• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Also , in I 485 , Section II i checked the box 'h' and wrote "dv lottery winner . letter attached" is that the correct way ?

Yes you are on the right track.
No offence, but this exact same question has been asked repeatedly in this forum. You really should read the last (at least) 10 pages or so. There are people in the same situation as yours.

Whats up guys no news how many one still waiting for Interview letter i hope every one wait write your Immigration Office location mine is :

SANTA ANA, CA :rolleyes:

I am waiting for my Interview Letter as well. My bio is done on 7/5/2012. FO = Atlanta, GA.
I filed for I-765 along with I-485.

i did my interview today

hello everyone, i just want to update you guys and get your feedback if possible about my interview experance.
first, i was toled that i applied earlier before i was current and i have to resubmit my application to the Chicago mailbox. then after the officer did farther investigation, he realized that becaue i was in the advance noteification at the time of filing, it is okay and i dont need to refile. then i went through the yes/no questions and that was about it. he said that the system couldnt let him log in and he had to change his password etc. i didnt understand anything but it appeared to me that they dont have many DV lottery cases in that FO. i checked my statuse online and it is still in the initial review stage. i wonder if things went okay or if he is still convenced i applied earlier.

Relax your interview was normal. Local filed offices and officers RARELY work on DV AOS because of the small number of DV winners that actually are in USA and go through AOS.

What you didn't say is what was the last thing he told you? Did he mention when you will get your case approved?
DId he mention he have to wait until next month?

From what i know, I see you will get your case approved within the week...Get ready to celebrate your new status this weekend!!!!!:cool:

hello everyone, i just want to update you guys and get your feedback if possible about my interview experance.
first, i was toled that i applied earlier before i was current and i have to resubmit my application to the Chicago mailbox. then after the officer did farther investigation, he realized that becaue i was in the advance noteification at the time of filing, it is okay and i dont need to refile. then i went through the yes/no questions and that was about it. he said that the system couldnt let him log in and he had to change his password etc. i didnt understand anything but it appeared to me that they dont have many DV lottery cases in that FO. i checked my statuse online and it is still in the initial review stage. i wonder if things went okay or if he is still convenced i applied earlier.

Relax your interview was normal. Local filed offices and officers RARELY work on DV AOS because of the small number of DV winners that actually are in USA and go through AOS.

What you didn't say is what was the last thing he told you? Did he mention when you will get your case approved?
DId he mention he have to wait until next month?

From what i know, I see you will get your case approved within the week...Get ready to celebrate your new status this weekend!!!!!:cool:

That's right. I had the similar experience. The interviewer himself mentioned they rarely see DV AOS cases. I am sure your case will be approved shortly.

By the way, I received the welcome notice in mail yesterday and the case status online is 'Card/Doc Production'. Thank God Almighty. I am super excited.

Though I joined late (a couple of weeks ago), I find this forum extremely useful and the members super cool and helpful beyond expectations. Wish I was a forum member much much earlier. I could have avoided lot of head aches for lack of proper information. It was mere luck that nothing went wrong.

Good luck to everyone. And thanks to everyone in this forum.

2012AS00058XXX

07/15 - Selected
07/19 - 122 and 230 Sent to KCC
07/20 - Packaged Arrived at KCC

04/15 - Visa Bulletin (Current in June 2012)
05/15 - Medical Done
05/18 - $330.00 Mailed (DV Fee)
05/22 - Received Medical Report from the Civil Surgeon
05/26 - Received DV Fee Paid Receipt
05/30 - AOS Package Sent To Chicago Lockbox
06/01 - AOS Package Arrived at Chicago Lockbox
06/08 - NOA from USCIS on AOS Package Receipt
07/03 - Biometrics Letter for 7/26/2012
07/03 - Call from USCIS to Schedule Interview on 07/09/2012
07/09 - Interview and Biometrics Done
07/26 - Case Status Online (Acceptance )
07/30 - Received the Welcome Notice in Mail + Case Status Online (Card/Doc Production) :eek:

