• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Thanks a lot for doing this research. It is a big relief for me, although I would be really happy to finish this process and get my green card by now.

I know this is crunch time and there is concern about visa numbers running out. I did research and in the last almost 10 years not all numbers have been used. So let this not be a worry. I will post the link to the visa data so you can see the trends. Its a PDF file but this should hopefully help calm the nerveshttp://travel.state.gov/visa/statistics/ivstats/ivstats_4581.html

Did you find anything specific about an special country? For instance, this year there are about 6000 winners from my country which only up to 3500 visas can be issued.
I know this is crunch time and there is concern about visa numbers running out. I did research and in the last almost 10 years not all numbers have been used. So let this not be a worry. I will post the link to the visa data so you can see the trends. Its a PDF file but this should hopefully help calm the nerveshttp://travel.state.gov/visa/statistics/ivstats/ivstats_4581.html

Last edited by a moderator:

same here...it's going to be 2 weeks on monday i did walk in (scheduled 09/06). you should make an infopass appointment today and call cutomer service tuesday...try your best to get some information about how your case is moving even if you have to talk to Level2 people. i had an infopass appointment yesterday which i had scheduled 2 weeks ago....the IO gave me som information about my file and asked me to wait but time is running so when i got home i made another appointmnt for in 2 weeks and plan on calling customer service tuesday...
good luck!!!
hi,

I think you should just try to walk in and speak to somebody at the local office,myself I file on 08/05,my file was sent to the local office on 08/23 and I have biometric appointment 09/05 and interview on 09/09.If your file is already at the local office then they will make sure they set you up for interview appointment before sept 30th.The important thing is for your local office to have your file ,I was told by a local officer that whenever they received a GC application under DV lottery the give it priority because they are aware of sept 30th cutt of date.

Did something go wrong with the forum. I see lot of posts are missing. Even items from my inbox are missing. Weird

Yes they lost the whole forum. I guess last back up they did was on sept 1st.
This is almost the end of dv 2013. This thread is becoming very quiet. I know there are just a few people who are waiting for their interview later in september.
I hope no one is in distress.

I thought I was the only one with an internet glitch, I freaked out cause I had no way of thanking you all...

anyways...

I GOT MY GREENCARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so shinyyy~~~~~ :D
I gotta say, I'm impressed (especially with the microscopic line of images of flags and presidents on the back) Not to mention the mirror-like strip with ur picture fully rendered (using 4 tones only)
I'm liking the wavy text design of name at the front and the bulgy imprint of my birth-date on the side~

Also, purely coincidental, part of the numbers of my cg code is the date I got it on..which I can't say ;)
how cool is that!

so THANK YOU for all the help and advices and suggestion, critique, prayer, motivational words, encouraging messages etc etc etc!
You guys are the 90% of my greencard journey accomplishment! :D

special thanks to my Dear mommy who has the same figural representation in my mind since the beginning cause I dont know how she looks like..but thats allright, u look pretty cool in my imagination ;D

once again thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

:D

Yes they lost the whole forum. I guess last back up they did was on sept 1st.
This is almost the end of dv 2013. This thread is becoming very quiet. I know there are just a few people who are waiting for their interview later in september.
I hope no one is in distress.

The day after the attack they kept updating the site with various backup. It looks like the most recent stable backup that they could find was the Sept 1st one.

It's sad that a lot of happy posts in this thread were lost forever!

Congrats Mel, you can truly say the journey is finally over. You're a sweet girl with a lovely and lively disposition, you took kindly to critique and always had something positive to say, going through the GC journey with you was a joyous roller-coaster experience for me.

You can send me a PM with your Facebook link, if you wish to stay in touch. Enjoy your new LPR status!

HI guys
5 days after approval, our status changed to CPO finally! It is decision now:), but I thing we will get our GCs by the next week.
Thanks everybody:)

Congrats Mel, you can truly say the journey is finally over. You're a sweet girl with a lovely and lively disposition, you took kindly to critique and always had something positive to say, going through the GC journey with you was a joyous roller-coaster experience for me.

You can send me a PM with your Facebook link, if you wish to stay in touch. Enjoy your new LPR status!

Seeing someones real face after imagining a different face for a while will be a real shock. Do you have fb too mom? :)

Really Mel? Do I have FB? :rolleyes: You think I'm too old to be on FB? :)

That's what I was thinking too, like Mel could be up for a big surprise. :)

When I first "personified" your "persona" in my head, I imagined "Sm1" to be a 5 year old or something. :)

I guess people kept calling you "Mom" until I think they started to imagine you to be the same age as their own mom. LOL

Congratulations! :) Enjoy your life and stay happy! Thank you for your positive attitude! :)

I thought I was the only one with an internet glitch, I freaked out cause I had no way of thanking you all...

anyways...

I gotta say, I'm impressed (especially with the microscopic line of images of flags and presidents on the back) Not to mention the mirror-like strip with ur picture fully rendered (using 4 tones only)
I'm liking the wavy text design of name at the front and the bulgy imprint of my birth-date on the side~

Also, purely coincidental, part of the numbers of my cg code is the date I got it on..which I can't say ;)
how cool is that!

so THANK YOU for all the help and advices and suggestion, critique, prayer, motivational words, encouraging messages etc etc etc!

special thanks to my Dear mommy who has the same figural representation in my mind since the beginning cause I dont know how she looks like..but thats allright, u look pretty cool in my imagination ;D

once again thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

anyways...

how cool is that!

Congrats Mel.enjoy your new status

That's what I was thinking too, like Mel could be up for a big surprise. :)

When I first "personified" your "persona" in my head, I imagined "Sm1" to be a 5 year old or something. :)

I guess people kept calling you "Mom" until I think they started to imagine you to be the same age as their own mom. LOL

:D:D:D Oh, wow!

Don't we just love the anonymity of the world wide web! :cool: