• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

please share more latest medical exam and interview experienced from Kenya. We are eagerly waiting for it please

place of birth indicated in the passport is more like my tribe is that the case with your passports?

hello peeps hope all is good with u all my mates who will b facing the CO am wishin u all the best plus those who r plannin on their trip .have just realized the the antidote that 1 needs 2 have when facin or the waitin for their 2NL is being composed this is 1 ingredient that will work mates we need 2 b calm and collected durin this process this also goes out to my peeps on AP . wanted 2 know the total amount of medical and the fees paid at the embassy !God bless our bro and siz who will b facin the CO and those on AP !rememba he loves you JAMES 1:17

2014AF00073XXX

Today's Devotion

Ecclesiastes 3:11.

He hath made everything beautiful in his time. thats true

Never forget that God is a Promise Keeper. indeed he is,
He is also a Promise Fulfiller. just like he is about to fulfill mine too
He is true to HIS WORD. like he has always been
God honors His Word and has lifted it above HIS Name, Amen. Therefore, your God given promise will not fail. Has God placed a promise in your heart, a dream, or a vision? Get ready for it to be fulfilled in Jesus Faithful Name, Amen. His delays are not His denials.

thank you Nickelly for the inspiratonal messages, they are really uplifting and reassuring. God bless you

Thank you for the advice. What is W2
Some quick notes about certain misconceptions when it comes to form I-134:

If your sponsor is employed by another entity, your sponsor is required to provide:
1: A written statement from his/her employer indicating:
- date and nature of employment
- salary being earned
- nature of employment, temporary or permanent

2: Statement form his/her bank showing:
- the date when the a/c was opened
- total amount deposited within the past one year
- present balance in the a/c

But if your sponsor includes copies of his/her W2s (even though the form only indicates its requirement for a self employed person), then the sponsor doesn't need to bother providing the 2 documents listed above because the W2 provides an accurate picture of your sponsor's earning power.

Documents are required in support of whatever claim the sponsor is making in order to discourage people from making inaccurate statements (or out rightly lying) on the forms.

Thank you so much Nick, now I have a clear picture
February XX, 201X

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
P.O. BOX XX
NAIROBI 00100
XXXXXXX

Dear DV Applicant,
This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for a DV-2013 visa. An appointment has been scheduled for you at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate stated below. You and all members of your family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview. Please notify the office listed if you cannot keep the appointment.
You and any eligible family members will be required to submit sufficient proof of identity upon arrival. If you fail to obtain a DV-2013 visa by September 30, 2013, your registration will expire. Your family members must also obtain their visas prior to September 30, 2013, or they will not be permitted to join you in the United States under the DV-2013 program.
Please follow the instructions provided in Step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in preparation for your interview. The Diversity Lottery Fee for each applicant and each member of the family must be paid in full before the visa interview and is non-refundable, even if the visa is refused for any reason.
Interview Appointment

NAIROBI
EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES
Consular Section
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
PO BOX 606 Village Market
NAIROBI
KENYA
(254)(0)20 375 3705
April XX, 20XX 08:00 AM
The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case and forwarded it to the interviewing office. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office listed above. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear below.
Case Number: 2013AF000XXXXX
Principal Applicant Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreign State Chargeability: XXXXXXXXXX
If any documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview.
Case Number: 2013AF000XXXXX
Applicant Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Beneficiaries: XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for the advice. What is W2

W2 is a standard US tax form/document prepared and issued by an employer showing the total wages paid to an employee and the taxes withheld during a particular calendar year. Anyone filling out and providing the I-134 will know what a W2 is.

Dear fellow Ugandan selectees, I landed on the information below at the US embassy Kampala website. Is it true we can do medicals from Uganda without traveling to Kenya. Has any DV selectee used this service or it does not apply in our case
"Panel Physician Information for Immigrant Visa Applicant Medical Examinations

Effective July 1, 2010, the U.S. Mission to Kampala’s Consular Section will begin utilizing the services of Dr. Abdu Ali, International Organization for Migration (IOM), as Embassy panel physician for purposes of conducting medical examinations for all Immigrant Visa applicants.

IOM is located at:

Plot 40 Mackenzie Vale, Kololo
P.O. Box 11431 Kampala, Uganda
Telephone: 0414-236-622 or 0312-261-179

IOM’s working hours are:

Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am to 2:00pm

Please contact IOM at the above phone number to schedule an appointment and ensure that you take the following with you to your appointment:

Two (2) passport photos of the applicant (size 2” x 2”)
Valid photo identification for all present at the appointment
Previous medical reports (if any)
Immunization records (if any)

On completion of the medical examination, IOM will forward the medical paperwork to the Consular Section for review and further processing"

Goodmorning! A quiz which i know been answered before but for some reasons i cant find, its page 244 now huh!!! My good conduct have alot of attatments: finger prints, id and another paper to verify my change of names, my quiz is, do i have to detatch them while doing copy and do a copy of each then put them together or i just do a copy of the front page only ( only the good conduct) ?
Thankyou!

