.

Quick question guys,my visa expires in mid jan...so i wanted to relocate end of th year,december to b precise,will that be an issue?coz i dnt wanna risk my chances...its just i wanna finish th project at work coz i cnt jst leave them like that...plus i cud use th pay too;-)

You should be fine.

That would be ok. I would actually leave it until Jan 1 or 2. If you go in December you will need to report 2014 taxes and you might might find Jan 1 flights are cheap.

Is there someone who has done some background check on the expiration date printed @ upper right hand on the vaccination certs?IOM says its irrelevant,whereas there are some forumates who say one MUST ENTER USA before that date.

The visa expiry date is exactly 6 months from the date of your medicals, you must enter before the date printed on the visa..vaccination certs don't matter.

That would be ok. I would actually leave it until Jan 1 or 2. If you go in December you will need to report 2014 taxes and you might might find Jan 1 flights are cheap.

I find Jan 1 flights expensive and often sold out long in advance. Maybe depends on route. Christmas Day flights are cheap though :) But then there is the tax issue as you say.

pole,opes not irritating to ask all this questions if i post the required documents + the pay slip for 2230 with right address for the Embassy, do i need to go to kenya knec physically

Go to any Equity or Cooperative bank and pay into the KNEC account, then take a copy of the receipt, copy of your results slip, copy of 2NL physically to Extelcomms bulding next to Central Bank of Kenya on Haile Sellasie as soon as you can. It's like Nyayo house in that place..the sooner you start the better.

Pass by IOM Medicals office in Gigiri and just have them check for you the dates with the cheapest tickets end dec or early jan. They can get you very good deals..As long as you enter a few days before the date shown on your visa, you are good.

Co
hi guys...sorry this has taken me long to post.First things first...thank u ol for the support n the informative tips.I learnt everything i neededta know from this forum.thank guys...;-)
so my interview was set to be on the 29th,but then the embassy called and sed it was pushed to 31st coz of Idd.I had already asked for permission for 29th and it was already hard enough gettin it so to go back and ask them to change th flights n ol was a tag o war( i work with refugees btwn Ehiopia,Dadaab and Kakuma).so getting permission to travel to nairobi was a big deal.Anyway by Gods grace i made it for the day of the interview .So my appointment was at 6:30 am and i am there by 6:15.We do the line thingy for th guys and girls and proceed to the 2nd phase wea they take ol yo electronics and keep them thn u proceed inside were ITS FREEZIN!So i am given no 422 and asked to wait outside.then they start calling us in and one by one and wen my turn comes i go in n i am asked to go to window 5 where they take my passport n certs and i am asked to go pay.i pay thn m told to go back n wait .so i wait...n wait...n wait..That was the most anxious time in my life!The guys go for lunch n by now most people have already left except this couple ,2 other guys n i( in dv category that is) so we are there comfortin each other and finally they come back from lunch and voila they call my no and i proceed to counter 8.they take my prints and ask me to wait but b4 i even really sit i am called to counter 10.so this is how it went.th CO was an african American lady.really nice.
ME: hello
CO:Hi Hw are u doin...sorry for keepin u waiting...
ME: its alright...no problem at all
CO :raise yo right hand n swear tht everything u will say is truth n nothin bt th truth
Me; I swear
CO: is yo name Christeenah ..... ........
ME: yes Ma'am
CO: wat dyu do after high skul?
Me; yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
CO:so u went to Campus so and so
ME:yes ma'am
CO:Have u ever been to the US or any other country?
ME:yes.
CO:where?...hw long?
ME:yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
CO: why did you decide to study yadi yada yadi
ME:bcause yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
CO:eek:h....so which state a u goin to?
ME:Houston Texas..
CO: Houston nice..there is this nice school u cn check out in Austin (i had mentioned school)
ME :thanks ma'am..i will b sure to do that..
CO:What do u do now?
ME: work with refugees....yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
CO:Nice..was at this place.....yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
ME:yes....yadi yada yadi yada yadi yada...
CO:congrats!yo visa was approved.here are instructions for DHL..
ME:Thank you very much ma'am...

Then she gave me th green sheet and and another white one for USCI o sthn.....i got my visa on friday frm DHL mama ngina.m a happy happy gal..thanks for everything guys...
Congratulations are in order Steenah just rem to give thanks coz we all know its not been easy

Hey guys... How u all doing... Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like the US. Embassy are printing visas for the people who did their interview in august. I mailed the embassy..
They said my case is showing "ready " on ceac.

Would it be wise to call the embassy(Nairobi) tomorrow and enquire abt my case or shd i wait another day?my wife's COGC got delivered today @ 10:30am,and it was the only missing document that delayed the stamps.

hello my fouroum mates , i visited the embassy today around 3pm , the lady i meat i told her i came to inquire about my case ,is 3month nw no contact yet ,the lady reply sorry sir ,u should go and wait we will contact u as soon we finish and told me to email them again and see...that worried me...what to do next now??

hello my fouroum mates , i visited the embassy today around 3pm , the lady i meat i told her i came to inquire about my case ,is 3month nw no contact yet ,the lady reply sorry sir ,u should go and wait we will contact u as soon we finish and told me to email them again and see...that worried me...what to do next now??

Did she specifically look up your case? Did she say your case is in administrative processing?