I just received an email for AOS application. It basically says pay this fee and go to your local USCIS.
I didn't get the receipt back yet.
By the way, why do they keep telling us to go to local USCIS? I thought everybody is doing this via mail? and local USCIS kicked me out last time, telling me to mail my docs.

p.s. the email docs are dated 07/25. So it takes 6 days to send an e-mail? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received an email for AOS application. It basically says pay this fee and go to your local USCIS.
I didn't get the receipt back yet.
By the way, why do they keep telling us to go to local USCIS? I thought everybody is doing this via mail? and local USCIS kicked me out last time, telling me to mail my docs.

Dude
All you have to do right now is wait until october 1st
Then you have to send your i-485 to chicago
Just wait

What!?

Mehrdad,

What are you saying? He is 2012 winner and he has to file his application ASAP. October 1st is when he no longer can apply!!!! ai134, I would suggest you to send you i485 to chicago lockbox immediately and not wait for dv fee receipt. In the case that you application gets rejected, you can file again but be aware that the clock is running.

Dude
All you have to do right now is wait until october 1st
Then you have to send your i-485 to chicago
Just wait

Just though I'd update with a sig like everyone else...

Update just got an email notification from KCC, money order was cashed a few days ago also. Do I proceed straight sending the I-485 to USCIS? Or do I have to wait for physical letter from KCC

2012OCXXXXXXXXXX
07-16-2012 Sent barcode and 122 to KCC
07-17-2012 $330 AOS fee sent to DoS Still waiting on
07-31-2012 Email received from KCC

Last edited by a moderator:
Mehrdad,

What are you saying? He is 2012 winner and he has to file his application ASAP. October 1st is when he no longer can apply!!!! ai134, I would suggest you to send you i485 to chicago lockbox immediately and not wait for dv fee receipt. In the case that you application gets rejected, you can file again but be aware that the clock is running.

Oh im sorry
I didnt know that he is a 2012 winner
You are right

IL Received!!!

Hi Guys,

I finally got my IL today for 8/7!! :) It was dated 7/23, had my old address on it (although I've submitted the change of address online and received the confirmation letter) and a yellow sticker of my current address on the envelope. Thank God it got forwarded, just in time!

The letter reads:
I. Bring with you:
-this letter
-passport, birth cert, I-94
-if not previously submitted, I-693 (which I've already submitted)
-if not previously submitted, 2 photos (which I've already submitted)
-affidavit of support (I-864), and all supporting documents
-followed by some other information related to I-130, which doesn't pertain to my case

At the end of the letter, it says see reverse side for additional instructions. But there is nothing on the reverse side :confused:

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify the I-864 issue. I've read previous discussions on it, the I-864/I-134 issue. But I am still a little confused. I am an F-1 graduate student, receiving stipend and tuition waiver from my university through my graduate assistantship position. Other than that, I am financially supporting myself with income saved from the past 2 years of full-time working. So the question is: What type of affidavit of support form do I need, if I am my own sponsor?

Thanks!

Congrats Oshin!

It looks like your interview will be a day before mine.

From what I can gather from the forums you don't the I-864 is not applicable to DV cases. They ask for the I-134 but its not required if you meet the requirements posted on the USCIS website. If you're getting the I-134 you need request a legal resident in the US preferably a citizen or LPR v/s an immigrant (H1-B) to fill it out for you.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Not sure about whether you can be your own sponsor. That kind of defeats the purpose of an I-134.

I hope this helps.

Hi Guys,

I finally got my IL today for 8/7!! :) It was dated 7/23, had my old address on it (although I've submitted the change of address online and received the confirmation letter) and a yellow sticker of my current address on the envelope. Thank God it got forwarded, just in time!

