• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - And off we go again!

Im very sorry to be posting this queastion here on this topic but i m so frustrated sinceevery time i try to check my status for the 2013 lottery it says that something is invalid.But i dont know what that could be since i have checked a billion times and everything IS valid! So i m confused and would really appreciate your help! thanks

I am not sure what to tell you. Sometimes people make a mistake in their original application, spelling their name wrong by mistake by one letter, getting their date's of birth off by one number - we all makes mistakes and it's worse when it's something important.

The only thing I can say that might be helpful is that it seems a lot of people for the 2013 DV that were winners got emails this year telling them to check their status (which they found they were selected). If my other forum can confirm I believe this is the case. So saying that, if you have not received this reminder this year, perhaps you can take it that perhaps you did not win anyway.

Just my thoughts, if you absolutely have tried every combination on checking your status.

Q

Hi Jess

I email myself and hubby, take a screen shot AND print it out :)

I got American passport photos and when I scanned them, they are just short of the 600 x 600 measurements required :( So over the weekend I will take some myself. Last thing I want to do is rush and get it wrong!

Warm wishes all

Q

I had a passport photo last year and when I scanned it it turned out terribly pixelated and stuff, so I had to take my own one on digital camera... looked terrible though haha. So the photo is my biggest worry this time.

The only thing I can say that might be helpful is that it seems a lot of people for the 2013 DV that were winners got emails this year telling them to check their status (which they found they were selected).

I don't quite know about other 2013 selectees, but personally, I did not receive any email notifying me of the win. However, I'm aware that some 2012 selectees who hadn't checked received email notifications around July 2013 to check. I think one or two of those also mentioned they were provided with a link for retrieving their confirmation numbers (as the email assumed they hadn't checked because they no longer had this.)

Ah ok. Thanks Sm1smom. I was trying to be positive but it seems it was not the right information.

Well, I am truly sorry they can't check if they won last year or not.

Time for another year then.

Q

I know, Qewty. We're all trying to help, don't knock yourself about the inaccuracy of the info. :eek:

I do feel bad for those having issues with checking, it's quite frustrating not knowing what's going on. One can at least put his/her mind at rest if he/she is able to check and they discover they haven't won. But who knows, some winners in such situation may also receive email notification sometime next year (just trying to sound positive - no one should quote me on this please!).

I agree, time for another year!

the race is on, when is the favourable day to register guyz????

Whatever day that you have the time & energy to just relax and concentrate on the application so that you complete it accurately.

Good luck!

Whatever day that you have the time & energy to just relax and concentrate on the application so that you complete it accurately.

Good luck!

Well said Vichel. Today is my application day and hubby's too. Straight after breakfast :)

Q

Ok, my application is in, and so is my hubbys!

I had one breathless moment because I started to do my application using Google Chrome, got to the 'submit' part and there was no button to be seen! Omg! I just closed it all down and did it again in Explorer. It went through fine then and I got a confirmation at the end of it.

I hate any stress when I am doing these things, especially when you only get one shot at it! Hubby did his second, and used Explorer and had no problems.

So our confirmations are tucked away in a multitude of places and now we will try not to think too much about it 'til next year.

All the best everyone

Q

Thanks Gruch, good luck to you too. The next 6 months will go quickly - they did last year :) I'm sure we will all touch base over the coming months as we all get ready for the May announcement once again.

Q

Thanks Gruch, good luck to you too. The next 6 months will go quickly - they did last year :) I'm sure we will all touch base over the coming months as we all get ready for the May announcement once again.

Q

I finally got around to submitting my entry. I'm guessing we'll touch base sooner, around the 22nd October to see what happens with this peculiar "second draw" for the unselected DV-2013 participants. I'm not holding my breath though, that's for sure.

I hope that luck is with me for DV2014 as DV2012 was a farce and depending on whether there is another draw for DV2013 in Oct im putting my hopes on DV2014!!!

@DVDreams,
plz kindly help me check this image posted here.
is this the write way to check DV result? if no, plz correct me.
thks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

newton the authentication numbers should be CAPITAL if they appear capital in the box, so if A, you put A, not a.

I don't think it is wise to post your details as such on the forum though, just for security. You may wish to edit your post and delete the attachment.

All the best

Q

@DVDreams,
plz kindly help me check this image posted here.
is this the write way to check DV result? if no, plz correct me.
thks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yes, in theory. I am assuming that all the data depicted in the screenshot is accurate. If any of the necessary information is entered is incorrectly an error will occur, and the status result will fail to be displayed.