• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Waoh congratulations sims,for us we are still arnd until kitu 1st week of Nov.I and family wish you a rily safe journey,the Lord go with you,guide you and be with you.

Congratulations are in order for one back bencher aka Arnold Nganda. I can see you have done your interview today? we await for your interview experience. congrats again
Pose,
On the 19th i passed the interview baby...ha ha ha :D:D:D:D where have u been?:rolleyes:

Hey guys, I have been following the thread on the Oklahoma party. I do not mean to be rude but the honest truth is that this party might never materialize and if it does it might be some time before it happens. Reason no. 1 is because when you all come to the US, you will quickly realize that people do not socialize like they do in Kenya - meeting over a cup of tea or some nyama choma and kadhalika. People get buried with work and tight schedules that the last thing you will be thinking of is how to organize a party. Eventually you might do after you settle down and are no longer "being hosted" by someone but until then, might be a good idea to celebrate while you are in Kenya and you have the time and resources to do so. All in all a party can be arranged but not with the ease that is being discussed hear. Anyone listening?????

Ben K,
You have a point. Its genuinely true.o_O I can tell you that i have been in touch with the Initiator of the Party Family2133 - n he told me the party is still ON:p:D:eek:. This party was meant to help us settle down n mingle.;) As you are all aware IT'S NOT EASY when you get to the States.:mad: Some of our Fellow Buddies who where DAILIES here on the Forum - ARE NO LONGER VISIBLE. ....
Y - they have not settled down. One thing we all need is a common front where we can all link up n forge a way FORWARD. Come to think of it we all think we are landing on Job opportunities right away !!! That may not be the case. For some Jobs don't come easy for others they have a soft landing. We all have different stories to write and read. :oops:
The party is on n its slated for Christmas time when the work load is low n the season for holiday is on as well.:p. Life in the States is not as EASY as we all think it is....It's TOUGH. But once we all link up n share experiences then am sure we are gonna move faster. Those who shall make it well n Good those who will not - Life Has to Continue.:p:D:):):D:D
But BenK u r invited.

Ben K,
You have a point. Its genuinely true.o_O I can tell you that i have been in touch with the Initiator of the Party Family2133 - n he told me the party is still ON:p:D:eek:. This party was meant to help us settle down n mingle.;) As you are all aware IT'S NOT EASY when you get to the States.:mad: Some of our Fellow Buddies who where DAILIES here on the Forum - ARE NO LONGER VISIBLE. ....
Y - they have not settled down. One thing we all need is a common front where we can all link up n forge a way FORWARD. Come to think of it we all think we are landing on Job opportunities right away !!! That may not be the case. For some Jobs don't come easy for others they have a soft landing. We all have different stories to write and read. :oops:
The party is on n its slated for Christmas time when the work load is low n the season for holiday is on as well.:p. Life in the States is not as EASY as we all think it is....It's TOUGH. But once we all link up n share experiences then am sure we are gonna move faster. Those who shall make it well n Good those who will not - Life Has to Continue.:p:D:):):D:D
But BenK u r invited.

December is right around the corner. Just be sure to come back and inform the forum how many of those who originally rsvp'd showed up for the 'party

My case(2015af000004**) is current but never received the 2NL.After UNLOCKING and resubmitting,the confirmation showed the DS was submitted on 21-08-2014.The previous DS were submitted on 19-05-2014 and the others on 11-07-2014.My question is,Which dates are they going to consider for the 2NL since am yet to receive the invite.
But its normally Standard time....Normally the 2nd NL is received 6-8 weeks before your interview. In the Mean time please make sure you have your documents on the Ready - COGC, Educational Certificates, Birth Certificate etc etc - those documents which are required. Dont WAIT for the 2nd NL. Once you get the 2nd NL just plan to go for the medicals....

December is right around the corner. Just be sure to come back and inform the forum how many of those who originally rsvp'd showed up for the 'party
The turn up strangely but true Shall be UP. Sm1s, my dear apart from your host - you need another guardian angel. Forumates provide that extra leverage. Anyway God willing we should all be there including u .

hi guys, am sorry have missed in action for a while now, have been so busy with preparations for my journey which is tomorrow, thank u guys for being so good friends and keep being the same way, i'll let u know how the place is though am sure u've heard enough, thanks again n may u be blessd, Prince John pliz communicate to me........ jorj acha kunyamaza
Sims,
Safe Journey Bro. Hope all goes Well for you that side.

