• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Just got call-in then went to interview.It was fast and completed interview and nice officer,I took oath but officer still wait for DV package to be approve.:(

What field office you had your interview in?
Did he mentioned what is missing?

Just got call-in then went to interview.It was fast and completed interview and nice officer,I took oath but officer still wait for DV package to be approve.:(

What field office you had your interview in?
Did he mentioned what is missing?

They mentioned some package from DV which supposed to be arrived at field office.My aos package is in field office and its completed by interview.It is kinda weird.

I had an issue in my interview where my documents were not send from KCC to the field office and only after the interview my field office asked for the file and it took almost 2 weeks for the file to appear at the field office.
I think you should call KCC and asked them if your file was sent to the field office and if so, then when was it.
Also, schedule an InfoPass appointment in the field office to the earliest available date so you can check the status of the application.
In case the officer gave you a phone number or a fax number to be in touch with the field office, I would call them on a daily basis to check the status.
You must finish the process before the end of the month.

Good luck, I hope your issue will be resolved quickly

Last year after I notice that I'm selected.

Isn't your ID meant to be read as "someone's mom"? I was not suggesting you would be 5, but that "someone" who you would be their mother would be 5! I was then asking how old that person would be. In a way could tell your age range as well.

I manage to confuse people quite often :)

She is my mom!!!!

Bad news. Despite my specifically telling her to bring ALL her original documents, my wife left her birth certificate and high school diploma with her parents, in her country. I even packaged every single thing in one big envelope to carry, but because she was scared about losing it (she has a well deserved reputation for being forgetful and absent minded) she took the goddamn documents out of the closed envelope and gave them back to her parents. The documents have been sent here yesterday, but they won't arrive until Friday, a day after the scheduled interview.

I didn't discover all this until yesterday when I was preparing everything for the interview. I was relaxed because I thought my instructions were followed and it's just a matter of opening envelopes and consolidating documents.

I'm on hold with CIS trying to reschedule the interview, it said the wait time is 51 minutes. They have a new system where they would call me back instead of having me on hold. No call yet.

Words can hardly express how upset I am. We might be one of the very few DV AOS applicants who run out of time.

Bad news. Despite my specifically telling her to bring ALL her original documents, my wife left her birth certificate and high school diploma with her parents, in her country. I even packaged every single thing in one big envelope to carry, but because she was scared about losing it (she has a well deserved reputation for being forgetful and absent minded) she took the goddamn documents out of the closed envelope and gave them back to her parents. The documents have been sent here yesterday, but they won't arrive until Friday, a day after the scheduled interview.

I didn't discover all this until yesterday when I was preparing everything for the interview. I was relaxed because I thought my instructions were followed and it's just a matter of opening envelopes and consolidating documents.

I'm on hold with CIS trying to reschedule the interview, it said the wait time is 51 minutes. They have a new system where they would call me back instead of having me on hold. No call yet.

Words can hardly express how upset I am. We might be one of the very few DV AOS applicants who run out of time.

Surely you can have the interview and then follow up with the documents????

Surely you can have the interview and then follow up with the documents????

If I can't get it rescheduled, then this is exactly my plan. We'll just show up at the interview without the documents and ask to submit them a couple of days later.

No! No! No!! Do not reschedule the interview! I suggest you cancel the call now to avoid any misunderstanding with whoever comes on the line. If you attemp to reschedule, there's absolutely NO guarantee they will see you before Sept 30th, don't take the risk.

Just calm down. Go for the interview as scheduled. (Your wife is the principal applicant, right?). Anyway when asked for those documents, explain to the IO you had some unexpected delays getting the documents, but they're scheduled to be delivered to you the day after the interview. At this stage, most IOs are a lot more lenient and understanding. He/she would most probably ask you to send in the documents when you recieve them. If the IO recommends that, ask for his/her direct contact number so that you can personally follow up after sending in the documents.

On the other hand, you could be pleasantly surprised and the IO wouldn't even ask to see the original copies. Mine did not request to see a single document, except for my passport as at the time of my interview.

Good luck!

I wouldn't reschedule. I would just show up. Chances are they may not ask for the originals (is she the main appilcant?). You can always bring back the documents at a second date if they ask for it. It will be a lot faster when you have a contact person and contact phone number.

If I can't get it rescheduled, then this is exactly my plan. We'll just show up at the interview without the documents and ask to submit them a couple of days later.

My suggestion really is to simply cancel the call NOW! Don't get your file flagged unnecessarily