The letter reads:
I. Bring with you:
-this letter
-passport, birth cert, I-94
-if not previously submitted, I-693 (which I've already submitted)
-if not previously submitted, 2 photos (which I've already submitted)
-affidavit of support (I-864), and all supporting documents
-followed by some other information related to I-130, which doesn't pertain to my case

At the end of the letter, it says see reverse side for additional instructions. But there is nothing on the reverse side :confused:

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify the I-864 issue. I've read previous discussions on it, the I-864/I-134 issue. But I am still a little confused. I am an F-1 graduate student, receiving stipend and tuition waiver from my university through my graduate assistantship position. Other than that, I am financially supporting myself with income saved from the past 2 years of full-time working. So the question is: What type of affidavit of support form do I need, if I am my own sponsor?

Thanks!

ooWhedu electric

I send the I-485 to the IL USCIS for AOS correct? Do I need to send anything with it apart from the $985 and $85 money orders? No photos or anything like that? The form has barely anything on it.

Just though I'd update with a sig like everyone else...

Update just got an email notification from KCC, money order was cashed a few days ago also. Do I proceed straight sending the I-485 to USCIS? Or do I have to wait for physical letter from KCC

2012OCXXXXXXXXXX
07-16-2012 Sent barcode and 122 to KCC
07-17-2012 $330 AOS fee sent to DoS Still waiting on
07-31-2012 Email received from KCC

What is the minimum income requirement for not having to fill in the I-134?
All I see is the I-864p, which provides the minimum income requirement for I-864.

I hope I don't need to have a sponsor!

Congrats Oshin!

It looks like your interview will be a day before mine.

From what I can gather from the forums you don't the I-864 is not applicable to DV cases. They ask for the I-134 but its not required if you meet the requirements posted on the USCIS website. If you're getting the I-134 you need request a legal resident in the US preferably a citizen or LPR v/s an immigrant (H1-B) to fill it out for you.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Not sure about whether you can be your own sponsor. That kind of defeats the purpose of an I-134.

I hope this helps.

Hi rainyman,
If I am not mistaken you should have had your Interview today or was it yesterday?
How was it?Can you please share your interview experience with us?
thanks

I send the I-485 to the IL USCIS for AOS correct? Do I need to send anything with it apart from the $985 and $85 money orders? No photos or anything like that? The form has barely anything on it.

jakeisstoked

You can actually send a single MO for $1070.00 ($985.00 + $85.00). No need for separate MOs.

I believe photos are required. I sent two.

Hope things move faster for you.

2012AS00058XXX

07/15 - Selected
07/19 - 122 and 230 Sent to KCC
07/20 - Packaged Arrived at KCC

04/15 - Visa Bulletin (Current in June 2012)
05/15 - Medical Done
05/18 - $330.00 Mailed (DV Fee)
05/22 - Received Medical Report from the Civil Surgeon
05/26 - Received DV Fee Paid Receipt
05/30 - AOS Package Sent To Chicago Lockbox
06/01 - AOS Package Arrived at Chicago Lockbox
06/08 - NOA from USCIS on AOS Package Receipt
07/03 - Biometrics Letter for 7/26/2012
07/03 - Call from USCIS to Schedule Interview on 07/09/2012
07/09 - Interview and Biometrics Done
07/26 - Case Status Online (Acceptance )
07/30 - Received the Welcome Notice in Mail + Case Status Online (Card/Doc Production) :)

certified translations of documents

Hi guys,
I have a question regarding the translation of a high school diploma...
How many of you have translated non-english documents on their own?
as far as I understood, it is written on USCIS website that we can translate the documents by ourselves without notarizing it...is that correct?
do you all have notarized translations?
help is needed...
thanks

Check the forums for a post by NuvF, he/she posted a link to the requirements. It should be in the last 10 pages of this thread.

I think you might need a sponsor if you're going to fill out the I-134. But then again, if you meet the requirements they will most likely not request this from you.

What is the minimum income requirement for not having to fill in the I-134?
All I see is the I-864p, which provides the minimum income requirement for I-864.

I hope I don't need to have a sponsor!