• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

I cannot say yes or no, I think really it depends with the CO's mind frame that day when they are interviewing you, their first impression, perception of the person as well as your own body language to some extent I believe determines the kinda questions you are asked. I personally need to brush up on projecting my voice when speaking because funnily enough I tend to sound hesitant like I dont know what I am talking about, while in reality I know what am saying lol.

All great points.

Go to a Commissioner of Oaths with all the documents and get an affidavit. That's what i did. The CO did not have a problem with that. My birth certificate, different school certificates, passport all have different name order or omission or addition. No problem.
Gurix its simple for me - (but complicated)
I have 4 names - Baptised with 2 Christian Names - Surname and Family Name. Initially i used 3 of those names - One Christian Name - Family name and Surname. Later on my Dad told me to use my Name n stop using his name.....(Family Name). And thence the use of just my Surname n Christian Name. Some Certificates have 3 Names and the last 5 have 2 names. Though my Birth Certificate n Passport all have all my names (4). So really what should i do? I should take all my Certificates?

I have 4 names - Baptised with 2 Christian Names - Surname and Family Name. Initially i used 3 of those names - One Christian Name - Family name and Surname. Later on my Dad told me to use my Name n stop using his name.....(Family Name). And thence the use of just my Surname n Christian Name. Some Certificates have 3 Names and the last 5 have 2 names. Though my Birth Certificate n Passport all have all my names (4). So really what should i do? I should take all my Certificates?

You're overthinking this surname, family name, last name, or what ever name thing. As long as all 4 names are listed on your birth certificate and passport as you stated, you should be fine regardless of which name combination is used on your certificates. Yes, you should take all your certificates with you to your interview. You shouldn't even need an affidavit IMO.

Don't worry, it doesn't matter. I took all, had the affidavit. At the embassy, the Kenyan lady taking documents didn't even take it after all the hustle. So don't sweat it. Do it just in case but for my case it wasn't taken. Was returned immediately.

hi forum mates am happy reading for some successive interviews, indeed this is a house of winners, just came today from doing my drug test, hopefully I will be able to start working soon. One lesson have learnt here one has to start working from somewhere especially if you don't have any work experience here in the usa, start doing any kind of job so that your next job ,you can give reference from the first job that you did, but so far so good coz the moment one gets into the system ,everything is perfect ,one has to just work harder, so for those planning to relocate, welcome to the land of many opportunities, for those waiting for their interviews, medicals and second letters.y`all winners.bye

You're overthinking this surname, family name, last name, or what ever name thing. As long as all 4 names are listed on your birth certificate and passport as you stated, you should be fine regardless of which name combination is used on your certificates. Yes, you should take all your certificates with you to your interview. You shouldn't even need an affidavit IMO.
Well thank you very much for this advice. I am going to cc how it goes. Let me get the affidavit though...

Don't worry, it doesn't matter. I took all, had the affidavit. At the embassy, the Kenyan lady taking documents didn't even take it after all the hustle. So don't sweat it. Do it just in case but for my case it wasn't taken. Was returned immediately.
Ok. Let me be cautious. You know how it goes especially for us back benchers - just in case is the our motto. We cant leave anything to chance.

everyday i have slpless nyt ,jst worrying for dis my aps to be resolved nw in dis 60 days time, coz anytime i heard about dis ebola virus around our province in sierra leone it pissed me off more, making me worrying everyday...o dear God pls have control nw of my case and di others ,and control dis ebola virus around our region ,pls dear God have mercy on us!!!

everyday i have slpless nyt ,jst worrying for dis my aps to be resolved nw in dis 60 days time, coz anytime i heard about dis ebola virus around our province in sierra leone it pissed me off more, making me worrying everyday...o dear God pls have control nw of my case and di others ,and control dis ebola virus around our region ,pls dear God have mercy on us!!!

Not to worry TYT, your sleepless nights will soon turn to joy my friend just hang in. About the Ebola virus in your region, I can imagine the fear you guys are going through. It will pass.

God bless

Reactions: tyt
I can't understand is this forum only made of Kenyans? Bc i can't see my Cameroonian brothers and sisters.

Hi Pam
I am a Cameroonian based in Buea just that i ve been absent from the forum for some days now. Partly because i had to defend my Masters and also was not feeling quiet well after . Congrats to all those whose visas have been granted. God be our helper we are finally getting to the end of this stressful DV of a thing.
Nice week end to all

Last edited:
thank u jonge u encouraged me a much, let the almighty accept ur wish 4 me and 4 di others that also on aps by God grace!

Forumates in Kenya:
I want to find out who is about to go for their COGC - In Nairobi? Kindly inbox me if you are about to go for your finger prints.....Please ASAP.

Hi Christabel happy to hear from you. Am presently in UK at
The moment will like to meet u when I come to pays. Thank God iI dididn't hurry to come when I was selected. I could have been regretting till date bc of this stayin cn stuff. I will only bounce to buea precisely in sept if my cn is current if not then I will still be here. My cn is too high just prayx to God i should be current by then. Am CN 97***. Have a lovely weekend too and congrates for your masters degree.

jorj i remember something maybe that why they put me on aps i dnt but God knw and will help me resolved it before dis month end by God grace!! My sister that filled the affith davith of her ,i think she hve sent some1 bi4 affith davith of support ,bt in the form when they asked if she ever send an afith davith of support 4 any1 and she answer to dat question no in the form...jorj was that the reason why the embassy reviewing my documents then or will dat bring a problem to dat answer jorj?? Pls answer me bro, jst wanna knw!

Hello my brothers, I have been away for some time. How long does a Kenyan Police cert take to come out? For us backbenchers time is of the essence and I hope and Trust in God that we will be current in the coming few days. Case No. AF000879XX

Hello my brothers, I have been away for some time. How long does a Kenyan Police cert take to come out? For us backbenchers time is of the essence and I hope and Trust in God that we will be current in the coming few days. Case No. AF000879XX
@D_J well it takes 2 week to be out but u need another week to be safe incase there are errors and the need a week to rectify this #Wish you well