• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Rodgers n Giddy
I also want to make my payment but it's adviced u make the payment while in the states. There is something Family mentioned like a week or so ago....

Rodgers n Giddy
I also want to make my payment but it's adviced u make the payment while in the states. There is something Family mentioned like a week or so ago....

I don't know what family said but it is not "advised". You can do it if you are have problems doing the transfer before you go, but the longer you take to pay, the longer it takes before your green card arrives.

Rodgers n Giddy

It's advisable to do it before coming to the states, that way the green card production starts as soon as you enter the states..If you don't have a credit card, get someone who does, give them $165 and they pay for you but ensure your details in the ELIS website are correct.Especially names..

I don't know what family said but it is not "advised". You can do it if you are have problems doing the transfer before you go, but the longer you take to pay, the longer it takes before your green card arrives.

Susie, what is the 45 day rule thing they keep asking everytime you call the USCIS customer service helpline regarding payment of the $165?

It's advisable to do it before coming to the states, that way the green card production starts as soon as you enter the states..If you don't have a credit card, get someone who does, give them $165 and they pay for you but ensure your details in the ELIS website are correct.Especially names..
Either Way when one enters for the process to complete they need your
Yellow Envelop from POE - because it has your signature and fingerprints which you put on documents you sign at POE n also the Greencard has the date your Permanent Residency Started. I bet this what it takes for one to have their Greencard out.
So Really whether one pays now or note depends on..when that envelop gets there.

Susie, what is the 45 day rule thing they keep asking everytime you call the USCIS customer service helpline regarding payment of the $165?

I'm not sure what you were asking them, unless it is that they ask you to wait at least 45 days before enquiring about the progress of your green card production.

Either Way when one enters for the process to complete they need your
Yellow Envelop from POE - because it has your signature and fingerprints which you put on documents you sign at POE n also the Greencard has the date your Permanent Residency Started. I bet this what it takes for one to have their Greencard out.
So Really whether one pays now or note depends on..when that envelop gets there.

You can also "bet" they need the fee. Card comes approx two months after POE or payment of the fee, whichever is LATER. So it doesn't really make a difference if you pay as soon as you arrive, but they will NOT produce the card if the fee has not been paid. But I'm not going to keep debating with you, pay whenever you want, just remember that you need the physical green card by a year after entry, and that if things go wrong in the production process it can take months to get that sorted out (partly because they have these rules eg wait 45 days after entry, wait 60 days after last enquiry, etc) and get the card to you. If you're happy to risk multiple delays, good for you.

I checked earlier today and the system was saying under maintenance so i dunn know of now but i also dont think there z any harm either paying before or after

From USCIS.gov..

We strongly encourage you to pay this fee after you receive your immigrant visa packet from the U.S. embassy or consulate abroad (including Canada and Mexico) and before you depart for the United States. Paying before you depart for the United States will ensure that you receive your Permanent Resident Card (commonly referred to as a Green Card) without delay. However, you can also pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee after you immigrate to the United States. We will send your Green Card to you after you pay the fee.

For more tips on how to pay, see link below..
http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/tips-paying-your-immigrant-fee

hallo folks hop ya all ok and doing great arnold have you traveled or you are still around mate ? gurixx thanks for comin back and sharing with guys in the forum how is houston TX? .I have also tried to access the USCIS website and trying to find my way in there but this is what i got from them.i believe it is advisable to pay before you leave your country

The USCIS Electronic Immigration System is temporarily off line as we perform maintenance. We regret any inconvenience and encourage customers to try again later today.

For those preparing for their interviews and medicals and those on AP our prayer is that at the end of this journey we shall all be smiling and giving thanks to the almighty and always remember guys God loves you and be blessed folks ,TEAM 2015 all the best

From USCIS.gov..

We strongly encourage you to pay this fee after you receive your immigrant visa packet from the U.S. embassy or consulate abroad (including Canada and Mexico) and before you depart for the United States. Paying before you depart for the United States will ensure that you receive your Permanent Resident Card (commonly referred to as a Green Card) without delay. However, you can also pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee after you immigrate to the United States. We will send your Green Card to you after you pay the fee.

For more tips on how to pay, see link below..
http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/tips-paying-your-immigrant-fee
Gurixx have you paid the $165 fee?

Guys its been a long tym i believe the house is being blessd at this crucial tym of our dv 2014 journey ,for those waiting for their interviews keep calm and focus cause the visa is already yours and all the best .

Today's devotion
Psalm 136:26

Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.

Remember God loves you and be blessed house