• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

E2 Extension - 2014OC 2XXX

Hi All - Aussie here currently going through an E2 extension (Expires in August 2013) and also going through the AOS - DV Lottery process. 2014OC 2XXX

Does the E2 status have to approved for extension or can it be in a "processing state" when it comes time for my application submission and or interview (if i'm lucky to get that far!!)

I shouldn't have issues with the E2 extension but just want to make sure as I have heard that extensions on E2's can take 2-3 months for processing - not having the right information or more information needed can also set you back another month or 2.

Planning to submit the E2 extension within the next 2 weeks through my immigration lawyer which wont be through consular processing back in Sydney - just buying time with a non travel visa extension through the USCIS.

Feel better reading these forums as I thought mine was complicated and seems like a common theme amongst us!

Hi Hawi,

First of all Congrats and good luck for your upcoming interview.
Quick question, When did you complete your bio ? And which one is your USCIS field office?

Just curious to know as i'm also waiting for my interview letter to come.

Hi I completed my Bio on 5/17/2013 at Oakland. My Interview is scheduled for 6/12/2013 in Santa Clara, which is under the San Jose field office. Good luck to you as well!

I have valid H1B till 2015. I filed both for the same reason.. Now looks like it's delaying the case as the file is bounced around the different dept....

Anyone with April Priority date has interview completed???

My number became current in April, my bio was 5/17/2013 and my interview is scheduled for 6/12/2013. I applied for AP, EAD with my 485 as well, and it did not delay the process. My field office is San Jose, so I don't know if that was a factor. All the best as you wait for the interview letter !

United1,

Interview Officer told me that She could not make decision because of my pending I-131, which sounds ridiculous to me. If she had made decision that day (5/22/13), I would have got GC by this time ,and I would not have needed EAD/AP...

I am on H1B till 2015. I have not contacted an lawyer hoping that my I-131 would be approved in next couple of days. I am going to wait till this Friday. After that I will have to start calling USCIS.....

hmmm, I didn't know they could schedule an interview and send you home without a decision. I am on an H1B as well, and like you, I applied for the I-131. My interview is next week 6/12/2013, I will def post my interview experience to see if they give me my GC.

My number became current in April, my bio was 5/17/2013 and my interview is scheduled for 6/12/2013. I applied for AP, EAD with my 485 as well, and it did not delay the process. My field office is San Jose, so I don't know if that was a factor. All the best as you wait for the interview letter !

Hawi,

Good Luck for interview. I-485/I-131 are approved by NAtional Benefits Center. All applications go to NBC, and after approval it gets transferred to Field Office.

Wish you all the best. If you are married, make sure you take documents that show joint occupancy or acct.

AOS,
I am very positive reading somewhere in the past year forums regarding people getting GCs before there EAD/AP. Did u check with a lawyer if case like urs can be a possibility? I can also see different officers working in different ways. You can also post ur question in avvo.com, if u haven't tried that. But if you are not running out of status in next couple of months than waiting isn't a issue. I hope things work out soon for u. Cheers!!

United1,

I posted my status on Avvo.com. All I am getting is recommendation to hire a lawyer. Not sure what lawyer can do at this stage as they do not have access to my file. And I do not want to create another mess by submitting any other docs to USCIS to grant access to lawyer for my case. I am going to wait for next couple of days before making any move.........

Yea getting a lawyer wont be worth it. You have no issues of status running out or so. I think infopass or phone line will be able to solve your problem. Well, I wish you all the best. Hope u n ur family receive ur card soon :)
United1,

I posted my status on Avvo.com. All I am getting is recommendation to hire a lawyer. Not sure what lawyer can do at this stage as they do not have access to my file. And I do not want to create another mess by submitting any other docs to USCIS to grant access to lawyer for my case. I am going to wait for next couple of days before making any move.........

EAD is useful just while AOS application is pending, after getting GC, EAD is not needed anymore.

