• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

U.S. Embassy in Belgrade said this on their Facebook page:

"Since many of you asked:

The Kentucky Consular Center may but also may not select more DV2013 entries on October 1, 2012. But, we urge you to keep your confirmation number in any case until September 30, 2013.
The game is not over yet!"

Make of it what you will.

http://www.facebook.com/usaconsblg

Warm wishes and a big wave hello

I just thought I would take a minute and say hi to everyone who entered the DV 2013 and hope you are all doing well. After so much contact it seems strange not to touch base with you all.

I hope your days are full and new plans are being made for what ever lays ahead for you.

Take care, and lets see what October brings for those still interested in the DV.

If nothing else, it will bring time for a new application.

Warm wishes and thoughts

Q

I just thought I would take a minute and say hi to everyone who entered the DV 2013 and hope you are all doing well. After so much contact it seems strange not to touch base with you all.

I hope your days are full and new plans are being made for what ever lays ahead for you.

Take care, and lets see what October brings for those still interested in the DV.

If nothing else, it will bring time for a new application.

Warm wishes and thoughts

Q

Nothing to comment here and every other forums have seen except for those winning applicants in the USA on different visas commenting.The lottery has now shows to be a sharm.Selecting majority of those on F1,B1/B2 and H1B/H4 visas in the USA and they are calling it fair random lottery which they select some particular set of people base on their own reason which the world has no idea .
Base on the recent results scenario nobody has time for commenting anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone....please am i the only one not able to access the DV website via IE ?? it just doesnt work :confused:...any helpers?

Check IE advanced settings

Hello everyone....please am i the only one not able to access the DV website via IE ?? it just doesnt work :confused:...any helpers?

I couldn't get on the status check site until I checked my IE stttings.
When on your home page, go to the top right where the "home" and "Favorite" and "settings" buttons are.
Click on "settings", choose "Internet Options" and then go to the last tab - "Advanced".
Scroll all the way down and under security section will be "use TLS....". Tick this option or options - (I have TLS - 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and I tick them all). and "OK" to save.
Although it says IE will need to be restarted, it works immediatly for me.
If this doesn't work, you may have to go back in and untick "SSL"?

Untick the TLS after you have checked the DOS site, because you may have problems getting onto other sites. ( I have to uncheck TLS to get onto my favorite airline site. This has only happened recently, don't know why, hope it helps you.)

What a Silent

Hello forumites,its seems this thread has been of a grave yard but keeping this thread alive still priority of some forumites but the October 1st would determine how far this thread would go if permanently to be a grave yard or a thread.Peace everybody.

Hello forumites,its seems this thread has been of a grave yard but keeping this thread alive still priority of some forumites but the October 1st would determine how far this thread would go if permanently to be a grave yard or a thread.Peace everybody.

Hi Schoolboy
good to see you back

I decided to come and checkout the forum see whats happening.

I guess im not one of the "lucky hidden winners" i read one of the post and some people last week were receiving notification to check their entries and they found out they had a winning notification letter !!!

so i quickly checked my entry and was again presented with "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED" how cruel :mad:

anyway i am going to await the Oct 1st results and see what happens but i will also be preparing for DV2014

Hi Schoolboy
good to see you back

I decided to come and checkout the forum see whats happening.

I guess im not one of the "lucky hidden winners" i read one of the post and some people last week were receiving notification to check their entries and they found out they had a winning notification letter !!!

so i quickly checked my entry and was again presented with "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED" how cruel :mad:

anyway i am going to await the Oct 1st results and see what happens but i will also be preparing for DV2014

@MYDV2013 where did you get that post that some people commenting of receiving their NL.Was it from this forum or where?

Ok i think these set of winners may not had checked their status during the July 15 results.So it maybe KCC was just to send them emails to remind them to check their statusof being selected or maybe KCC discovered that so many winners never processed their CN or never bothered to check their status.So the only way was to make them pursue or process their CN was to remind them via email to check their status of selected.But my conern is how come KCC never sent emails to previous winners who never checked via internet status or via postal mail to remind them of their status why DV2012 selectees?

Hi Schoolboy, I hope you are well :)

My personal opinion is that there has been a change in their procedures, and they are in the process of making sure all who were selected have had the opportunity to check their emails and act as they wish. I think this is in a lead up to making the decision to redraw or not in October. If they remind 'winners' to check their emails now, then that gives plenty of time for those people to respond to follow through (or not).

I suspect by September KCC will have a very good idea of numbers and make their decision based on that.

Just my thoughts.

All the best to you

Q

Hi Schoolboy, I hope you are well :)

My personal opinion is that there has been a change in their procedures, and they are in the process of making sure all who were selected have had the opportunity to check their emails and act as they wish. I think this is in a lead up to making the decision to redraw or not in October. If they remind 'winners' to check their emails now, then that gives plenty of time for those people to respond to follow through (or not).

I suspect by September KCC will have a very good idea of numbers and make their decision based on that.

Just my thoughts.

All the best to you.

@Qewty my concern here is that why is it only on DV2012 selectees that kcc was sending emails to some selected winners for reminding them that they should check their status but why has it not been done in previous winners why DV2012.Does KCC want to tell us that a lot of DV2012 winners did not borther to check their status during the July 15 results,was that why KCC was sending email to some of the winners who didn't know that they had been selected to check their status to see who would process their CN so that KCC would know the amount of visas to remain or exaulted and to know how to make it up with DV2013.Maybe that s the reason KCC announced of October 1st results if some of winning applicant would processed their CN in DV2012 and extend it to DV2013 and also maybe the just concluded 22k court case.Well everything seems confusing, things that was not happening before is now what we see from KCC which means we could be expecting a shocking news from KCC anytime.

