• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Urgent question! Has anyone known of any one who has had to reschedule their interview date and what happened? Do they put you back to end of the line so to speak? Would we have to wait weeks or months for another appointment? We realised that my husband wouldn't be back from his work trip til after the date and he doesn't have a flexible flight so we wonder is it worth paying extra to change his ticket or just reschedule the interview date. We are going to the NY FO. Thanks!

J, just pay the extra even if it costs few hundreds of dollars, this is one time chance and you don`t wanna mess with it.

Rescheduling your interview is not a good idea. Considering the time sensitive nature of DV and the fact that the fiscal year is beginning to wind down, there's no guarantee you will be rescheduled and interviewed by Sept 30th. So I say, perishe the thought, do whatever you can to attend your interview as scheduled.

Urgent question! Has anyone known of any one who has had to reschedule their interview date and what happened? Do they put you back to end of the line so to speak? Would we have to wait weeks or months for another appointment? We realised that my husband wouldn't be back from his work trip til after the date and he doesn't have a flexible flight so we wonder is it worth paying extra to change his ticket or just reschedule the interview date. We are going to the NY FO. Thanks!

We have received AP with our EAD. Talked to USCIS over the phone, and also visited local Field Office. Once you have AP, it's good to go. I will be travelling.

Just think about the people who file I-485 based on Employment. There are some countries that they receive GC in 5-7 yrs. They travel with AP/EAD.

Thanks for the info.

Hi AOS2013, not sure if anyone has answered you regarding travelling with pending I-485 but when I received my EAD (didn't apply for AP) I got a slip of paper regarding AP saying that AP was necessary for travel with a pending I-485 or else you will forfeit the application. It is not advised to travel on whatever current visa you hold even if you have multiple entries and it is valid. Thought that might clear up any confusion.

Just sent the package to Chicago, wish us luck.
2013AS000093**
May 2012: wife selected
May 2013: current for July
June 2013: Medicals done, DV fees paid for 2 and got receipt in 10 days
6/29/13: AOS package sent to Chicago
?? : Delivery
?? :Text and Email
?? :NOA
?? :Bio letter
?? :Interview letter
?? :Approval:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I am a DV2013er, who became current in May. My FO is New York.
As some of us posted here, I am waiting for my interview (biometrics done as seen in my signature.)
Today, I became impatient and called USCIS, because none from NY FO seems to have gotten interview invitations since March (according to the "Spreadsheet".) The automated status check says that my case is still in Missouri(!). I was transferred to speak with a live person, but as expected, the officer I spoke was useless, even doesn't understand that we DVs will get expedite process. I asked to speak with a Tier 2 officer, but was told that all are busy and will call back in 3-5 business days. She suggested to go to FO to check to see if they will recognize the special expedite service for DV, but NY FO is completely full now to accept any INFOPASS appointment. In the light of this situation, would somebody recommend me what to do? Should I just wait until being called (leave my case whosoever the hand in Missouri)? By the way, do you have any idea why my case is in Missouri??? (Is it same route for everybody??) Thank you for your help in advance!!!

UPDATE! UPDATE!
I received the interview letter today!!! Hooray!! As I reported before, when I called up USCIS on 6/25, I couldn't speak with L2 but was told to wait for call back or email back. I think L1 sent a service request right after that, because the letter is dated on 6/27. I recommend anybody who is waiting for an interview scheduling to call up USCIS.

By the way, interestingly, the letter asks me to bring an evidence of financial support. There are 4 options listed: 1) I-134, 2) Evidence of personal financial assets (Bank statements, stocks, bonds, real estate, etc.) 3) Offer of employment, 4) Verification of employment.

Fortunately, I am a full-time employee, so I will ask my company to write the verification letter. I just thought interesting because I don't remember anybody else reporting that he/she is requested to bring such evidence. For your info, I listed my employment history (to show that I have more than 2 years of work experience) in the application, as well as enclosing a copy of high-school diploma.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE! UPDATE!
I received the interview letter today!!! Hooray!! As I reported before, when I called up USCIS on 6/25, I couldn't speak with L2 but was told to wait for call back or email back. I think L1 sent a service request right after that, because the letter is dated on 6/27. I recommend anybody who is waiting for an interview scheduling to call up USCIS.

By the way, interestingly, the letter asks me to bring an evidence of financial support. There are 4 options listed: 1) I-134, 2) Evidence of personal financial assets (Bank statements, stocks, bonds, real estate, etc.) 3) Offer of employment, 4) Verification of employment.

Fortunately, I am a full-time employee, so I will ask my company to write the verification letter. I just thought interesting because I don't remember anybody else reporting that he/she is requested to bring such evidence. For your info, I listed my employment history (to show that I have more than 2 years of work experience) in the application, as well as enclosing a copy of high-school diploma.

Congratulations :) :)

Congrats and Good luck for interview.

UPDATE! UPDATE!

You can apply for SSN following the receipt of EAD card or you can opt to wait till you receive your GC before applying for it. However, if you apply for the SSN with the EAD card, the SSN card you'll receive will have the “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION.” inscription on it. Of course you can go back and apply for a replacement card once you get your GC if that inscription bothers you, or you can wait till after GC to apply and get one outright that does not have the inscription.

