• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - Africa winners

Congratulations on your visa Makiki! I can't wait to report the same news a year from now :D

Put all your documents in order and wait patiently it shall be well Tew

I'm a bit obsessed - I've already prepared most of my documents lol. My CN is so high that I just want to gather everything together in the next couple of months then just forget about the whole thing and go about my life as if I didn't win. In the off-chance I don't get an interview, that's the only way to avoid feeling completely demoralized. I plan on getting an internship, followed by a new job, etc, even if I may move back to the US within months.

What documents is everyone planning on gathering over the next few weeks in support of their application? Do you have a lot of preparation ahead of you?

For the education requirement: I need to get a new high school diploma issued to me since I lost the old one as well as have my high school write a letter confirming my graduation. I also need to request transcripts from my colleges even though they're not needed.

For financial support: I plan to ask my aunt to send an affidavit of support later in the year.

Police report: I need to get 2 police reports before the 2NL, and a 3rd one when the NL arrives. Do I need one from the US? I'm assuming it would be redundant since they'll do a background check anyway.

The above would take me less than 10 days to gather if it weren't for the fact I'm in the middle of moving.

I am a dv2014 winner and my case number is 2014af31xxx. I have a little problem. I came into the us on a bi visa. I am presently visiting the united states. I came in on 26th of march 2013 and was suppose to return to nigeria on the 26th of may 2013. Luckily for me, i won the dv lottery, can i adjust my status inside the us instead of going back to nigeria????
You can't ajust your status with B1 visa.

Dv 2014 winner

Put all your documents in order and wait patiently it shall be well Tew

My case Number 2014AF000113** do you have any idea when I can get an interview mailed my docs should reach KCC by kesho....kindly keep me posted.

Hey Godia,

Am called Ivan. Am a Ugandan proud winner of DV 2014, Can you please help on that question

Now on DPS-122, Question 6b, They are asking for the Names and addresses of all schools, colleges, and universities attended but the space is too small to include the address of all schools i attended. should i only write the name of the schools and universities i attended and ignore the address. Please help me

Hello! I'm from Ethiopia

Where are you all? I feel like I'm the only one on this forum! :p

Please register and post your case number and country of chargeability so we can support each other through this process :)

I am DV 2013 winner from Ethiopia, really i will share u so much pls

Hi, Momo,

Can you please help me answer this question on DPS-122, Question 6b, They are asking for the Names and addresses of all schools, colleges, and universities attended but the space is too small to include the address of all schools i attended. should i only write the name of the schools and universities i attended and ignore the address. Please help me

My case Number 2014AF000113** do you have any idea when I can get an interview mailed my docs should reach KCC by kesho....kindly keep me posted.

Hey Godia,

You should have your interview by the end of this year or very early 2014. Umeapply kutoka wapi je?

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

Hey Godia,

Am called Ivan. Am a Ugandan proud winner of DV 2014, Can you please help on that question

Now on DPS-122, Question 6b, They are asking for the Names and addresses of all schools, colleges, and universities attended but the space is too small to include the address of all schools i attended. should i only write the name of the schools and universities i attended and ignore the address. Please help me

Hey Ivan,

I answered your question on another post. Let me know if you'd like me to copy and paste it here :)

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

I'm here may be to help you.

Where are you all? I feel like I'm the only one on this forum! :p

Please register and post your case number and country of chargeability so we can support each other through this process :)

I am a registered user by user name koo2005, and i won DV 2013, i'm from Ethiopia and i will have an interview by the month of May 2013. so pls contact/or ask anything what you have problem and I will ...

ignore

Hi, Momo,

Can you please help me answer this question on DPS-122, Question 6b, They are asking for the Names and addresses of all schools, colleges, and universities attended but the space is too small to include the address of all schools i attended. should i only write the name of the schools and universities i attended and ignore the address. Please help me

sure no problem write only the name of the school and ignore the address of the school. ignoring the address is not a mistake

I am a registered user by user name koo2005, and i won DV 2013, i'm from Ethiopia and i will have an interview by the month of May 2013. so pls contact/or ask anything what you have problem and I will ...

Hi Koo! Good luck on your interview!! Please keep us posted on how everything went. I believe I will likely be interviewed next May as well. Are you interviewing in Addis? That's where I'll be doing it.

I just received an email from the post office that my forms have reached KCC! I'm sure my file is among the first arrivals considering it's only been 1 week since the announcement of results. If date of arrival makes a difference at any point in the process, I'm happy I've done what I could to benefit from it.

Hey Godia,

please write them like this if you went to a XYZ univeristy, Town, Country in your country you may have Many XYZ University Branches so state from which town or locality that university is located and your country. This is how we wrote ours.

DV2014 Winner from Nigeria

Checked yesterday and I was selected for further processing, selected on 3rd attempt. From my little research, I believe my case number is fairly high, maybe someone can enlighten me on that and maybe when I might get an interview. Congratulations to other winners and best of lucks to others. Starting the process of preparing my docs today.

2014AF00010XXX (Nigeria)
Entry Checked: 05.08.2013