• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Haha, yes, we're actually really lucky for having someone like you around. You're like Siri on the iphone :) the SM1! I hope the IL will come thru soon, too. Thank you.

Ha ha ha ......... hopefully the forum Siri will not experience a break down one of these days ;)

I a

I am in Santa Ana CA office too. I was thinking is only me there :(. I am waiting for my IL letter too. About 12 days from my Bio. We will see! :)

Oh nice to hear that someone else also has the same FO. I thought I'm the only one too:). I did my bio more than a month ago and still waiting :(:( I hope things progress faster. Let us know when you receive your IL. I will do the same once I received it. Fingers crossed:D:D

Guys. I had my interview today at 9:30 am at Dallas field office. I was called at around 10:15 and the officer was a lady. It was very simple interview at the beginning since she asked me my name,current address, parents name, my last arrival in US. Since I am in F1, she asked me about my current university, my planing after graduation. After we went through information on form I485 and the yes/no question. After then she told me that she cannot make the decision right away and need further review during afternoon and will mail the decision. It was ok till then. After that she asked me about the sponsor and I handed out the form I-134 along with the supporting documents. Suddenly after looking that form, she replied me that the sponsor have me a wrong form. I gave her the memo and she had a look on it. She replied me that you might need the form I 864 and don't know where you got this form. She also said she didn't have enough time to research on it right now. She said She will review and work on it and will mail the decision afterwards. Or if I need the form 864 then she will request it and mail it to me regarding the submission of form 864. This is the whole story that happened today. What you guys have in your mind

Dear friends,

I was wondering whether any of you is familiar with the tax documentation (e.g. "copies of tax return transcripts for the past 3 years") required for the AOS package. Although I have been in the US many years, I have not payed any taxes given my employment at an international organization and status as a non-immigrant. What happens if I sent the AOS package without any W-2s etc. like everyone else? Will my package be rejected?

One last question, this one regarding Form I-485 Part 3 where one is asked "I-485 question: "Have you EVER been arrested/cited/charged/indicted/...,for breaking, or violating any law excluding traffic violations".
I was given two citations for fare evasion, one about 11 years ago in NYC, the other two years ago in Hoboken. I pleaded guilty to both despite the silly circumstances and paid the fines. I also was cited with disorderly conduct (a violation, not a "crime" under NYS law) in NYC a few years back but it was dismissed by the judge - which makes me wonder whether there is even a record of it. Do you think this will harm my case? Is there any documentation needed from the courts for the file or I should just write what happened on the separate piece of paper as stated on the instructions.

Sorry about the two completely unrelated questions but I you can help me out.

Many thanks!

1. No, your package will not be rejected for lack of a W-2 or IRS tax return documents, however, you should still include copies of your pay-slip or be ready to present them at the time of your interview.

2. My motto is better safe than sorry, disclose the citations on your form and include an explanation of each case. You should also get the court disposition regarding the dismissed disorderly conduct "violation". Don't assume there's no record of it just because the judge dismissed the case.

That is physically impossible because you are THE MACHINE.

However, everyone, please do read these forums in-and-out to avoid asking the same questions!

We all know Machines do experience break downs due to over-use, old age, lack of attention, etc :). So I like the fact that you're encouraging people to read before posting ;)

Mom,

It's me again :D with few more questions :

1. Are there any best practices on how to organize the files/docs when mailing them to USCIS. Is stapling OK or should I have them all punch-holed and organized ?
  2. Do I send the original receipt of the DV payment or just a copy ?
  3. For Advanced Parole, form I-131, Part 7 requires an explanatory letter for Advanced Parole request. Is this a must or optional ?
Thank you in advance,

Mom,

It's me again :D with few more questions :

1. Are there any best practices on how to organize the files/docs when mailing them to USCIS. Is stapling OK or should I have them all punch-holed and organized ?
  2. Do I send the original receipt of the DV payment or just a copy ?
  3. For Advanced Parole, form I-131, Part 7 requires an explanatory letter for Advanced Parole request. Is this a must or optional ?
Thank you in advance,

1. Aside from no stapling? There's no best practice per se in the order of arrangement. However, you may want to refer to the "Useful Links and Additional Info" tab on the AOS google spreadsheet, look at the 'Mailing Tips' and 'Filing Tips' links for further guidance.

2. No, keep the original and mail a clear copy.

3. The note is required if you want to be approved. In general though, I honestly don't recommend for anyone doing DV AOS to apply for AP, but if you think you're likely to need it, so be it. Bear in mind it's not likely to be approved before August for anyone filing in June or beyond for DV 2014.

Hi

1) #31A and #31B in DS-230. "Accompany you to the US now" means the derivatives will interview together (CP) and activate the green cards together and "follow you to the US at a later date" means following- to- join, am I correct?

2) I plan to do CP and I put my spouse's name in following- to - join(#31B- DS-230). If I was success in the interview, can my spouse (who is living in US) as a derivatives do the AOS in US ?

Thank you

1. Aside from no stapling? There's no best practice per se in the order of arrangement. However, you may want to refer to the "Useful Links and Additional Info" tab on the AOS google spreadsheet, look at the 'Mailing Tips' and 'Filing Tips' links for further guidance.