Thanks. I think I will wait for a while until GC is approved.

Hi guys. Can someone tell me what kind of documents I need to bring with me for the info pass? I'm planning to do it this week

Guys,

I made a call to USCIS again this morning.
The lady officer told there is no information available on your case as this is process by NBC and she don't have any information whether my file is sent to FO. Somehow she transferred this call to L2 officer, who was very rude and seems not in a mood to talk with me. I asked him where does my case stand and my file is been sent to FO. And again rude answer USCIS do not process this application with your expectations and we cannot do anything, your file is still with NBC as per the information they have , they will decide when should be the interview to be schedule, if not before deadline its your luck.
I told him what he can do expedite the process based on DV lottery, he said you don't have good reason to expedite this process, DV lottery doesn't mean this case is special and should be processed in quick manner. There are other cases also.

I didn't feel like talking to him for another minute as I felt he was rude and racist. I usually don't get involved in how people are, but this person really showed his class.

Can anyone suggest what shall I do now, Because I have INFOPASS appointment at LA field office next week and what would I discuss with them if they don't have my file.
Those who have got their Interview letters are these letters processed by Field office or National Benefit Center.

Emir,
There is info regarding same on USCIS website. But we planning to take all the documents jus to be on the sage side.Did u make an appointment online?
Hi guys. Can someone tell me what kind of documents I need to bring with me for the info pass? I'm planning to do it this week

Guys,

Can anyone suggest what shall I do now, Because I have INFOPASS appointment at LA field office next week and what would I discuss with them if they don't have my file.
Those who have got their Interview letters are these letters processed by Field office or National Benefit Center.
Ahmed,
I had different experiences with different officers. I spoke to one on Thursday, and guy was really nice. He actually called Minneapolis to check if our file is there, and he also made sure if our appointment is scheduled or not in case letter is lost in mail. He asked me to call back on Tuesday to check on the progress. Its all abt the luck, and I would advice you to ask your wife to call them. Sometime a lady on the other side really does the trick.

Emir,
There is info regarding same on USCIS website. But we planning to take all the documents jus to be on the sage side.Did u make an appointment online?[/QUO

Not yet.it seems like there is enough available dates... I will make it this night.thanks for your help

Wish us luck.
2013AS000093**
May 2012: wife selected
May 2013: current for July
June 2013: Medicals done, DV fees paid for 2 and got receipt in 10 days
6/29/13: AOS package sent to Chicago
7/1/13 : Delivery
?? :Text and Email
?? :NOA
?? :Bio letter
?? :Interview letter
?? :Approval

another experience

Ahmed,

My situation is similar, I was current in May, did my bio on May 30th and got an EAD card production message for myself (not my wife)
I believe that my field office is in San Bernadino, CA since I live in San Bernadino county.
My lawyer called USCIS today and was told that my case is pending at the National Benefit Center in MO and only after the interview will be scheduled the file will be transferred to the field office.
At this point there is no estimate on how long it will take and the USCIS office told my lawyer that they are aware that this is a DV case and are aware on the timing.
Unfortunately, at this point I don't think that there is too much to do rather than just wait.
At least we know that there are other DV applicants that became current in May and are waiting for their interview.

Guys,

I made a call to USCIS again this morning.
The lady officer told there is no information available on your case as this is process by NBC and she don't have any information whether my file is sent to FO. Somehow she transferred this call to L2 officer, who was very rude and seems not in a mood to talk with me. I asked him where does my case stand and my file is been sent to FO. And again rude answer USCIS do not process this application with your expectations and we cannot do anything, your file is still with NBC as per the information they have , they will decide when should be the interview to be schedule, if not before deadline its your luck.
I told him what he can do expedite the process based on DV lottery, he said you don't have good reason to expedite this process, DV lottery doesn't mean this case is special and should be processed in quick manner. There are other cases also.

I didn't feel like talking to him for another minute as I felt he was rude and racist. I usually don't get involved in how people are, but this person really showed his class.

Ahmed,

My situation is similar, I was current in May, did my bio on May 30th and got an EAD card production message for myself (not my wife)
I believe that my field office is in San Bernadino, CA since I live in San Bernadino county.
My lawyer called USCIS today and was told that my case is pending at the National Benefit Center in MO and only after the interview will be scheduled the file will be transferred to the field office.
At this point there is no estimate on how long it will take and the USCIS office told my lawyer that they are aware that this is a DV case and are aware on the timing.
Unfortunately, at this point I don't think that there is too much to do rather than just wait.
At least we know that there are other DV applicants that became current in May and are waiting for their interview.

I talked with a level 2 officer today and it didn't Mmhelp at all. I told him that DVs have a deadline and he said I should have submitted my case earlier if I knew that. He said my case will be processed as the others and there is nothing he can do to help me, I just have to wait.he did confirm that my case is still at the national benefit center.
I'm confused And don't know to do

Questions

Just curiosity and sorry if it is stupid question/repeat it thousand times:p. if it is current in July,is that mean I can send Adj status at any day in July before Sept.30,right?

Just curiosity and sorry if it is stupid question/repeat it thousand times:p. if it is current in July,is that mean I can send Adj status at any day in July before Sept.30,right?

Yes! Being current in July means you can send in your I-485 package