• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hi TAZ1981 and united1! Thank you for sharing your situation. I am relieved to see that I am not the only one, but actually have brothers and sisters who are in the same boat.
I found a spot of INFOPASS today for July 10, so I am going to ask FO the same questions as TAZ did. I hope all of us get the letters sometime soon. I will share any further update if I get. Thank you again!

Hi kikiinny and others waiting for NYC FO office....As I wrote earlier, we did an infopass on June 25th and IO placed a service request to expedite the process..... it looks like it worked and we received our interview letter today scheduled for July 10th..... They mailed it on the same day.....

TAZ1981,

Good luck for your interview!!!!

This morning I checked case status it shows My wife EAD card is in production should get it in 30 days, Might get it soon.
I am doing INFOPASS on 9th July.

Hi kikiinny and others waiting for NYC FO office....As I wrote earlier, we did an infopass on June 25th and IO placed a service request to expedite the process..... it looks like it worked and we received our interview letter today scheduled for July 10th..... They mailed it on the same day.....

Ater EAD approval when to apply for SSN ?

Can we apply for SSN after receiving EAD card or we still have to wait until we receive Green Card.

Friends,
We are current for July so I have to send the package on Saturday, Hope everything works fine for us:)
One question, I read somewhere that we should write on the margins of I-485 about expedite request and this time sensitive AOS category, is it right to write on the I-485 margins??
Is it better to stick some color papers on that and ask for expedite because of this kind of time- sensitive category?
And the last question, in G325A, the question about "this form is submitted in connection with an application for", should the primary applicant and spouse mark "Status as Permanent Resident"?
Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

TAZ1981, that's great news!!!! I am very happy for you!!!
Ok, I will follow your path!!

Hi everyone, just to let you know that we received our interview letters today for July 10th. We're in NY. I received my EAD (work authorization) about 2 weeks ago and we were current in April. I know some NY folks are getting anxious about receiving interview letters (as were we) and so I hope they also heard back. On another note for folks waiting to be current I would strongly advice applying for the EAD together with the AP with your I-485 paperwork. I had no plans for personal travel but any potential job I could get soon will probably involve overseas travel. I only applied for the EAD which arrived with a note saying that if the AP was requested then the EAD card would also serve as an AP document and allows parole into the US. I wish I had just applied for it now and I will have to wait for the AP, although now I'm not sure I should apply for AP with the interview date in sight. I have a question about financial support documents, I had tried to get tax transcripts for the past 3 years but only received it for 1 year. I tried again to get the two missing years but no luck. If I can't get the transcripts in time do I just bring our entire tax return documents to the interview as evidence? Thanks

Hi reza29m,

I think its not a good idea to write on the margins of I-485, you can include this matter in cover letter or on top on envelope.

Yes you have to mark that option "Status as Permanent Resident" for both on G325A.

Hi AOS2013, not sure if anyone has answered you regarding travelling with pending I-485 but when I received my EAD (didn't apply for AP) I got a slip of paper regarding AP saying that AP was necessary for travel with a pending I-485 or else you will forfeit the application. It is not advised to travel on whatever current visa you hold even if you have multiple entries and it is valid. Thought that might clear up any confusion.

Hi reza29m
I did write on the margin of our I-485s "DV LOTTERY CASE; PLEASE COMPLETE I-485 PROCESSING BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2013"
and I think i may have written it on the envelope also. We were current in April and just received our interview letter for July 10th. I don't think it hurt to have done what we did. Basically I have heard that since I-485 is used for other greencard applications and ones that have no time limitation it is important to draw attention to who ever received and handles the paperwork that they are dealing with time sensitive material.However you want to do it I dont think it matters but I do think pointing out that it should be expedited is important. Good luck!

Friends,
We are current for July so I have to send the package on Saturday, Hope everything works fine for us:)
One question, I read somewhere that we should write on the margins of I-485 about expedite request and this time sensitive AOS category, is it right to write on the I-485 margins??
Is it better to stick some color papers on that and ask for expedite because of this kind of time- sensitive category?
And the last question, in G325A, the question about "this form is submitted in connection with an application for", should the primary applicant and spouse mark "Status as Permanent Resident"?
Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Thanks Ahmed, I am afraid that they just keep I-485 and throw the rest away before transferring to FO, that's why I asked to write on margins, but not sure yet, did you tick "b" for your spouse in part 2, I485?

Hi jch-nyc,
Thanks, I am afraid that they just keep I485 and throw the rest away before transferring to FO, that is why I ask to write on margins, so you did that and no problem happened, yes?
By the way, did you tick "b" for your spouse in part 2, I485?

