• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

Hi,

Nothing beyond the norm:

Passport
Birth Certificate & Notarized Translation
Education Qualification Certificates
Copies of vaccination records

The translations need to be certified, and not notarized. Here is guidance.

There is a difference between "notarization" and "certification" at least when it comes to USCIS.

Notarization of docs used to be a req. a while ago; not anymore.

If you're translating documents in the US and use one of ATA members, then ATA translator has predefined "stamp" that they use to certify translations for USCIS.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think DOS already have all the selectees on there Data base.Maybe re-checking for incorrect and correct entries and multiples/fraudulent entries or even incorrect,correct photo and correct entries submitted before announcing it the results May 1st.

Only 27 days now :)

To all those preparing for the season I wish you happy Easter this week, to all others I send my warmest wishes :)

Q

I think DOS already have all the selectees on there Data base.Maybe re-checking for incorrect and correct entries and multiples/fraudulent entries or even incorrect,correct photo and correct entries submitted before announcing it the results May 1st.
Yes I know, I read once on this forum that the selection takes place in January.
One question though, when they do a double check on a selectee & end up non valid, do they dump him & select another one? Or just dump him leaving the empty spot?

Digital Signature

I wonder if the digital signature has any bearing on the selection results. This is the first year they have introduced this Signature thing and one wonders what it really is for??

Yes I know, I read once on this forum that the selection takes place in January.
One question though, when they do a double check on a selectee & end up non valid, do they dump him & select another one? Or just dump him leaving the empty spot?

@Jayo2k,yes i did say so that the draw is done in January of every fiscal year.
Now interms of during the draw,random draw selections is done once and only once base on all the six regional qualified entries received which will selects winning entries once from these six regional.There is nothing like random draw selections is being done seperately or different days.Random draw selections is being done within a particular time which we don't know but possible from January to febraury before the draw and after the draw selections DOS still re-check for multiples/fraudulent entries,incorrect/correct datas and incorrect/correct photos after removing all those multiples/fraudulents entries,incorrect/correct datas,incorrect/correct photos then DOS would come to a conclussion of final selected applicants.The computer always selects more winning entries than the figures DOS would announce on there website,let say i.e 100,261 entries selected for a particular fiscal program for instance but the 100,261 selectees would not be the actual overall entries selected cos DOS must have finally removed all the multiples/fraudulent entries,incorrect/correct datas,incorrect/correct photos to cut down the numbers of entries selected to now come to that 100,261 which they would announce on there website.
this is what i think.

@Jayo2k,yes i did say so that the draw is done in January of every fiscal year.
Now interms of during the draw,random draw selections is done once and only once base on all the six regional qualified entries received which will selects winning entries once from these six regional.There is nothing like random draw selections is being done seperately or different days.Random draw selections is being done within a particular time which we don't know but possible from January to febraury before the draw and after the draw selections DOS still re-check for multiples/fraudulent entries,incorrect/correct datas and incorrect/correct photos after removing all those multiples/fraudulents entries,incorrect/correct datas,incorrect/correct photos then DOS would come to a conclussion of final selected applicants.The computer always selects more winning entries than the figures DOS would announce on there website,let say i.e 100,261 entries selected for a particular fiscal program for instance but the 100,261 selectees would not be the actual overall entries selected cos DOS must have finally removed all the multiples/fraudulent entries,incorrect/correct datas,incorrect/correct photos to cut down the numbers of entries selected to now come to that 100,261 which they would announce on there website.
this is what i think.

that could explain why we never see exactly 100k selectees but always either more or less, sometimes as low as 90 000

jayo2k;2571834 One question though said:
tat could explain why we never see exactly 100k selectees but always either more or less, sometimes as low as 90 000

@Jayo2k,yes are right that,that they never had a round figure of winners/selectees.DOS either selects more than 100k or less than 100k.Although before during paper based program,DV2004 were 110,000 selectees,DV2002 selectees 90,000,DV2001 selectees 90,000 while DV2003 selectees 87,000 selectees.All these are selectees during paper based program but for electronical based the highest selectees was DV2010 with 102,800 selectees while DV2012 selectees 100,600 selectees.

@Jayo2k,yes are right that,that they never had a round figure of winners/selectees.DOS either selects more than 100k or less than 100k.Although before during paper based program,DV2004 were 110,000 selectees,DV2002 selectees 90,000,DV2001 selectees 90,000 while DV2003 selectees 87,000 selectees.All these are selectees during paper based program but for electronical based the highest selectees was DV2010 with 102,800 selectees while DV2012 selectees 100,600 selectees.

that means that our chance are a litle bit higher.
Can sometimes (when doing extrat work), agent might pass by a non conform picture & just let it go? Because that would only explain why I got selected on may first last year because the picture I submited was way to stretched (I did it with photoshop to met the square criteria)... I notice that this year when I applied for DV 2013 that my last year pictures was identical to one dislplayed as an exemple of wrong pic... but this year the pictures (me & my wife because I got married on september 2011) are 100% conform

welcome

Welcome back @mele and the rest of furumite i wish everybody goodluck come may first.

26 days, can't believe it's been almost a year since may 1st fiasco

@Jayo2k,I can see everybody in the house is getting ready for the big day May 1st and updating their status.Some are just coming back on board after some short break from the forum while some are yet to.Anyway good luck to all DV2013 applicants in the house.If anyone or any DV2013 applicants here that are yet to have his/her documents ready should kindly do so now till April 30th cos nobody could tell of the outcome of the results,whether to be selected or not.Early preparation is far better than late preparation.Advise to all DV2013 applicants in this thread/forum.

@Jayo2k,I can see everybody in the house is getting ready for the big day May 1st and updating their status.Some are just coming back on board after some short break from the forum while some are yet to.Anyway good luck to all DV2013 applicants in the house.If anyone or any DV2013 applicants here that are yet to have his/her documents ready should kindly do so now till April 30th cos nobody could tell of the outcome of the results,whether to be selected or not.Early preparation is far better than late preparation.Advise to all DV2013 applicants in this thread/forum.

yep, although the papers are not hard to get, i have everything ready but I do not know if i wil have the AOS or interview since i have a anormaly long pending case at the uscis... it should take 2.5 months, now i'm entering the 3rd one...

yep, although the papers are not hard to get, i have everything ready but I do not know if i wil have the AOS or interview since i have a anormaly long pending case at the uscis... it should take 2.5 months, now i'm entering the 3rd one...

But what kind of pending case do you have with USCIS cos you are suppose to have your AOS/interview if selected?

Best of Luck

To all the DV 2013 hopefuls all the best you have 3 weeks to go!

As you guys check for your numbers on May 1st I will be at my interview.

This Forum has given me so much knowledge that I feel so confident of having covered all the requirements! The rest is in his good hands.
My aim will be to help out you guys in any way I can as long as I possibly can in order to payback my dues to those who have helped us all DV 2012 guys immensely!

Makeiteasier where are you?????????

To all the DV 2013 hopefuls all the best you have 3 weeks to go!

As you guys check for your numbers on May 1st I will be at my interview.

This Forum has given me so much knowledge that I feel so confident of having covered all the requirements! The rest is in his good hands.
My aim will be to help out you guys in any way I can as long as I possibly can in order to payback my dues to those who have helped us all DV 2012 guys immensely!

Makeiteasier where are you?????????

As you pray for every DV2013 forumites and wish them good luck so also success and favor will follow you to your interview and your visa will be granted,IJN,Amen.