• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Tony and jj777

See the link below and please print off this (and the URL) for your appointments tomorrow. Remember the USCIS officers (and your lawyer, Tony) think there is no problem with visas being exhausted - they have plenty of time until the 9/30 deadline because that is what usually happens.

Well now (as of yesterday) they are starting to announce the impending car wreck - in a very clear way - and this notice is not something we have seen in previous years. I am also seeing large visa issued jumps in AF - almost 500 visas issued in the last 3 days. AS region is still sitting on the Iranian AP cases - which honestly is the only thing keeping the program open right now. Iran is massively behind a "normal" year for them. So, please, stay calm tomorrow, but do use your powers of persuasion to get them to pull your visas from IVAMSWEB immediately - we cannot be sure of visas lasting until the 30th for AoS cases.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_2014_Exhaustion_of_DV_Numbers.pdf

Here is how it looks on their search function.

[PDF] DV-2014 Exhaustion of DV Numbers

Page 1. VISA: DIVERSITY VISA PROGRAM – DV-2014 Exhaustion of DV Numbers
The congressionally mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program ...
travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_2014_Exhaustion_of_DV_Numbers.pdf - Sep 16, 2014
Thank you Simon
I will do my best to get it done tomorrow.

I really have no clue of those people who is who in the office. I had seen that Jamaican supervisor around sometimes. Where is the bald guy Ben sitting?

When you get in there is a left line for infopass and a right one for interviews. Ben checks your interview info. They moved to another office last Friday so the layout might be different.

I really have no clue of those people who is who in the office. I had seen that Jamaican supervisor around sometimes. Where is the bald guy Ben sitting?

Simon or anyone knows how many DV visas have been issued? Any link to follow the DV visa numbers will be appreciated. Thank you all. I am getting ready to see those you know who.

48.8k issued excluding AOS cases (about 2k). So we are over 50k - the published target.

I called boston congressman Capuano office this morning and got forwarded to his immigration liaison name Jose. After explaining my case, he told me that is why it is called lottery visa because you can win or lose, just go to the state department website and follow the instruction. You can always try next year if you are not approved. What an idiot! I hung up the phone.

I called boston congressman Capuano office this morning and got forwarded to his immigration liaison name Jose. After explaining my case, he told me that is why it is called lottery visa because you can win or lose, just go to the state department website and follow the instruction. You can always try next year if you are not approved. What an idiot! I hung up the phone.

Someone needs to explain how to represent the people...

So it is over already. How can USCIS still pick up the visa number from its system?

They are using visas that are allocated to the NACARA program (DV limit is actually 55k, 5k of those being reserved for Nacara) - we knew they would, we just don't know how many they will allow DV to use.

It isn't over yet, but we are seeing the beginning of the end. Make your info pass count.

Ignore him. You will meet/find people who would help and people who wouldn't. Move to the next thing you can do. Don't worry about visa being exhausted. You need just one. They will find one.

Good luck with the infopass today. I have a feeling something will move today.

Apparently you have an idiot-magnet on you. You just need to work harder. :)

Today I went to infopass at 1 pm to get any update on the case and tried to argue the incorrect decision they made. The lady ( short dark African lady, supervisor)I spoke to at front desk said she is the adjudicator of my case. After I explained the incorrect decision regarding DV filing date, she still kept arguing the filing date error I made and reluctant to read the USCIS policy memo about Diversity Visa program early submission (advanced notification) I brought. She even said that Policy Memo is published by State Department, not USCIS. I was speechless and almost burst into crying in the public just to point out the USCIS logo on the Policy Memo. She then went back to her office and came back said I have go back to wait by September 30th for decision.

I have done everything I could.........
I think that's the Jamaican lady I referred to earlier. She is the interim supervisor. if she is the same person, I dealt with her before, she tends to be a bit stubborn but will do her best to resolve your case. I would go for another infopass next week and see if you can see another supervisor. Good luck

Today I went to infopass at 1 pm to get any update on the case and tried to argue the incorrect decision they made. The lady ( short dark African lady, supervisor)I spoke to at front desk said she is the adjudicator of my case. After I explained the incorrect decision regarding DV filing date, she still kept arguing the filing date error I made and reluctant to read the USCIS policy memo about Diversity Visa program early submission (advanced notification) I brought. She even said that Policy Memo is published by State Department, not USCIS. I was speechless and almost burst into crying in the public just to point out the USCIS logo on the Policy Memo. She then went back to her office and came back said I have go back to wait by September 30th for decision.

Don't give up..I honestly feel that your case will be resolved

It is hard to understand why they are being so stubborn. Anything you do is kosher at this point. Go crazy.

I think that's the Jamaican lady I referred to earlier. She is the interim supervisor. if she is the same person, I dealt with her before, she tends to be a bit stubborn but will do her best to resolve your case. I would go for another infopass next week and see if you can see another supervisor. Good luck

I think that is her. What is her name? How can someone to be a supervisor and know little about DV and closed my case? She seemed nice to others but very tough on me. She refused to read even one sentence of the Police Memo. I just made an appointment with a attorney next Tuesday to see any further options I can take. Apparently, Infopass is not working for me. Also, I check timeline sheet, there were already 5 and more people filed their cased earlier than the actual visa available date and got approved in Boston FO. Very unfair treatment.