Thanks Ahmed, I am afraid that they just keep I-485 and throw the rest away before transferring to FO, that's why I asked to write on margins, but not sure yet, did you tick "b" for your spouse in part 2, I485?

I checked "h" for my wife aswell. But later on came to know we have to check "h" for primary applicant only who is winner of lottery.
But USCIS never returned my wife application. Make sure primary applicant select " h" and other as "b".

Hi AOS2013, not sure if anyone has answered you regarding travelling with pending I-485 but when I received my EAD (didn't apply for AP) I got a slip of paper regarding AP saying that AP was necessary for travel with a pending I-485 or else you will forfeit the application. It is not advised to travel on whatever current visa you hold even if you have multiple entries and it is valid. Thought that might clear up any confusion.

Yes, AP is required during a pending I-485 application for those who plan/wish to travel out of the US in order for the application to not be considered abandoned. However, this statement

It is not advised to travel on whatever current visa you hold even if you have multiple entries and it is valid.

is not quite accurate. H-1 and L-1 visas are dual intent visas, therefore holders of such visas do not need AP cards and can travel out of the US with a pending I-485 application without their application being considered abandoned.

Can we apply for SSN after receiving EAD card or we still have to wait until we receive Green Card.

You can apply for SSN following the receipt of EAD card or you can opt to wait till you receive your GC before applying for it. However, if you apply for the SSN with the EAD card, the SSN card you'll receive will have the “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION.” inscription on it. Of course you can go back and apply for a replacement card once you get your GC if that inscription bothers you, or you can wait till after GC to apply and get one outright that does not have the inscription.

"walk-in" bio in ASC in New York City

Hi kikiinny
May I know what time you did your walk-in bio?
Thanks

Hi

I've just done a "walk-in" bio in ASC in New York City. My original appointment is June 5.

Ladies, please learn from my big mistake: I didn't put any make-up on (because I thought it was just a finger-printing), but was taken a picture after the finger-printing, and was told that the picture will be printed on the greencard...:(
I hope there is a way to update the picture after I receive the first card...

FYI,

Our online status went from decision to Card Production today - three days after the interview and welcome letter.

OK, did our interview today (FO: Chatsworth, CA) - here is a brief summary:
- there were a lot of people and we were called in approx. 2 hours after our original appointment time. The officer was very nice and apologized for the long wait.
- he asked us very few questions, since all paperwork was in our files
- he made copies of our IDs and passports
- double checked our electronic file
- he secured a DV # for us and provided us with a welcome letter
- said that the GC will arrive in three weeks, but most likely earlier

In a nutshell: quite a long wait before the interview (expect your appointment time to be an approximate), very nice, courteous, and well versed in DV cases officer, very few questions, and we did not have to prove/provide anything in addition to what was already in our file.

As you can see in my signature and earlier posts, our interview was scheduled one month and 22 days after the AOS packet was received, we have yet to receive our EAD and AP, and we did a bio walk-in almost three weeks before it was originally scheduled.

Our case status now changed for acceptance to decision.

We will now be awaiting the arrival of the mailman everyday :)

Again, thank you for all the help and assistance and we wish you all good luck. If we can be of any assistance, do not hesitate to PM us.

Thanks for the clarification Sm1smom! I didn't know this fact.

Yes, AP is required during a pending I-485 application for those who plan/wish to travel out of the US in order for the application to not be considered abandoned. However, this statement

is not quite accurate. H-1 and L-1 visas are dual intent visas, therefore holders of such visas do not need AP cards and can travel out of the US with a pending I-485 application without their application being considered abandoned.

Urgent question! Has anyone known of any one who has had to reschedule their interview date and what happened? Do they put you back to end of the line so to speak? Would we have to wait weeks or months for another appointment? We realised that my husband wouldn't be back from his work trip til after the date and he doesn't have a flexible flight so we wonder is it worth paying extra to change his ticket or just reschedule the interview date. We are going to the NY FO. Thanks!

Hi everyone, I have 2 quick questions:
Question 1) Can someone tell me how to book infopass appointment?
I tried doing it online But i only found 4 unrelated options: 1) Order from Immigration Court, 2)Case Processing Appointment, 3)EAD inquiry appointment, 4) Case Services follow-up appointment.
Should I do it by phone?
Question 2) To ask about pending application, is it better to make infopass OR phone to L2 officer?

I hope all waiting like me (Current in May) get our interview letters soon!!!