Goodmorning! A quiz which i know been answered before but for some reasons i cant find, its page 244 now huh!!! My good conduct have alot of attatments: finger prints, id and another paper to verify my change of names, my quiz is, do i have to detatch them while doing copy and do a copy of each then put them together or i just do a copy of the front page only ( only the good conduct) ?
Thankyou!

Just do a copy of the front page.....my case i never took any copies of any documents, infact if i can remember well i was told to submit only valid and original documents. If you had submitted your forms with photos they use those also but its always good to have some extra. Remember composure and putting yourself together can make a lot of difference.

Thankyou!

Do not detach them my dear so that you avoid a lot of questions ok.:)

Today's Devotion

The Plans of God

In Psalm 139:16, the Psalmist David says that God knows all our days even before any of them takes shape. In the above passage from the Book of Ephesians, Paul tells us that we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Friend, I pray that you will not miss your place in the plans of God in Jesus Faithful Name, Amen. Remember this, no devil, no force, no divination, no sorcery can stop your “crossover” in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen

Thanks Dubai and nickelly, heading to town now to get kids birth cert, do photocopies, passport photos then come home and just wait!!!! Thank you

Do I need to do translation of my bachelors cert, it's in Finnish , was thinking since I'm doing interview in Helsinki then it's no needed, somebody help, if I have to then I have to find out where to do it now. Read Instructions but still need somebody afafanue :) thanks

Thanks Dubai and nickelly, heading to town now to get kids birth cert, do photocopies, passport photos then come home and just wait!!!! Thank you

You are welcome gal Allllllllllllllllll the best tomorrow. God promises to strengthen and harden you against difficulties. Remember, the joy of the Lord is your strength. :)

Do I need to do translation of my bachelors cert, it's in Finnish , was thinking since I'm doing interview in Helsinki then it's no needed, somebody help, if I have to then I have to find out where to do it now. Read Instructions but still need somebody afafanue :) thanks

Last minute rush......you need to translate it to English and get it certified. Tomorrow is your interview, you got yourself a long ahead which would have been spent relaxing and meditating on the big day had you taken advantage to prepare everything before. Goodluck.

Hey, its done in Nairobi, the embassy in Uganda does not handle DV cases. Prepare those monies my dear.
Dear fellow Ugandan selectees, I landed on the information below at the US embassy Kampala website. Is it true we can do medicals from Uganda without traveling to Kenya. Has any DV selectee used this service or it does not apply in our case
"Panel Physician Information for Immigrant Visa Applicant Medical Examinations

Effective July 1, 2010, the U.S. Mission to Kampala’s Consular Section will begin utilizing the services of Dr. Abdu Ali, International Organization for Migration (IOM), as Embassy panel physician for purposes of conducting medical examinations for all Immigrant Visa applicants.

IOM is located at:

Plot 40 Mackenzie Vale, Kololo
P.O. Box 11431 Kampala, Uganda
Telephone: 0414-236-622 or 0312-261-179

IOM’s working hours are:

Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am to 2:00pm

Please contact IOM at the above phone number to schedule an appointment and ensure that you take the following with you to your appointment:

Two (2) passport photos of the applicant (size 2” x 2”)
Valid photo identification for all present at the appointment
Previous medical reports (if any)
Immunization records (if any)

On completion of the medical examination, IOM will forward the medical paperwork to the Consular Section for review and further processing"

Last minute rush......you need to translate it to English and get it certified. Tomorrow is your interview, you got yourself a long ahead which would have been spent relaxing and meditating on the big day had you taken advantage to prepare everything before. Goodluck.

Dubai, easy on me :) all along i thought i didnt need to, thats why i hadnt done that basing on how i understood this:

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

Translation is accurate, and,
Translator is competent to translate.

Dubai, easy on me :) all along i thought i didnt need to, thats why i hadnt done that basing on how i understood this:

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

Translation is accurate, and,
Translator is competent to translate.

Am easy Henrica80...The translation requirement is clear but don't give them room to place you under AP as they check it. I remember i had to translate BCs for my son into English from Arabic which is the official language of UAE. I had pangad my docs in clear envelops for each family member so that when they asked to submit them in this order; Principal applicant,dv1 and dv2. it was an easy process without mix-up. Again be blessed tomorrow.