• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

:/ I was just googling what I need to do after I receive my GC on mail. Of course change my SSN card (btw I just go there with GC and ask to issue a new one without EAD notice on it and They do it for free?) but I saw every man between 18-26 has to register in selective service... I was born 1989 in February, do I still really need to register or is already my 26th year going and I don't need to? If I have to because I jump into age frame, can I pass and not register...? I don't want end up in military services somewhere ;'((((

Same question here,
I will turn to 26 year-old next month. (Oct.)
Do I still need to register in selective service??
Since only one month left if I get my GC this month.
anyone knows?
If I must do, I am willing to do that. just wanna make sure.
Thanks!

Same question here,
I will turn to 26 year-old next month. (Oct.)
Do I still need to register in selective service??
Since only one month left if I get my GC this month.
anyone knows?
If I must do, I am willing to do that. just wanna make sure.
Thanks!

Same question, same answer. Go ahead and register. The official response you'll receive after registering is an important keep sake.

I just changed my address to different state after interview. Will that affect my case jurisdiction?

I am coming back from my infopass appointment. I explained the lady what my problem is. She asked for my A-number and said that it seems like your case is not missing anything it is just waiting in your interviewer officer for a decision. I nagged about how Sep30 deadline is approaching and the fact that visa numbers for some regions have already run out. She said that we are well aware of this and make sure all the decisions are made by the end of the fiscal year. She then looked at the email address on the print of my FBI's response asked me what that address is. I think she also looked it up. I asked if I can have a brief talk with my interviewer and she replied she is sorry but that is not possible! She then started writing an email to my interviewer explaining my situation and sent it. She said this is email so your interviewer will read it today and decides if he can adjudicate your case. I asked for a contact number. She said you can't call me or your interviewer directly but you can call the FO office and they inform us about your request!
Alright, this is all I was able to do. I really don't want to think about it more...

I am coming back from my infopass appointment. I explained the lady what my problem is. She asked for my A-number and said that it seems like your case is not missing anything it is just waiting in your interviewer officer for a decision. I nagged about how Sep30 deadline is approaching and the fact that visa numbers for some regions have already run out. She said that we are well aware of this and make sure all the decisions are made by the end of the fiscal year. She then looked at the email address on the print of my FBI's response asked me what that address is. I think she also looked it up. I asked if I can have a brief talk with my interviewer and she replied she is sorry but that is not possible! She then started writing an email to my interviewer explaining my situation and sent it. She said this is email so your interviewer will read it today and decides if he can adjudicate your case. I asked for a contact number. She said you can't call me or your interviewer directly but you can call the FO office and they inform us about your request!
Alright, this is all I was able to do. I really don't want to think about it more...

Yep - that might well have been enough to move things along....

Not very encouraging, but not much more you can do to get things moving. Of course, you can always book another infopass ahead of time again. It's not over till the fat lady sings!

I should have asked you to check my case as well while you are there lol. You did everything you could if you ask me. There is nothing we can do other than waiting until Philly FO gets out of its dormant state.

Not very encouraging, but not much more you can do to get things moving. Of course, you can always book another infopass ahead of time again. It's not over till the fat lady sings!
I already booked one for next Wednesday. They say that your case is just waiting a decision for two weeks in your interviewer's office and they say it to my face! How irresponsible is that?! Arrrrrrgh:mad:

I had 5 infopass after interview. FO said the same thing every time. We are aware of DV case and your case is still under background check. Please tell me something different next time and don't bore me:p

I had 5 infopass after interview. FO said the same thing every time. We are aware of DV case and your case is still under background check. Please tell me something different next time and don't bore me:p
I apologize your highness. You indeed are the true queen of background check issues! :p Did you show them the name check response from FBI? What was their reaction to that?

I already booked one for next Wednesday. They say that your case is just waiting a decision for two weeks in your interviewer's office and they say it to my face! How irresponsible is that?! Arrrrrrgh:mad:

This is for your information. You can file official complaints if you think your case is going nowhere: http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/report-uscis-misconduct/report-uscis-employee-misconduct

It is best to have your interviewer's name but if you don't, you can file your complaint against the FO too.

I apologize your highness. You indeed are the true queen of background check issues! :p Did you show them the name check response from FBI? What was their reaction to that?
They said we only see document that we request from you. We don't need to see your own request from FBI. At this moment, there is nothing you need to do besides waiting. :) I have been waiting for 2 months though.:p But I did heard of dv applicants losing the opportunity because of being background check delay victims.

Last edited:
This is for your information. You can file official complaints if you think your case is going nowhere: http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/report-uscis-misconduct/report-uscis-employee-misconduct

It is best to have your interviewer's name but if you don't, you can file your complaint against the FO too.
I wouldn't recommend this , your case is still in their hands and it is at their discretion to approve or not. So I wouldn't make matters worst, be patient and try to involve the congress person as a last step.

On a related note, I'm part of your club, after the interview my case is still in Acceptance, fun fun times