• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I just saw several cases from 2011 that sent their packages earlier and it didn't come back..and one case in this year but don't know if he didn't get it back..
I'm doing so because I'm afraid that I won't have enough time to finish the process until 9/30..

einav,
I have sent my application along with the i-131 application in mid-May. Two days later, it got rejected (rejection reason: priority date couldn't be established .. bla bla bla ..) and within one week i received it in my mailbox. All the application documents as well as the cheques and the photos were returned. all the forms and papers were stamped along the right border with time and other numbers ...
The photos and the medicals were inserted into a plastic ziplock bag and stapled to the forms along with the rejection notices and a generic letter to explain the rejection reason (called M-180). All the photos were signed in the back by the agent, and the cheques were stamped (USCIS) in the face.
Last Friday, I have resubmitted our application again and i am hoping that it gets accepted this time. we have travel plans in August and we re afraid we will not be able to make it.
I agree that it s better to wait and file in time, unless you have some reason to file earlier ...

Hello everyone,

I received good news recently - my H1B has been approved, so I can go ahead with AOS in the U.S.

So far I have: Sent DSP 122 and sent the $330 AOS fee to their correct locations.

I just received an emailed receipt of my paid $330 fee....but there is something about the notice I don't understand.

It reads: "In order to complete payment of this fee, Once the USCIS has accepted your case, fill out the receipt form at the bottom of this page, cut it off and mail it along with your cashier's check, or U.S. postal money order....Also you must include a stamped, self-addressed envelope in which this receipt, stamped to confirm your payment, will be returned to you. You should present this receipt to USCIS at the time of your adjustment interview." and then gives me the address where to send it to.

I had two questions on that:

1) Why are they telling me to do something I have already done? The receipt they are talking about has already been filled, and there is a PAID stamp on it. It is included in the very same attachment they are giving me these instructions.

Do they mean I should send them a self-addressed envelope so they can send me the original copy of this receipt? But then why are they asking for a U.S. postal money order again...we already did that, that's paid. Hence why this receipt exists in the first place. What am I missing here?

2) When will I know when it's time for my interview? They will email me/send a letter to my address here in the U.S.? I heard I could also check online, if my case is current or something - anyone know the exact webpage I need to go to?

Thank you so much in advance again!

I am with you, United1. I am curious the interview status of folks who became current in April. In the spread sheet, most of them haven't received interview letters yet. Are they still waiting (if so, we may not receive the letter at least until the end of June), or they just forgot to update the status? :confused:

kikiinny & United1, I was current in April and completed my Bio in May 3rd but yet to receive my interview letter. Lets see how things roll in the month of June.
Thanks

I am with you, United1. I am curious the interview status of folks who became current in April. In the spread sheet, most of them haven't received interview letters yet. Are they still waiting (if so, we may not receive the letter at least until the end of June), or they just forgot to update the status? :confused:

As far as I know, April current date folks have not received interview dates due to pending background checks... I received and completed interview but decision was not made due to incomplete I-131 ( which I believe is due to background check)...it takes 60-90 days...

Response below:

Hello everyone,

I received good news recently - my H1B has been approved, so I can go ahead with AOS in the U.S.

So far I have: Sent DSP 122 and sent the $330 AOS fee to their correct locations. - Quick correction, the $330 fee you paid is not the AOS fee, that's simply the DV administrative paid. You will pay the AOS fee when you send in your I-485 package.

I just received an emailed receipt of my paid $330 fee....but there is something about the notice I don't understand.

It reads: "In order to complete payment of this fee, Once the USCIS has accepted your case, fill out the receipt form at the bottom of this page, cut it off and mail it along with your cashier's check, or U.S. postal money order....Also you must include a stamped, self-addressed envelope in which this receipt, stamped to confirm your payment, will be returned to you. You should present this receipt to USCIS at the time of your adjustment interview." and then gives me the address where to send it to.

I had two questions on that:

1) Why are they telling me to do something I have already done? The receipt they are talking about has already been filled, and there is a PAID stamp on it. It is included in the very same attachment they are giving me these instructions. - Is the receipt you received via email a scanned copy of the one you sent out to DOS with payment, except it also has the word PAID stamped on it? If yes, ignore the email instructions, it's a generic payment email. Keep the receipt safely, you will need a copy of it for your I-485 package.

Do they mean I should send them a self-addressed envelope so they can send me the original copy of this receipt? But then why are they asking for a U.S. postal money order again...we already did that, that's paid. Hence why this receipt exists in the first place. What am I missing here?

2) When will I know when it's time for my interview? -- Are you a DV2013 or DV2014 selectee?

They will email me/send a letter to my address here in the U.S.? - You will receive a letter when your interview has been scheduled at your local FO after you've sent in your I-485 package.

I heard I could also check online, if my case is current or something - anyone know the exact webpage I need to go to? - You will have to check the Visa Bulletin page to know when your case becomes current, then you need to send in your I-485 package

Thank you so much in advance again!

As far as I know, April current date folks have not received interview dates due to pending background checks... I received and completed interview but decision was not made due to incomplete I-131 ( which I believe is due to background check)...it takes 60-90 days...

I had my Bio on 5/17/2013, still waiting for my interview letter.

I had my Bio on 5/17/2013, still waiting for my interview letter.

Had my Bio on 4/29/13. Received Interview letter on 4/29/13. Interview on 5/22/13. No decision due to pending I-131. So guys n gals, please be prepared for 60-90 days from the date you file I-485 to receive interview letter. Don panic. I think USCIS cannot drop the case once it is accepted and after all spending several thousand dollars on this process.

Hey everyone, its me again :) hope ya'll are doing well (What would i do without you guys :p) . So this is the problem, i see everyone has included their high school diploma and transcript. In my case, back home we dont get diploma for high school, they only give us diploma for 3 years program. Our high school program is only 2 years. However, we do have transcripts and provisional certificate (also called character certificate which says i passed with good character and stuff). Do i really need to include diploma? does it matter? What do you guys think?

Anyone? :)

That's because the fiscal year for DV 2014 hasn't started. They have to finish with 2013 first. Information regarding 2014 fiscal will be available from the August VB as the 2014 fiscal year begins in October 2013.

Oh, sorry, yeah, this is for DV 2014, I get them mixed up sometimes.

But yeah, I checked the Visa Bulletin for June for example http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5953.html - but it only talks about DV-2013 applicants for Diversity Immigrant Visas. There is no mention at all for DV-2014...?

What will be the impact of this delay from USCIS for interview and I-485 approval? We all are waiting here anywhere from 60-90 days for AOS, while CP is being done lot quicker. I am concerned with the fact that any country cannot get more than 7% of total DV lottery.

Completed Biometrics at Sioux Falls ASC, just did a walk in :) Appointment was for 6/13, we did it on 5/31. But I don't know if that would speed up the process...:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my Bio on 4/29/13. Received Interview letter on 4/29/13. Interview on 5/22/13. No decision due to pending I-131. So guys n gals, please be prepared for 60-90 days from the date you file I-485 to receive interview letter. Don panic. I think USCIS cannot drop the case once it is accepted and after all spending several thousand dollars on this process.
I just received my interview letter yaaay!!!. Interview is 6/12/2013, wish me luck!