Hey everyone, I have 2 Basic Questions:

1) What is the point of applying for EAD when we apply for a Green Card though the DV lottery, AOS? First, even if an officer feels like approving our case, he cant do so until the EAD is approved. So why an EAD? ALso, if the Green Card is approved, Cant we start working just like that anywhere in this country? The EAD wont be useful at that time right?
I might be wrong but can anyone explain when it might be useful at all?
If the green card is rejected, then even if the EAD had been approved, that EAD is not valid anymore.
If the Green card is approved, we dont need that EAD anymore to legally work.

I dont get it!!!

Thanks
Geoffrey.

My I-131/I-765 got approved today. So I am hoping that I-485 will move forward.

My case# is AS000056**. Looks like April Priority date will start seeing approval and will have interview letter at your door. Good Luck Guys n Gals. Have faith....

That's good,
Maybe you could inform the officer so he/she can update your file and give you an approval very soon.

GC CPO after a little rough conversation on the phone

Hi all,

We finally got our GC card production order notification, 1 month after the interview, 3 months after sending the file to Chicago Lockbox.

I am writing in case it may help some of you in solving stuck applications.

People usually get their GC approval and card production orders within days or at most a week of their interview, based on the google spreadsheets of 2013, 2012, this forum, etc. It is unusual waiting 30+ days after interview, statistically speaking.

Our interview was at the beginning of May, IO told us he would approve that afternoon. But for a month nothing happened. After blown off at the customer service with standard replies, I asked if a level 2 customer service exists. Rep said 'yes, you can talked to a uscis rep on the phone'. She transferred me over.

Wait time was above 1 hr, but you can leave your phone number and they can call you back when it is your turn, neat system.They called me back. This officer sounded more knowledgeable than the previous one, she actually told me there is no decision on my case yet and it may take up to five more months. I told her that DV cases are time sensitive and called 'special cases' (that was the term used by IO by the way), unlike family based or employment based I-485 applications and I am certain there is definitely something wrong, probably my file is forgotten under a standard applications pile or smt. Then I asked I want you to take a look at it. She then recommended I should do an infopass at the FO where I could request to talk to the original IO. She also said she can send a message to the FO, and they can respond by mail or email. Due to long driving distance I chose that she send a message to FO.

Lo and behold, less than 2 days after the message sent to FO, our GC status jumped from Accepted to CPO, 1 month after our interview.

In a nutshell only party who can solve your problems are not the phone representatives, or sometimes not even infopass officers. It is the actual uscis officers who interviewed you or work at that level. I think telling them DV cases are special, time sensitive, made them pay attention (with their own IO's admission, DV cases are rare for them). Otherwise only other person who can help you is your congressman or senator with a stuck application.

This is only one data point, be careful with your extrapolations.

As one of the silent followers of this thread, thanks again for all the posters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Current Case Number

Hi, I have a quick question. I'm winner of 2013 my case number is 2013AS00010XXX
(I'm in US as a student)
May's Bulletin is out now and at the end of the bulletin it says AS9800 will be current in July,
so when June's Bulletin is out :
It is going to say AS from 9800 to 10800 is current in August.
Does it mean I can send my I-484 to chicago just by mentioning my number in bulletin?
Or
I should wait and send my package in the first of August?
Thanks for your help

Hi Sm1smom and Mel. I'd like to know of earrings can be worn on biometrics photos

sorry for the late reply :p
But yeah, always listen to the mom~ :)

I've worn this necklace since I was 5 and through all passport pictures, visa, and biometric worn it. They want you to lool 'how you look daily' after all :)

They told me to look happy...really happy, which was odd cause usually I'm told not to smile showing my teeth and all~

Between having done your biometrics to getting your interview letter...how long?

It would help if the spreadsheet was stuck somewhere so I don't have to search all pages for the link : \

sorry for the late reply :p
But yeah, always listen to the mom~ :)

I've worn this necklace since I was 5 and through all passport pictures, visa, and biometric worn it. They want you to lool 'how you look daily' after all :)

They told me to look happy...really happy, which was odd cause usually I'm told not to smile showing my teeth and all~

Thanks for your reply. I've done my biometric this morning and everything went smoothly. They didn't ask me to remove my little earring(just my glasses and it felt weird)