• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

misses hi...
won't march be a bit late for u?i understand the visa is valid for 6months, after which u can't enter the u.s. Going by ur signature, u were handed ur visa early Aug '13, which means ur visa is s'posed to be valid up until Feb '14. Kindly enlighten me and other forumites..

Hmm, where in her signature does it say she was handed the visa in early Aug 2013?

Hmm, where in her signature does it say she was handed the visa in early Aug 2013?

Hi forumates and good people
hope all is well by His Grace. The wait is really long for us with high case numbers but i pray and strongly believe God will see us through.:confused:
I think from Sm1smom point of view March will be late for NAIROBBA because even if the visa was gotten in September i know validity is just 5 months 2 weeks. So by March it will be pretty late.
God bless us all dear forumates

Hi forumates and good people
hope all is well by His Grace. The wait is really long for us with high case numbers but i pray and strongly believe God will see us through.:confused:
I think from Sm1smom point of view March will be late for NAIROBBA because even if the visa was gotten in September i know validity is just 5 months 2 weeks. So by March it will be pretty late.
God bless us all dear forumates

I'm not quite sure of what you're trying to say here. Are you saying you know for a fact that the validity of this specific visa in question is 5 months 2 weeks (from when :confused:), or that if a visa was issued in Sept, it is only valid for 5 months 2 weeks? I'm sorry, I don't get you.

Sm1smom, I think they have a point. My interview was 30th September 2013 (the last day for DV 2013) and my visa is valid until 27th February 2014.

I'm not quite sure of what you're trying to say here. Are you saying you know for a fact that the validity of this specific visa in question is 5 months 2 weeks (from when :confused:), or that if a visa was issued in Sept, it is only valid for 5 months 2 weeks? I'm sorry, I don't get you.

Sm1smom, I think they have a point. My interview was 30th September 2013 (the last day for DV 2013) and my visa is valid until 27th February 2014.

Not arguing or saying they do not, just trying to have a better understanding of what they're saying.

Besides, in your own case, your visa validity is probably tied to the expiration date of your medical exam. Technically, when the DV visa is issued, it has a 6 month validity, assuming your medical exam is still valid for 6 months (or more - in some places, medical exam is valid for one year).

My initial response was to the poster who claimed the visa was issued in August 2013 because the OP was initially interviewed in August, but there's no date on the signature indicating when the visa was issued. So it is highly probable that the visa was issued in Sept 2013 with a 6 month validity which is why the OP indicated she will be travelling in March

My visa was issued in Sept and expires in March 14
Be blessed

Not arguing or saying they do not, just trying to have a better understanding of what they're saying.

Besides, in your own case, your visa validity is probably tied to the expiration date of your medical exam. Technically, when the DV visa is issued, it has a 6 month validity, assuming your medical exam is still valid for 6 months (or more - in some places, medical exam is valid for one year).

My initial response was to the poster who claimed the visa was issued in August 2013 because the OP was initially interviewed in August, but there's no date on the signature indicating when the visa was issued. So it is highly probable that the visa was issued in Sept 2013 with a 6 month validity which is why the OP indicated she will be travelling in March

You have say it all Sm1 thanks

My visa was issued in Sept and expires in March 14
Be blessed

oh ok nice. I was a lil' concerned for you there misses, ;) thanks for clarifying that.
@sm1smom, as the other normal cases are, visas have been issued 2-3 days after interview date, and as per misses' signature, her interview was on 3rd Aug, so i made an assumption that she got her visa by 6th Aug; and that her 6 months will be expiring in Feb '14

Am still here Ronnyblsd. Thanks for appreciating every one's contribution. We appreciate yours too. Stay blessed.

Traffic in this thread has slowed down drastically after the closure of DV 2013. We dont here the Nickellys, Makikis, Ashes, etc. I really appreciate the many things I learned in this thread. I was not a so much regular contributor due to the nature of my job which entails too much travelling and little internet access. But from the very bottom of my heart, I appreciate, am grateful and thank you all who helped through their contributions and whenever, I look at my passport and see the DV visa, I continue to thank GOD and appreciate you all.

Enough said, I still have a question, at least two questions

1. I have been searching the internet on apartments in the US and looks like you need to have a credit history to be approved to rent a house. I intended to sign a lease agreement as soon as after one week from my arrival since I will be having enough funds to pay rent for at least 9 months. For people who are already in the US, how did you manage?

2. How much money in hard cash (in USD) is one allowed to enter the US with, and how soon can one open a bank account, what are the requirements? Which is the best bank to pen an account with and what type of account do I need?

3. How soon can one get a driving license and how soon can one buy a car?

Thanks all and GOD bless you.

Sincerely,

Ronnyblessed

hey guys there is a question that i want to ask have realized that i did not indicate my full high school name as it was boarding ,i just filled it as xyz sec school and in the cert its indicated as xyz boarding school can that jeopardize my situation or should i send a note to kcc to indicate the issue !input highly appreciated

hey guys there is a question that i want to ask have realized that i did not indicate my full high school name as it was boarding ,i just filled it as xyz sec school and in the cert its indicated as xyz boarding school can that jeopardize my situation or should i send a note to kcc to indicate the issue !input highly appreciated

It's normal to make mistakes. This dv guys know everything and for that reason they will ask you to come with your original documents to verify what you wrote in the papers that you sent them.
Have faith, be confident when communicating with them and the visa is yours.

thank a lot dubai b for the moral support hope i will make it through like you guys in JESUS NAME !vp ulitoka dubai lini kaka?
It's normal to make mistakes. This dv guys know everything and for that reason they will ask you to come with your original documents to verify what you wrote in the papers that you sent them.
Have faith, be confident when communicating with them and the visa is yours.

any figures u have kaiaUG??

Within the month of November, the lowest fare is about $790; and then this will shoot high as December sets in.
I don't really know if this is cheaper compared to other companies or not. Maybe you guys can tell me.

Host stories never cease to amaze me!
QUOTE=enoo;2658061]in Minnesota still waiting for my SSN and GC. Life in the house isnt the best esp with a host who isnt even a relative. Some peoples homes have stiff rules ....mine, NO SUPPER/DINNER. Hunger is really killing me. When will I move out of this damn place!![/QUOTE]

in Minnesota still waiting for my SSN and GC. Life in the house isnt the best esp with a host who isnt even a relative. Some peoples homes have stiff rules ....mine, NO SUPPER/DINNER. Hunger is really killing me. When will I move out of this damn place!!
Oh God that's not nice,hope you get your ssn and GC soon as possible

Pole sana Enno, the storm will be over soon.
in Minnesota still waiting for my SSN and GC. Life in the house isnt the best esp with a host who isnt even a relative. Some peoples homes have stiff rules ....mine, NO SUPPER/DINNER. Hunger is really killing me. When will I move out of this damn place!!

praise to God. I received my SSN today, a week after applying for it! I am waiting for my GC in like 2 weeks time. Things are moving on well