TYT
I got this from 2013 Forum its a nice Read for you.
femsoj: I signed my 8years contract with the US army yesterday(4 yeas as an active member and the remaining 4 years as a reserve member) . To those having it in mind of joining the US army, there are so many advantages in it. Most people's fear is that they might be deploy to the battle field,but one thing about the US army is that you already know the job you will be trained for before signing your contract. Those people given infantry (combat job) are the only one that will be trained in fighting at the war front. You have the right to pick the job you want to do in the army, so far you meet the cut off mark for that job in their entrant exam (ASVAB test) . BENEFITS : You will become a US citizen within 3 - 6 month of joining the army (I.e, within the period you are in the basic and advance training) . Up to 53,200dollars has tuition fee, if you wish to go back to school. There is something they also called GI bill. This is the money they will be giving to you after leaving the military to further your education has well and the benefit can also be transfer to your spouse or children(for you to qualify for this benefit, they will be deducting 100dollars on your salary every month while you are still in active duty) . Other benefits: there is no need of thinking about paying for house rent, they are the one responsible for your accommodation and feeding. I'll be going for my basic training for 9weeks in may at South Carolina and for my advance training for another 7weeks at Virgina. For more information on how to join the US army and the benefits in it, you can visit :www.goarmy.com

Ben K,
You have a point. Its genuinelysue.o_O I can tell you that i have been in touch with the Initiator of the Party Family2133 - n he told me the party is still ON:p:D:eek:. This party was meant to help us settle down n mingle.;) As you are all aware IT'S NOT EASY when you get to the States.:mad: Some of our Fellow Buddies who where DAILIES here on the Forum - ARE NO LONGER VISIBLE. ....
But BenK u r invited.
I agree with you, the party is still on but most of the guys are still struggling to settle and job hunt so the last thing they would think about right now is to party,( according to the hierarchy of needs theory). All in all, the most important point is to know that we have to meet, whether two or more, whether in Oklahoma or another state. We need to share contacts bcs people tent to vanish once they reach USA.
Especially for the guys who will settle in the southern part, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona Kansas, New Mexico , Alabama etc, its easy to drive and attend. For example if I set my Nissan on the highway, it takes me 3 hours to reach Dallas from Oklahoma city.

I agree with you, the party is still on but most of the guys are still struggling to settle and job hunt so the last thing they would think about right now is to party,( according to the hierarchy of needs theory). All in all, the most important point is to know that we have to meet, whether two or more, whether in Oklahoma or another state. We need to share contacts bcs people tent to vanish once they reach USA.
Especially for the guys who will settle in the southern part, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona Kansas, New Mexico , Alabama etc, its easy to drive and attend. For example if I set my Nissan on the highway, it takes me 3 hours to reach Dallas from Oklahoma city.
I will be in kansas I hope !
Family nice to hear from you man, you will be on my list of he favorites forum mates ;)

@tyt when I registered for dhl the first Day the system was saying on transistor but by yesterday morning there was a waybill no and the status changed to ready for pickup, any development on your side?
All the best bro!

A post from the Nairobi-Us-Embassy Goes like this...Who can expound on this.

NOTE: THIS APPLIES ONLY TO DIVERSITY VISA 2014 LOTTERY WINNERS WHO WERE NOTIFIED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE (KCC PROCESSING CENTER) OF THEIR SELECTED STATUS IN MAY 2013.

Very Important Note about the DV-2014 season: The US government made 50,000 visas available for those selected for the DV-2014 season. Interviews for the DV-2014 program began in October 2013 and will conclude September 30, 2014. As the DV program instructions clearly note, once all of the 50,000 diversity visas have been issued, the program will end. Effective immediately, diversity visas are no longer available for applicants who were unable to attend their original interview appointment as numbers have been exhausted. Only those applicants whose first scheduled interview appointment is in August or September 2014 will still be interviewed for eligibility for a diversity visa. Applicants whose first scheduled interview appointment is in August or September 2014 must maintain this original appointment in order to be considered for a diversity visa.

Applicants who already attended their interview but whose file was incomplete are no longer guaranteed to receive a diversity visa. These applicants will be contacted before September 30 for a final decision.

This extract was posted and discussed a few days ago, wasn't it? The bit you bolded in blue is obvious... They will not reschedule any interviews from other months.

@Simon u jst break my heart jst nw and make me worried more here!! U mean we that on Ap nw are not guarantee before the end of the FY ,or the amount visas left nw are not enough u mean for cases too that on Ap??

Applicants who already attended their interview but whose file was incomplete are no longer guaranteed to receive a diversity visa. These applicants will be contacted before September 30 for a final decision.

:(:(:(:(

@Simon u jst break my heart jst nw and make me worried more here!! U mean we that on Ap nw are not guarantee before the end of the FY ,or the amount visas left nw are not enough u mean for cases too that on Ap??
TYT your case is different,the post was specifically for cases handled by the Nairobi US Embassy.Am sure and certainly sure that all cases with AP will be resolved by early next month.One case AP was resolved yesterday and another(ready case) has been called for interview tomorrow(28-08-14)imagine receiving a call from the embassy and being requested whether you can make for an interview tomorrow morning at 6.30am.So be prepared.