• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Kate Chang
District Representative
Kate is Congressman Capuano's liaison in Cambridge, Milton, and Randolph, and the following Boston neighborhoods: Allston/Brighton, Chinatown, Fenway, the South End, Jamaica Plain, Mission Hill and the Back Bay

This afternoon I am going to write/email to 2 more congressman and congresswoman in my district. Nothing can stop me.
The president is the next I assume :) I think you did enough. There should be enough pressure on them. Glad to hear they immediately reopened your case. If you have time, you can alert more higher-ups, but I think you should stop panicking and go back to your regular life.

Thank you for thinking of me. so sweet!
I did sent an overnight letter to its supervisors who signed the denial decision. I got an email from one of them this morning saying they will reopen the case and keep me informed. I didn't sleep much last night just to print and look for all the congressman/senators in my area. This morning I skipped my breakfast and got all the files ready and print a few. I sent express letters to USCIS Regional Director and District Director, emailed CIS Ombudsman and congressman I requested the first time (got replied by email they will both follow up with Field Office again), went directly to two Senators' Office (happened to be in the same building) and gave them all the file and expressed my concerns (the immigration liaisons greeted me and promised me to follow up within 3 days and will get back to me), and contacted a friend of mine who can give me the best lawyer in the area.
Good luck jj777!

You can check this lawyer. His name is Edward Robert White:
http://www.immigrationed.com/About-The-Firm/Edward-R-White.shtml

Here is his contact information:
Ed White
Law Offices of Edward R. White, P.C.
6 Beacon Street, Suite 900
Boston, MA 02108
Tel. +1 617.227.2915
AILA New England Chapter Chair 2013-2014

His e-mail address is: ewhite@immigrationed.com.

My husband and I went to see him for a consultation. He is very patient and passionate about his work. He is the one who answers the emails and prepares the cases , not the assistant. He used to answer our emails in a matter seconds or minutes.
I hope this helps and that we would hear good news on your end!

The president is the next I assume :) I think you did enough. There should be enough pressure on them. Glad to hear they immediately reopened your case. If you have time, you can alert more higher-ups, but I think you should stop panicking and go back to your regular life.

Good point! I have done enough at least for now. I will go have sushi, go to the gym later and try to forget being denied. The First and the only. Thank you all again. Need to have enough energies to fight tomorrow.

Tony and jj777

See the link below and please print off this (and the URL) for your appointments tomorrow. Remember the USCIS officers (and your lawyer, Tony) think there is no problem with visas being exhausted - they have plenty of time until the 9/30 deadline because that is what usually happens.

Well now (as of yesterday) they are starting to announce the impending car wreck - in a very clear way - and this notice is not something we have seen in previous years. I am also seeing large visa issued jumps in AF - almost 500 visas issued in the last 3 days. AS region is still sitting on the Iranian AP cases - which honestly is the only thing keeping the program open right now. Iran is massively behind a "normal" year for them. So, please, stay calm tomorrow, but do use your powers of persuasion to get them to pull your visas from IVAMSWEB immediately - we cannot be sure of visas lasting until the 30th for AoS cases.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_2014_Exhaustion_of_DV_Numbers.pdf

Here is how it looks on their search function.

[PDF] DV-2014 Exhaustion of DV Numbers

Page 1. VISA: DIVERSITY VISA PROGRAM – DV-2014 Exhaustion of DV Numbers
The congressionally mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program ...
travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_2014_Exhaustion_of_DV_Numbers.pdf - Sep 16, 2014

Tony and jj777

See the link below and please print off this (and the URL) for your appointments tomorrow. Remember the USCIS officers (and your lawyer, Tony) think there is no problem with visas being exhausted - they have plenty of time until the 9/30 deadline because that is what usually happens.

Well now (as of yesterday) they are starting to announce the impending car wreck - in a very clear way - and this notice is not something we have seen in previous years. I am also seeing large visa issued jumps in AF - almost 500 visas issued in the last 3 days. AS region is still sitting on the Iranian AP cases - which honestly is the only thing keeping the program open right now. Iran is massively behind a "normal" year for them. So, please, stay calm tomorrow, but do use your powers of persuasion to get them to pull your visas from IVAMSWEB immediately - we cannot be sure of visas lasting until the 30th for AoS cases.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_2014_Exhaustion_of_DV_Numbers.pdf

Here is how it looks on their search function.

[PDF] DV-2014 Exhaustion of DV Numbers

Page 1. VISA: DIVERSITY VISA PROGRAM – DV-2014 Exhaustion of DV Numbers
The congressionally mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program ...
travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_2014_Exhaustion_of_DV_Numbers.pdf - Sep 16, 2014
Thank you Simon for your great reminder.

That's what I meant..talk to Ben the bald guy who handles interviews and explain your situation to him..he is a nice guy..The Jamaican lady, the interim supervisor, and Sandra Burns the supervisor
This afternoon I am going to write/email to 2 more congressman and congresswoman in my district. Nothing can stop me.
Also try to remember the name of the person who interviewed you..if you can't, describe the person to Ben and he might help you..I would go early