• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Honestly speaking, you should have spoken up about when your case became current when the IO mentioned that he needed to send your case back to NBC. Again, he could have been mixing things up about your asylum case case. You should have asked follow up questions for clarification purpose.
We are on our way back to FO try do fastpass. He didn't mix asylum with dv because He said that we are dv case so we are time sensitive and we have to move fast. Maybe He checkes the second window on this page by mistake, I don't know ;(((( gosh I have no idea why I did not ask, I though maybe is the way it should be gosh ;(((((((((((((((

Well, it's possible it hasn't been processed, that's why KCC hasn't received any information about it yet.

You can give this number for the National Visa Center a shot: (603) 334-0700 - they may be able to help or provide you with another number to call once you explain that you're trying to follow up on the payment you sent in to St. Louis
Waiting to see if they get my call and the National Visa Center.

Is it mandatory when adjusting status in the US to also pay for the DV Fee?

Waiting to see if they get my call and the National Visa Center.

Is it mandatory when adjusting status in the US to also pay for the DV Fee?

Of course, if your AOS is DV based! That's the DV administrative fee that everyone must pay regardless of wether they're processing AOS or CP. The only difference is how and when the payment is made.

We got in saying fastpass. They said that the officer who interview us is no loger here and we have to back Monday. But we showed documents that we were current in May abd They also said that He made mistake checking this window. But only He can fix that. So we will be back there first thing in the Monday Morning. Will keep You updated!

We got in saying fastpass. They said that the officer who interview us is no loger here and we have to back Monday. But we showed documents that we were current in May abd They also said that He made mistake checking this window. But only He can fix that. So we will be back there first thing in the Monday Morning. Will keep You updated!

Awesome! That is really good - just the fact that it has been raised avoids the chance that they send the file off to the darkest depths of the NBC. Glad you went back.

That's great. Be sure to head back on Monday and do whatever you can to get in. And please do not be timid to state/plead your case, ensure you have whatever document you're likely to need on hand also.

Good luck!

Good that you went back. I would also suggest to call KCC on monday to see if he requested your file.

Hi,
I'm checking my status online and it is under initial review and it shows this message
"On August 4, 2014, your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case."

We did not change address or anything. Is that a standard message that everyone gets before the decision made?

Thank you

Hi,
I'm checking my status online and it is under initial review and it shows this message
"On August 4, 2014, your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case."

We did not change address or anything. Is that a standard message that everyone gets before the decision made?

Thank you

Nope! That is not a standard message. Get on the phone now and request to speak with an immigration rep if you're unable to get to the bottom of things after speaking with the front line rep.

Nope! That is not a standard message. Get on the phone now and request to speak with an immigration rep if you're unable to get to the bottom of things after speaking with the front line rep.
Hi,

I called them and as usual the customer service representative has only the information that we can see online. He wanted to transfer me to level 2 officer but due too high call volume he said the earliest I can talk to them is Monday. So, I guess I will call on Monday :(:(

Hi kukilaska,

Did you check you status online? what does it show?

Call USCIS!
I did call USCIS but they weren't so friendly. He told me that they can not tell me if they mailed the bio letter because it should come in a month. he said they have the case and he can not comment anything else except that and he was really rude.I don't know what to do. NOA came July 28 and it is already 10 days. I had 3 more friends their bio letter came after 4-6 days of their cash the check

Hi kukilaska,

Did you check you status online? what does it show?
It says this: "
Your case is currently undergoing a required review by an immigration services officer. We will notify you by mail as soon as the review is completed and a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283." Is good I guess?

I did call USCIS but they weren't so friendly. He told me that they can not tell me if they mailed the bio letter because it should come in a month. he said they have the case and he can not comment anything else except that and he was really rude.I don't know what to do. NOA came July 28 and it is already 10 days. I had 3 more friends their bio letter came after 4-6 days of their cash the check

Sorry to read about the rude treatment. Call again on Monday, and let's hope you get to speak with a more sympathetic customer rep.

It says this: "
Your case is currently undergoing a required review by an immigration services officer. We will notify you by mail as soon as the review is completed and a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283." Is good I guess?

Well it is an update - hopefully you'll get it sorted out soon. Nearly there - relax this weekend...

As I am going through the past postings, I do NOT see a single case interviewed in August that was positively completed! I am talking about AOS based, NOT abroad-CP- cases!
The last successful interview experience, shared on our forum I could find, was by sa85 (post #1166) but it was (late) July one.
Just my (concerning) quick observation...I hope it has nothing to do with the visa numbers availability (or unavailability rumors)...but is rather concerning!!!

Again, just my observation, while trying to stay optimistic!

So... I just received our IL notices for September 2nd. Bravo SF USCIS. They received my expedite notice on July 3rd. They listened patiently to my concerns for over an hour on August 1. I followed up with a detailed letter on Wednesday as well as contacting the Congressman. The net result of all that activity was they scheduled the appointment in September (I imagine at the same time as the other DV cases they are sitting on). The IL is dated 8/7 but postmarked 8/8. I also received a note (on plain paper with nothing to identify it as "official" other than the handwritten USCIS envelope) saying my interview has been scheduled. I imagine that is a follow up from the lady I met last week.

I now have 3 nail biting weeks to see if visas last until 9/2. Thanks SF USCIS. I think they will last until at least then - but it is a risk I would rather not have.

I have an Infopass booked for 9/20. I'll watch the bulletin to make sure they don't announce anything awful in that bulletin and then probably cancel that appointment. I doubt there is anything I can say or do to bring this appointment forward, so I need to accept my fate now I suppose.

So... I just received our IL notices for September 2nd. Bravo SF USCIS. They received my expedite notice on July 3rd. They listened patiently to my concerns for over an hour on August 1. I followed up with a detailed letter on Wednesday as well as contacting the Congressman. The net result of all that activity was they scheduled the appointment in September (I imagine at the same time as the other DV cases they are sitting on). The IL is dated 8/7 but postmarked 8/8. I also received a note (on plain paper with nothing to identify it as "official" other than the handwritten USCIS envelope) saying my interview has been scheduled. I imagine that is a follow up from the lady I met last week.

I now have 3 nail biting weeks to see if visas last until 9/2. Thanks SF USCIS. I think they will last until at least then - but it is a risk I would rather not have.

I have an Infopass booked for 9/20. I'll watch the bulletin to make sure they don't announce anything awful in that bulletin and then probably cancel that appointment. I doubt there is anything I can say or do to bring this appointment forward, so I need to accept my fate now I suppose.

Simon:
Same here, the first week of Sep.
Do you think we can complete it??
really afraid of the visas will be exhausted...
Good luck for both of us, anyway...