• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

I'm of a similar thinking. Australia has so much to love, but having lived in the States for a couple of years off and on, and my husband working in Silicon Valley, it's likely to be a good choice for us. If it is a no this year, we will just stay here and keep working hard. I have a double degree as well as work so I'm busy to make the time pass lol. We will just apply again this year. Another year, another application, life will move on :)

Q

but I am still positive about this year :)

@Qewty Yeah i admired your courage but then don't be too optimestic about May 1st cos its a lottery and once a lottery you don't put much hope.

I'm of a similar thinking. Australia has so much to love, but having lived in the States for a couple of years off and on, and my husband working in Silicon Valley, it's likely to be a good choice for us. If it is a no this year, we will just stay here and keep working hard. I have a double degree as well as work so I'm busy to make the time pass lol. We will just apply again this year. Another year, another application, life will move on :)

Q

but I am still positive about this year :)

have a family picnic at the beach

Well good for you but me spending the Easter with my loved ones and also taking time to visiting some family friends.

I just checked the bulletin, and it says for June all are current.

Is that normal? What does that mean exactly for the DV 2012 people??

Q

Hello everyone, it is good to be back after so many months of silence. Just weeks to go so i wish everyone on this forum success in dv 2013 come may 1st and a very happy easter. Just three weeks to go.

2012 Entered 1-10-2010
2012 selected 1-05-2011
2012 Not selected 15-07-2011
2013: Entered 1-10-2011-?

It is quite odd that all regions will be current in June.http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5692.html l guess DOS are willing to give the 2% a chance to proceed.

Or maybe DOS just wan to issue ALL visas because of that lawsuit... Once a visa is issued, hey can't take them back so maybe i is to cut the plaintif any last chances as slim as it was because they are appealing... Because if DOS somehow lose, they won't have any visa to give the plaintif so at the end, the judge will only slap DOS head.

Or maybe DOS just wan to issue ALL visas because of that lawsuit... Once a visa is issued, hey can't take them back so maybe i is to cut the plaintif any last chances as slim as it was because they are appealing... Because if DOS somehow lose, they won't have any visa to give the plaintif so at the end, the judge will only slap DOS head.

You have a point.But also DOS doesnt issue all 50k visas.So the 2% have a chance,its a very small number approximately 440 visas.

You have a point.But also DOS doesnt issue all 50k visas.So the 2% have a chance,its a very small number approximately 440 visas.

what is this 2%? Never heard of it.

On a side note, I feel sorry for the 22k... well thoses who have paid because they are losing theiir money on a lost battle... Glad I never gave a penny

what is this 2%? Never heard of it.

On a side note, I feel sorry for the 22k... well thoses who have paid because they are losing theiir money on a lost battle... Glad I never gave a penny

DOS lawyers in recent replies/briefs said that only 2% of the May 1st winners were random.These are the people who won n dint apply on the 1st day.Those that applied on the 2nd day onwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought they deliberatly picked more winners than visas to make sure they do issue all visas, aside from the ones reserved fro Nicaragua?

I thought they deliberatly picked more winners than visas to make sure they do issue all visas, aside from the ones reserved fro Nicaragua?

They pick more people but sometimes they never issue 50k visas,theyre usually less.Check on the www.travel.state.gov on you will find this info.check here www.travel.state.gov/pdfty/MultiYea... visa issuance in dv category.[url]http://www. travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html

Last edited by a moderator:
DOS lawyers in recent replies/briefs said that only 2% of the May 1st winners were random.These are the people who won n dint apply on the 1st day.Those that applied on the 2nd day onwards.

well, since they voided the may 1st results, I don't think they will go back picking winners, maybe they want to give former selectees who are not selected on may 1st 2012 a chance, but i do not think they will pick only the 2%, because during the first day, there were also some random winner. removing 1st day applicants from the process is a violation of the law

well, since they voided the may 1st results, I don't think they will go back picking winners, maybe they want to give former selectees who are not selected on may 1st 2012 a chance, but i do not think they will pick only the 2%, because during the first day, there were also some random winner. removing 1st day applicants from the process is a violation of the law

Anything is possible,but something is definately
cooking.We'll see wot happens.

Anything is possible,but something is definately
cooking.We'll see wot happens.

someone said in another thread that in fact not even half of the visa (DV1) are issued each year so maybe dos wants to get done with that DV2012 thing & give may 1st selectees who didn't file the lawsuit a chance... & who are not selected on may 1st 2012... Thoses who didn't file the lawsuit because american would be too proud to help someone who sue them (like everyones), & i recall reading aboutt a canadian resident applying for a tourist visa & got denied because he was part of an online petition (about 22k...)

Happy Easter guys! I am back, hopefully I will be selected again come May 1st. It was hard to get over the DV2012 fiasco. As for the 2% be reinstated,I think they are only clutching at straws. Just 23 days away from the result,how time flies.Wish everyone of us goodluck.

Come May 1st

hello fellow forumites, am not a first time reader but a first time poster. i have been reading through this forum since last year October b4 i applied for the lottery. Am excited to have finally joined the forum. just waiting for may 1st, although my heart is beating 2 fast as the day draw nearer. Happy Easter Sunday all.

hello fellow forumites, am not a first time reader but a first time poster. i have been reading through this forum since last year October b4 i applied for the lottery. Am excited to have finally joined the forum. just waiting for may 1st, although my heart is beating 2 fast as the day draw nearer. Happy Easter Sunday all.

Welcome Tiwanna :) Not long now and I am sure we will be sending congratulations to many on our forums come May 1st :)

Welcome Tiwanna :) Not long now and I am sure we will be sending congratulations to many on our forums come May 1st :)

Thanks Qewty I appreciate. I pray u av a smile on ur face come may 1st in Jesus Name. that's my Easter prayer for u.