2. No, keep the original and mail a clear copy.

3. The note is required if you want to be approved. In general though, I honestly don't recommend for anyone doing DV AOS to apply for AP, but if you think you're likely to need it, so be it. Bear in mind it's not likely to be approved before August for anyone filing in June or beyond for DV 2014.

Thank you Mom, I will follow your advise and skip #3

Guys. I had my interview today at 9:30 am at Dallas field office. I was called at around 10:15 and the officer was a lady. It was very simple interview at the beginning since she asked me my name,current address, parents name, my last arrival in US. Since I am in F1, she asked me about my current university, my planing after graduation. After we went through information on form I485 and the yes/no question. After then she told me that she cannot make the decision right away and need further review during afternoon and will mail the decision. It was ok till then. After that she asked me about the sponsor and I handed out the form I-134 along with the supporting documents. Suddenly after looking that form, she replied me that the sponsor have me a wrong form. I gave her the memo and she had a look on it. She replied me that you might need the form I 864 and don't know where you got this form. She also said she didn't have enough time to research on it right now. She said She will review and work on it and will mail the decision afterwards. Or if I need the form 864 then she will request it and mail it to me regarding the submission of form 864. This is the whole story that happened today. What you guys have in your mind
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86988.pdf
Page 10, 9b
Page 15, c
Soon or later she will find out that you were right :)

Last edited:
Hi all
First just want to give information about my process. I am current for june. First time when i submitted my application an may 1st i got rejected because i sent it early. I got it back 20th may, on the same day i sent it again with the new memo, this time my application approved. On may 28 i got the notice of action. Today i received biometrics notice for me and my wife. But the unusual thing is mine is scheduled for june 20, wife's for june 19. Is it normal? Little bit confused
Thanks

Hi all
First just want to give information about my process. I am current for june. First time when i submitted my application an may 1st i got rejected because i sent it early. I got it back 20th may, on the same day i sent it again with the new memo, this time my application approved. On may 28 i got the notice of action. Today i received biometrics notice for me and my wife. But the unusual thing is mine is scheduled for june 20, wife's for june 19. Is it normal? Little bit confused
Thanks

My wife and I have appointments on the same day but at different times. You can try a walk in if you like or even just accompany your wife for the June 19 appointment. As you both have appointment letters, it will make sense that you want to do it together.

Hi all
Thanks

The different dates is a minor error, both should have been scheduled for the same day. Regardless, you can both either go on the 19th or 20th, or even attempt a walk-in prior to either of those dates.

Hi all!

We (me and my wife) had interview today at St. Paul office. Our appointment were set at 12:00 and 1:00 respectively. The interviewer was a cool guy. He went through our I-485. The only other questions he asked was about our marriage. We married on may after I got the lottery. At last he gave us a slip saying your file is under review. He said as soon as he will organize our information he will issue information for the card production. He also said that we are all good and we will receive our GC within couple of weeks. I also asked him about my I-94 which he did not take from us. He told we are all good since our visa has not expired.

I am really worried now. Is it a normal process or I should be worried. My case status still says acceptance.

Please provide me some feedback.

Nope, he wouldn't. The years needed to meet the citizenship requirement only starts from when one becomes a LPR. I wish the process worked like in the scenario you described, I would have become eligible for citizenship the very day I became a LPR :rolleyes:

Ha! Same here! And that would have been sweet... :)

Your IO obviously is new to DV cases, judging by your narration. Which means whatever decision she makes may need to be reviewed by a supervisor. You certainly do not need an I-864 and I will be very much surprised if an RFE gets issued for that. Just hang in there, I think you will eventually be approved.

Hi

1) #31A and #31B in DS-230. "Accompany you to the US now" means the derivatives will interview together (CP) and activate the green cards together and "follow you to the US at a later date" means following- to- join, am I correct?

2) I plan to do CP and I put my spouse's name in following- to - join(#31B- DS-230). If I was success in the interview, can my spouse (who is living in US) as a derivatives do the AOS in US ?

Thank you

1. Yes

2. Yes, your spouse will be able to do AOS however considering the fact that your applicable FY is almost over, you spouse will not be able to benefit using follow to join. Once your FY is over derivative benefit will no longer apply.

You will however have the option of sponsoring your spouse for a GC under the F2A family category. This will involve your first filing an I-130 petition which will need to be approved, and after the approval he will be able to file for adjustment when his applicable priority date becomes current. This whole process takes time and costs a lot more, it could take anywhere between a couple of months to a couple of years before your spouse gets his GC, and you will need to file an I-864 with his I-485 (or find someone with adequate income to provide you with this) - this requirement is not optional.

Hi all!

We (me and my wife) had interview today at St. Paul office. Our appointment were set at 12:00 and 1:00 respectively. The interviewer was a cool guy. He went through our I-485. The only other questions he asked was about our marriage. We married on may after I got the lottery. At last he gave us a slip saying your file is under review. He said as soon as he will organize our information he will issue information for the card production. He also said that we are all good and we will receive our GC within couple of weeks. I also asked him about my I-94 which he did not take from us. He told we are all good since our visa has not expired.

I am really worried now. Is it a normal process or I should be worried. My case status still says acceptance.

Please provide me some feedback.

Nothing abnormal so far with regards to your case. Sounds like the IO already gave indication your case is likely to get approved.

Not all cases get approved immediately following the interview. Just because the IO didn't collect your I-94 is no indication your case will not be approved. Just hang in there, no reason to start getting worked up at this stage.