• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Congrats

hello everyone,
As i started getting worried, i made an inforpass for today, called the KCC to aske about my file and checked my online case status.

my file was transfered to the FO from KCC on Augest, 2nd.

my online status changed for the first time. from acceptance to post decition activity. and i end up canceling my infopass for today.

"Post Decision Activity
On August 7, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations."

am i in a good shape or it could be eighter way? :confused:
thank you all.

Congratulation xrj, you made it buddy :)
May I ask what is your nationality. What did you did during this and last week? did you call USCIS? did they call you? today morning USCIS called my wife three time and unfortunately she missed 'em all, I am really really worried ... :( we called the USCIS and they told they can not give any number to call to local USCIS, I have made an infopass for the next Tuesday, I hope something will happen by this week :(

hello everyone,
As i started getting worried, i made an inforpass for today, called the KCC to aske about my file and checked my online case status.

my online status changed for the first time. from acceptance to post decition activity. and i end up canceling my infopass for today.

"Post Decision Activity
On August 7, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations."

thank you all.

Did you get email or sms as notification?

We called KCC and realized that our files have not been requested by USCIS? could it be the reason of the delay?!! KCC told that USCIS should initiate the process. What should we do? Please help and advice...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats xrj!

Rainy, yours will update soon as well. Keep the faith!

hello everyone,

"Post Decision Activity

thank you all.

We called KCC and realized that our files have not been requested by USCIS? could it be the reason of the delay?!! KCC told that USCIS should initiate the process. What should we do? Please help and advice...

Hi rainyman
now I understand why your case have been pending,ofcourse your files should have been transferred from KCC to local FO before officer approves your case. if you have taken phone number of the officer who interviewed you, then you can call her/him and make sure that she requests your file from KCC. if not, then I am afraid you have to wait for the infopass, because you can not contact FO, usually you can't find contact numbers to call...I really hope that KCC transfers your file within thiw week.

Hi kgeorge,
we are all waiting for your interview experience, keep us posted as soon as you will be done with it...
Best

Interview Experience

Hi everyone,

I just got back from interview. Its worth mentioning that my lawyer was present with me for the interview. I was interviewed by one of the senior staff members - my lawyer said that he's been around for a long time.

It was straight forward and to the point. He asked me questions while going through the I-485 like full name, DOB, address, Yes/No questions etc. He made a few notes on my I-485 and asked me to sign confirming the changes/notes. Then he asked me about grad school and a few questions about my job. Towards the end he looked at my I-94 and asked me if I traveled after the date on it - to which I replied no. That was it. He took my I-94 and a copy of my DV payment receipt at the end of the interview. He said he'd look through my file again and make a decision.

Also, the I-134 wasn't asked for. Neither was the HS diploma because I submitted my master's diploma along with the AOS package.

Now starts the waiting game. I'll keep you guys posted!

Good luck to everyone who's interviewing!

Hi rainyman
now I understand why your case have been pending,ofcourse your files should have been transferred from KCC to local FO before officer approves your case. if you have taken phone number of the officer who interviewed you, then you can call her/him and make sure that she requests your file from KCC. if not, then I am afraid you have to wait for the infopass, because you can not contact FO, usually you can't find contact numbers to call...I really hope that KCC transfers your file within thiw week.

Thanks JAPAKAK for your help,
but, how come the officer still has not requested our file? it means that she didn't even know about KCC file? right?
we called the USCIS (800 numbers) and an agent told us that she has to send a letter to her superviser about this transfer, unfortunately the nearest time for us to make an info pass is next Tuesday which is exactly two weeks after our interview...and I have already taken it...hope this waiting will be finished for all of us...

Congratulation

Congratulation :)

Hi everyone,

I just got back from interview. Its worth mentioning that my lawyer was present with me for the interview. I was interviewed by one of the senior staff members - my lawyer said that he's been around for a long time.

It was straight forward and to the point. He asked me questions while going through the I-485 like full name, DOB, address, Yes/No questions etc. He made a few notes on my I-485 and asked me to sign confirming the changes/notes. Then he asked me about grad school and a few questions about my job. Towards the end he looked at my I-94 and asked me if I traveled after the date on it - to which I replied no. That was it. He took my I-94 and a copy of my DV payment receipt at the end of the interview. He said he'd look through my file again and make a decision.

Also, the I-134 wasn't asked for. Neither was the HS diploma because I submitted my master's diploma along with the AOS package.

Now starts the waiting game. I'll keep you guys posted!

Good luck to everyone who's interviewing!

It's worth congratulating for coming so far in the process :) Glad to hear the interview went well.

The officer took your I-94, that's good news. no? I still have my I-94 stapled with my F-1 visa.

Don't congratulate me yet ;)

Not sure if its a good thing but I guess I'll find out one way or another in time.

It's worth congratulating for coming so far in the process :) Glad to hear the interview went well.

The officer took your I-94, that's good news. no? I still have my I-94 stapled with my F-1 visa.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Dear Friends,
We finally got an online update :), so happy and such a relief, we got an email and sms about having an update on our case and when I checked it out, I found that both my wife and I have CPO status. It means it's our. right?
I can't believe it ...

Yesterday we talked with a kind USCIS agent by phone and he told I'll check with your local and you will see the result by mail. Today local USCIS called my wife and unfortunately she missed them all and afternoon our status changed to CPO. :)

Congratulations, rainyman999! What a relief. Guess the waiting was worth it!

mehrdad576: Good luck with the interview tomorrow. Don't think too much. Almost everyone here had a pretty easy interview so far, so yours will be the same. Looking forward to your update!

GC Received

Dear fellow friends,

I received my GC in my mail box today. I am really happy. I should confess that it feels awesome

Congratulations, rainyman999! What a relief. Guess the waiting was worth it!

mehrdad576: Good luck with the interview tomorrow. Don't think too much. Almost everyone here had a pretty easy interview so far, so yours will be the same. Looking forward to your update!

Thanks Oshin, Congratulation to you too ;)