• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hello everyone!

Once again, thanks a lot for sharing such useful information!

Before I ask my questions let me summarize my family’s AOS timeframe (Current since October 2013 –the info is also in row 15 of the spreadsheet):

12/13/2013 Documents received in Chicago (Case being processed by NBC – Acceptance Status)

12/17/2013 USCIS Check cashed

12/23/2013 NOA letter & Bio letter

01/09/2014 Bio date

02/24/2014 Work Permit / Advance Parole Cards Received

We have not had any news or the Interview Letter yet. According to the USCIS website, the Miami Field Office is taking up to 7.5 months to process I-485’s (as of March 31, 2014). So, technically we are still within the estimated processing times. I made the mistake of using a lawyer for our case, but it’s no use crying over spilled milk right now.

I requested an infopass for June 9th, 2014. Is there anything else I should do to speed up the process?

Thanks in advance!

LeNash

Hello everyone!

Before I ask my questions let me summarize my family’s AOS timeframe (Current since October 2013 –the info is also in row 15 of the spreadsheet):

12/13/2013 Documents received in Chicago (Case being processed by NBC – Acceptance Status)

01/09/2014 Bio date

We have not had any news or the Interview Letter yet. According to the USCIS website, the Miami Field Office is taking up to 7.5 months to process I-485’s (as of March 31, 2014). So, technically we are still within the estimated processing times. I made the mistake of using a lawyer for our case, but it’s no use crying over spilled milk right now.

I requested an infopass for June 9th, 2014. Is there anything else I should do to speed up the process?

Thanks in advance!

LeNash

That is ridiculous that you haven't been adjudicated yet. The normal timelines for processing should not apply to a DV case. The info pass is a good idea, and you should also enlist your local congressperson to help on your case. Mom will be along soon, so I'll let her guide you as she is the DV aos expert...

Hello everyone!

01/09/2014 Bio date

Thanks in advance!

LeNash

What da heck? You've been current since Oct, filed in Dec and 5 months later you haven't received an IL? :eek::eek:

This is beyond ridiculous! What does your lawyer have to say about this delay by the way??? The online processing time you're referring to (which customer reps also quote when one calls USCIS) is not applicable to DV cases for goodness sake.

You've kept quite for way too long, so you need to start raising all sorts of storms. Contact your congress person right away and request for them to do a follow up with USCIS on your behalf. Regardless of what they come back and tell you, proceed with the infopass appointment if there's still no IL by June 9th.

Go through this thread and print out copies of documents we've posted showing that DV cases do not follow the standard I-485 processing time and take this along to your FO. Take all your documents along when you attend the infopass, be prepared for the possibility of being interviewed on the spot. For all you know, your lawyer might not have sent your application as a DV case to even start with.

What da heck? You've been current since Oct, filed in Dec and 5 months later you haven't received an IL? :eek::eek:

This is beyond ridiculous! What does your lawyer have to say about this delay by the way??? The online processing time you're referring to (which customer reps also quote when one calls USCIS) is not applicable to DV cases for goodness sake.

You've kept quite for way too long, so you need to start raising all sorts of storms. Contact your congress person right away and request for them to do a follow up with USCIS on your behalf. Regardless of what they come back and tell you, proceed with the infopass appointment if there's still no IL by June 9th.

Go through this thread and print out copies of documents we've posted showing that DV cases do not follow the standard I-485 processing time and take this along to your FO. Take all your documents along when you attend the infopass, be prepared for the possibility of being interviewed on the spot. For all you know, your lawyer might not have sent your application as a DV case to even start with.

Thanks a lot Britsimon and Mom! I will go to my infopass and contact my Congress Representative. I will keep you all posted :)

So, this new thread is the reason why I was not seeing anyone in the old forum! Just got time to log into the new forum. Anyway, I am so happy to let you all know that my online status changed to card production on May 22 and to decision after couple of hours on the same day. Now, the status is still on decision stage and says a notice (probably a welcome letter?) is sent to my address on May 22. No any updates on card production and mailing of card. I am looking forward to receiving the notice and my green card.

:)Yep, this is where everyone has been hiding :cool:

I did leave a post on the old thread though requesting users to move over to this new site, I'm surprised you didn't see it.

Anyway congratulations on coming this far. Enjoy your new LPR status.

Hi
I got married after I submitting my original entry so the entry only has my information. My spouse will not do CP with me. My question is should I send DS 230 for my spouse to update KCC even he wont interview?

Hi
I got married after I submitting my original entry so the entry only has my information. My spouse will not do CP with me. My question is should I send DS 230 for my spouse to update KCC even he wont interview?

Why isn't your spouse processing if I may ask?

Hi Mom

He is in status of asylum pending. If he leaves US, his asylum application will cancel. It is too risky to bring my spouse do CP.

Even if he doesn't process have you updated your DS230 to correctly reflect you have a spouse? This must be done irrespective of whether or not he will process as your derivative.

Even if he doesn't process have you updated your DS230 to correctly reflect you have a spouse? This must be done irrespective of whether or not he will process as your derivative.

I have not send DSP 122, DS 230 yet. Because I would like to wait until the August visa bulletin release on June to decide do aos or cp. Do I need to notice anyone that my spouse won't interview with me? Should I bring the copy document of my spouse's status to show why he is not interview?
Thx Mom:)

Hi Mom

He is in status of asylum pending. If he leaves US, his asylum application will cancel. It is too risky to bring my spouse do CP.

I see. Well since you're still debating wether between doing AOS and CP, you can still hold off on submitting your form as you're planning. If you end up deciding on doing CP, you just send in the DSP-122 and DS-230 forms for yourself. You will however need to indicate you're married, and there's a section on the DS-230 form for indicating which of your family member will or will not be immigrating with you. You will just list him as appropriate on your form, you don't send in an extra DSP-230 form for him if he's not doing CP.

However, if you opt to go the AOS route, you only need to send out DSP-122 to KCC for yourself, your spouse can file I-485 with you and this will not have any negative impact on his on-going assylum application, it could actually end up being approved before the assylum application itself.