• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Hhhmm, this was a tricky interview(according to my analysis), if it had landed on some one who does not seek for God's mercy and not very steady, definitely they would have failed. Congs once again.
Interview experience at US embassy Helsinki.

Our appointment was at 9:30, we arrived at 9:15, went through security then to waiting rooom. After few minutes we were called by a Finnish guy to the first window. Went alone cause our youngest daughter was screaming at the top of her voice, he asked me to hand over all our papers, he started by asking my university certs then i was waiting for what he was gonna ask next, he told me your birth cert and police records, i handed over all the documents he asked, then he ask me my husband police records and his birth cert and birth cert for the kids ( in the mean time i was praying so hard that he wont ask me my kcse cert cause i had some name problems, you all know, been mentioning here often) I was holding my and my husband kcse on my hand..... then he told me to pay and go and wait. He didnt even take my passport photos, he said the one on the medicals are enough ( wish i knew to save some euros). After half an hour we were called by finnish lady on window 2 to take finger prints, so we did and we had to go and wait again. Finally we were called by an American lady to window 3.
Interview was as follow.

CO: Are you the principle applicant?
Me: I answered yes
CO: Can you please sign these papers for me, sign yours and the one for the kids and your husband can sign his.
ME: ( didnt say anything, took a pen and sigh mine and my kids docs)
CO: Can you sign too yours ( handing over the paper to my husband)
CO: Let me check your medicals then i can ask you some few questions.
ME: I said ok ( while smiling)
CO: How long time have you been living here?
ME: Answered..
CO: mmh thats a long time,
ME: Said yes, its over 10 years
CO: What are you doing?
ME: Answered
CO: To my husband: sir and you, what are you doing here?
Hubby: Answered.
CO: Have you been living too here same time as your wife?
Hubby: Answered
CO: So you came here to get married
Hubby: Answered.
CO: Which state are you planning to go?
ME: answered
CO: Mmmh its really hot there.
Me: yes its is really warm
CO: Are you planning to move soon ?
Me: I said no
CO: After we issue visa, it will be valid for six months, does it sounds ok to you?
Me: I said yes.
CO: Everything seems ok, your visa will be ready within a week, you can come and collect yourself since you live in helsinki.
Me: We said thankyou and left smiling ( i was hurrying, i was thinking and if they realised they forgot to ask my kcse cert) We left happily thanking God.

It sounds like it was a long interview but it wasnt and the CO was so so so nice, so friendly. I want to thank each and every one of you, nickelly, makiki, dubai and just each one of you. It was quite an experience, to wait since May last year till now, waiting of the unknows, since we couldnt plan alot of things basing on the fact that, are we getting or not. Sorry for long message. God is FAITHFULL. Now im waiting for God to provide some dollars so i can start packing and leave for TEXAS to meet makiki and nickelly !!!!

consider it pure joy when you pass through trials and temptations of any kind, because you know the testing of your faith develops persverance, and persverance must finish its work so that you may complete and mature not lacking in anything. Congrats to those who are successful and all the best to those waiting

Hi guys wish all success in this endeavor we r in, to Henrica80 congratulations and those current have faith the visa is already yours in Jesus name. 2014 guys patience pays do research from previous threads a lot of information is there that also helped me through my process, come your time you will already have answers at your fingertips.
Now my question is our deadline to acquire the visa is September 30th, our passports we have the visa expiry date, do this means that even though our visa expires in December we have to meet the deadline and be in the USA by 30th September or is it the issuance of the visas that expires and one can go to USA even after the deadline but before the date on your visa expires. Need help guys whats your take on this God bless all and may all you desire come true.

The Sept 30th deadline is no longer relevant in your case. What is relevant is your visa expiration date, which means you have to enter the US before the expiry date on your visa

Hi guys wish all success in this endeavor we r in, to Henrica80 congratulations and those current have faith the visa is already yours in Jesus name. 2014 guys patience pays do research from previous threads a lot of information is there that also helped me through my process, come your time you will already have answers at your fingertips.
Now my question is our deadline to acquire the visa is September 30th, our passports we have the visa expiry date, do this means that even though our visa expires in December we have to meet the deadline and be in the USA by 30th September or is it the issuance of the visas that expires and one can go to USA even after the deadline but before the date on your visa expires. Need help guys whats your take on this God bless all and may all you desire come true.

Hy guys! is it possible to be given the alien number bt miss out on the visa in one way or another ie. time out or thru any other process. Am saying so coz its now 7weeks since my "successful" visa experience and no word from d embassy guys

NEED HELP

Dear brothers and Sisters,
as you know I did my interview in January and I was under AP, and my visa was printed in May and I was not given the paper saying that I have to pay USCIS fees,
I am now in USA, I entered the 23rd June 2013 and I went to Social Security number office the 8th July
I got our social security number the next day It means the 9th July 2013,
but till now I don't have our green card, and I would like to study and since I don't have green card i can't do registration.

I would like to request you assistance on this issue, I am wondering is it because i didn't pay USCIS fees?
but I was not asked to, i red that after one got an immigrant visa, he or she is given a paper saying that he will pay,
please advise me what to do.
Thank you
Be Blessed

Hey People, I travelled to Dallas on Tuesday and arrived safe jana Morning. Congrats to all those who have got their visas and all the best to those current.
Im really liking this place.. Everything is well put and the systems are smooth. Hope to apply for my SSN tomorrow and a bank account as well.
Makiki and Nickelly wea u @. living in Allen.

You need to pay the USCIS fee inorder to receive your Greencard. its done online google USCIS ELIS and create account, it is straight forward. i was advised that the green card will be mailed.

NEED HELP

Dear brothers and Sisters,
as you know I did my interview in January and I was under AP, and my visa was printed in May and I was not given the paper saying that I have to pay USCIS fees,
I am now in USA, I entered the 23rd June 2013 and I went to Social Security number office the 8th July
I got our social security number the next day It means the 9th July 2013,
but till now I don't have our green card, and I would like to study and since I don't have green card i can't do registration.

I would like to request you assistance on this issue, I am wondering is it because i didn't pay USCIS fees?
but I was not asked to, i red that after one got an immigrant visa, he or she is given a paper saying that he will pay,
please advise me what to do.
Thank you
Be Blessed

Thank you,
for the answer, I already created the account. but i don't have credit card or debit card yet

i would like to ask you if i can use my host's credit card and refund her the amount.
do I have also to create the account the account for my son,
once i log in i can not see the link which take me to the place where i have to pay.

You need to pay the USCIS fee inorder to receive your Greencard. its done online google USCIS ELIS and create account, it is straight forward. i was advised that the green card will be mailed.

i found out how to pay
i have A-Number
but I was not given (Case ID Number), excuse me what is CASE ID NUMBER

i was not given the sheet with those number.