• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hi everyone,

I am so confused about my status. My number was current in January, interviewed in April, Los Angeles Field Office, applied together with my wife. The officer told me the decision would be made by May. I called in June, talked to the L2 representative, and she asked the field office and told me I had to wait 45 days to get a response from the field office. I also went to INFOPASS, and she said I have to wait and she can only let the IO knows I came and asked about my case. I have said that my case is DV case, but they can only ask me to wait. I have no ideas how my case is processed and takes that much of time, but I realized that when I went to interview, the IO did not ask for the receipt of the DV fee payment, so I am not sure if she knows that my case is DV case, but I am sure that I have all the information correct in my application.

I think I have a really bad luck, it really depends on how the IO processes your application, but what I can do is to wait, right?

Yesterday I have requested congresswomen of LA county to inquire about my case, they call me today and said they have spoken to USCIS about my case and its going in right direction. My interview should be scheduled by this month and not later than August.

Atleast I came to know something. Hope this work out and we receive Interview letter soon.

Guys,

I made a call to USCIS again this morning.
The lady officer told there is no information available on your case as this is process by NBC and she don't have any information whether my file is sent to FO. Somehow she transferred this call to L2 officer, who was very rude and seems not in a mood to talk with me. I asked him where does my case stand and my file is been sent to FO. And again rude answer USCIS do not process this application with your expectations and we cannot do anything, your file is still with NBC as per the information they have , they will decide when should be the interview to be schedule, if not before deadline its your luck.
I told him what he can do expedite the process based on DV lottery, he said you don't have good reason to expedite this process, DV lottery doesn't mean this case is special and should be processed in quick manner. There are other cases also.

I didn't feel like talking to him for another minute as I felt he was rude and racist. I usually don't get involved in how people are, but this person really showed his class.

Can anyone suggest what shall I do now, Because I have INFOPASS appointment at LA field office next week and what would I discuss with them if they don't have my file.
Those who have got their Interview letters are these letters processed by Field office or National Benefit Center.

Sorry to hear about you. I hope you get you GC soon.

Another LA case, this FO is becoming my nightmare. I hope they process all the cases soon and successful on time.

Hi everyone,

I am so confused about my status. My number was current in January, interviewed in April, Los Angeles Field Office, applied together with my wife. The officer told me the decision would be made by May. I called in June, talked to the L2 representative, and she asked the field office and told me I had to wait 45 days to get a response from the field office. I also went to INFOPASS, and she said I have to wait and she can only let the IO knows I came and asked about my case. I have said that my case is DV case, but they can only ask me to wait. I have no ideas how my case is processed and takes that much of time, but I realized that when I went to interview, the IO did not ask for the receipt of the DV fee payment, so I am not sure if she knows that my case is DV case, but I am sure that I have all the information correct in my application.

I think I have a really bad luck, it really depends on how the IO processes your application, but what I can do is to wait, right?

interview letter arrived today

hurraaaayyyy!!!!!!!!

Guys I just received my Interview letter, issued on july 1st .
I hope all who are waiting getit soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahmed,

My situation is similar, I was current in May, did my bio on May 30th and got an EAD card production message for myself (not my wife)
I believe that my field office is in San Bernadino, CA since I live in San Bernadino county.
My lawyer called USCIS today and was told that my case is pending at the National Benefit Center in MO and only after the interview will be scheduled the file will be transferred to the field office.
At this point there is no estimate on how long it will take and the USCIS office told my lawyer that they are aware that this is a DV case and are aware on the timing.
Unfortunately, at this point I don't think that there is too much to do rather than just wait.
At least we know that there are other DV applicants that became current in May and are waiting for their interview.

seems like we're all on the same boat here :\

Its okay! Patience is a virtue! :)

hurraaaayyyy!!!!!!!!

Hey, congrats!!!!!
In the online case status check, I know it is still gonna be in acceptance, But are the words the same? I mean is it still : "On May 6, 2013, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location" bla bla bla??? OR does it say anything abt having sent u an interview letter???

Congrats

Congratulations!!!!!!
Good luck in the interview
Did the interview letter sent from the national benefit center or from the local field office?

hurraaaayyyy!!!!!!!!

Hi, interview is coming up and I'm wondering if anyone has had experience filling out the I-134 affidavit of support. My husband is the principle and I am currently unemployed so supported by him so for question 11 where it asks whether the applicant intends or not to make specific contributions to the support of persons listed what should we write as it suggests amounts of money and for how long as this form is also used for visitors not just greencard applicants.Any other tips? Thanks!

Your husband is the principal applicant, correct? Is he employed? If yes, you shouldn't need an affidavit of support. He should just put together his W2s, tax returns, pay stubs, employment letter, banks statements, anything that can be used to prove a steady source of income.

Good luck with your interview.

Hi, interview is coming up and I'm wondering if anyone has had experience filling out the I-134 affidavit of support. My husband is the principle and I am currently unemployed so supported by him so for question 11 where it asks whether the applicant intends or not to make specific contributions to the support of persons listed what should we write as it suggests amounts of money and for how long as this form is also used for visitors not just greencard applicants.Any other tips? Thanks!

Hi friends,
My package was delivered on Monday, July 1st, I attached G1145 also but have not received text or email for e-notification, when should I expect it?
Thanks

Hey all of you,

patience is the thing... as I am reading through your cases in the feed.

So what is about this September Deadline for DV lottery winners and AoS? Does it mean i Have to have the greencard before that otherwise I don't get it?? Or is it just that I have to send the package to Chicago Lockbox 'before' September?

My dates so far:
- Current in Feb 2013
- Application sent to Kentucky
- Kentucky letter
- Chicago lockbox i-485 received 05/01/2013
- Biometrics done 05/29/2013
- waiting for next steps...

I am a bit worried about this whole timeline thing. I just called USCIS lien to ask about the case status and times. She said that they currently processing cases from December 2012 (!!!)

Oh, also the average processing time is supposedly 5 month (for SF field office) - which would be Octover 2013.. Which is after this September deadline.

:( :confused:

What to do?

S

Hi everyone,

Get in touch with your congress person and ask them to do a follow up on your behalf to find out what the issue is with your case. Yours is one of the few cases that I think really could use such an intervention at this stage.