I think you might be on the right track there, the fact that there were so many factors outside their normal process with the issues of DV 2012 could be the very reason they are double checking for that year (and the court case etc etc). It will be interesting to see what transpires in 2 months time for sure.

All the best to you

Q

I think you might be on the right track there, the fact that there were so many factors outside their normal process with the issues of DV 2012 could be the very reason they are double checking for that year (and the court case etc etc). It will be interesting to see what transpires in 2 months time for sure.

All the best to you.

Yeah october 1st would be positive but then one would not seat down and wait nor be praying but instead to have a plan B.

Yes indeed, for those who can have a Plan B it's definately a good idea.

As Australian citizens we are able to apply for an E3 visa, so that may be our Plan B next year.

In the meantime, life goes on :)

Q

@Qewty my concern here is that why is it only on DV2012 selectees that kcc was sending emails to some selected winners for reminding them that they should check their status but why has it not been done in previous winners why DV2012.Does KCC want to tell us that a lot of DV2012 winners did not borther to check their status during the July 15 results,was that why KCC was sending email to some of the winners who didn't know that they had been selected to check their status to see who would process their CN so that KCC would know the amount of visas to remain or exaulted and to know how to make it up with DV2013.Maybe that s the reason KCC announced of October 1st results if some of winning applicant would processed their CN in DV2012 and extend it to DV2013 and also maybe the just concluded 22k court case.Well everything seems confusing, things that was not happening before is now what we see from KCC which means we could be expecting a shocking news from KCC anytime.

Any visa left over from 2012 will not be carried into 2013. If they are not used for 2012 they are lost. It seems that everything is going smoothly for 2013. All the bugs in the status check system have been fixed, and KCC are receiving applications at a rapid rate. I would not hold out any hopes that there will be much of a 2nd showing in October. This was only flagged as a possibility in case they had the same low take-up as they did in 2012 - which was a result of it being the first year of online checking only, the first draw incompetence and the status check bugs.

As far as I can tell, the reminders are being sent to the 2012 winners who did not check their status after the July draw. Either they never recieved the confirmation number email, after checking the May draw and were unaware of the second draw, or they checked with incorrectly inputted information into the status check and were told they were not selected, rather than the information was wrong, (this is the bug which has been fixed).

There was no need to send such emails in previous years because notifications were all sent by post - the online check was only an extra facility. I'm not even sure they asked for email addresses before 2011?

Why did they leave this action so late in the DV year? - Because of the legal action. DOS needed room in case they lost the court case. Looks to me that as soon as the court decided in DOS's favor, on July 3rd, that cleared the way for the "please check your status!" emails to be sent.

These reminders have been sent, so DOS could be sure they had done all possible, and in all fairness, to notify the July winners after all the computer bugs, mixups, mistakes and confusion of 2012.

I am surprised, that if DOS knew who hadn't checked, that they still waited this long to notify the "lost" July winners. Even with the court case, they should have done it sooner.

At least I feel it is "all-over-red-rover" for me in 2012 and 2013, and I can start hoping for 2014.

Any visa left over from 2012 will not be carried into 2013. If they are not used for 2012 they are lost. It seems that everything is going smoothly for 2013. All the bugs in the status check system have been fixed, and KCC are receiving applications at a rapid rate. I would not hold out any hopes that there will be much of a 2nd showing in October. This was only flagged as a possibility in case they had the same low take-up as they did in 2012 - which was a result of it being the first year of online checking only, the first draw incompetence and the status check bugs.

As far as I can tell, the reminders are being sent to the 2012 winners who did not check their status after the July draw. Either they never recieved the confirmation number email, after checking the May draw and were unaware of the second draw, or they checked with incorrectly inputted information into the status check and were told they were not selected, rather than the information was wrong, (this is the bug which has been fixed).

There was no need to send such emails in previous years because notifications were all sent by post - the online check was only an extra facility. I'm not even sure they asked for email addresses before 2011?

Why did they leave this action so late in the DV year? - Because of the legal action. DOS needed room in case they lost the court case. Looks to me that as soon as the court decided in DOS's favor, on July 3rd, that cleared the way for the "please check your status!" emails to be sent.

These reminders have been sent, so DOS could be sure they had done all possible, and in all fairness, to notify the July winners after all the computer bugs, mixups, mistakes and confusion of 2012.

I am surprised, that if DOS knew who hadn't checked, that they still waited this long to notify the "lost" July winners. Even with the court case, they should have done it sooner.

At least I feel it is "all-over-red-rover" for me in 2012 and 2013, and I can start hoping for 2014.
Yes we all know that visas allocated for DV2012 never goes into DV2013 but was just suggesting since kcc is being acting weired these days.Paper base program were air priority mail with no email used while eDV program had email since DV2005 but never been used only to communicate with KCC after selected.We only seen in DV2012 were KCC sending emails to some selected applicants reminding them to e-check their status base on reasons and for DV2011 were same e-check status started.So as it is now nobody is hoping on october 1st but just been causioursly optimistic about this whole scene of DV program.As for the DV program it would still be on in few more years to come maybe what the congress or house would do is to pass a bill to be charging per entry in DV program in other to generate more money rather than to eliminate the program.I suggest october 1st would be positive but can't stick 100% to it.

Great answer Abbie, and certainly makes sense. I am glad 2012 looks to be over, and 2013 will be done and dusted too. I personally don't believe there will be any new visas (for my region at least) in October via another drawer, we have our numbers already. My husband and I will both apply this year, so as October approaches that is what I will be focusing on again.

All the best to you :)

Q