• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Congrats

Congrats hopeful2012. Looks like we are going to hear more good news pretty soon.

Hi all

Finally my online case status sees some update. :). Thank God Almighty. The new online status is 'Decision' and details as below. Does this mean I am approved and may expect my GC any time from now? If it is approved, I am lil confused at the 'approved/denied' portion of it (red bold below). If it is approved, why do they mention 'approved/denied'? :(

"We mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision."

2012AS00058XXX

07/15 - Selected
07/19 - 122 and 230 Sent to KCC
07/20 - Packaged Arrived at KCC

04/15 - Visa Bulletin (Current in June 2012)
05/15 - Medical Done
05/18 - $330.00 Sent to KCC (DV Fee)
05/22 - Received Medical Report from the Civil Surgeon
05/26 - Received Fee Receipt from KCC
05/30 - AOS Package Sent To Chicago Lockbox
06/01 - AOS Package Arrived at Chicago Lockbox
06/08 - NOA from USCIS on AOS Package Receipt
07/03 - Biometrics Letter for 7/26/2012
07/03 - Call from USCIS to Schedule Interview on 07/09/2012
07/09 - Interview and Biometrics Done
07/26 - Case Status Online (Decision) :)

Application Type

Hi,

I have a question about the Application type on the form I-485. For dv program AOS, should I select a:an immigration petition. Or should I select h: and write “Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached”. which one is correct?

I also have a second question, does it hurt to include the travel authorization request form I-131 as well in the package when we are doing AOS? Can this delay the overall process?

thank you

Congratulations

Hi all

Finally my online case status sees some update. :). Thank God Almighty. The new online status is 'Decision' and details as below. Does this mean I am approved and may expect my GC any time from now? If it is approved, I am lil confused at the 'approved/denied' portion of it (red bold below). If it is approved, why do they mention 'approved/denied'? :(

"We mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision."

2012AS00058XXX

07/15 - Selected

05/15 - Medical Done

Hi Five ;)

Congratulations!

Hi all

2012AS00058XXX

07/15 - Selected

05/15 - Medical Done

1) Select H and type down Diversity Visa and your case number

2) You really shouldnt travel after you send your I-485 application. It clearly states that while your I-485 is pending then if you travel you will be considered abodning the application and your case will be rejected. Try to avoid traveling from the time you send your I-485 until you get your GC. Its only a matter of 2-3 months for DV cases.

Hi,

I have a question about the Application type on the form I-485. For dv program AOS, should I select a:an immigration petition. Or should I select h: and write “Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached”. which one is correct?

I also have a second question, does it hurt to include the travel authorization request form I-131 as well in the package when we are doing AOS? Can this delay the overall process?

thank you

I-134

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the I-134. In addition to filing out the form, what other supporting documentation should the sponsor provide?

1) Letter of employment - indicating job title, organization, start date, salary
2) Bank letter

Should that be good enough or is anything else required?

Thanks!

Hi Five ;)

Congratulations!

Thank you all!

2012AS00058XXX

07/15 - Selected
07/19 - DSP122 and DS230 Sent to KCC

05/15 - Medical Done
05/18 - $330.00 Sent (DV Fee)
05/26 - Received DV Fee Receipt
07/09 - Interview and Walk-in Biometrics Done

Congratulations

Congrats hopeful. You now have a chance to breathe and take it all in.

And to the rest of us still waiting, lets wait patiently! Our turn will come!

Thank you all!

2012AS00058XXX

07/15 - Selected
07/19 - DSP122 and DS230 Sent to KCC

05/15 - Medical Done
05/18 - $330.00 Sent (DV Fee)
05/26 - Received DV Fee Receipt
07/09 - Interview and Walk-in Biometrics Done

Update

Whats up guys no news how many one still waiting for Interview letter i hope every one wait write your Immigration Office location mine is :

SANTA ANA, CA :rolleyes:

Why your i485 was rejected 3 times?

First time Early filling
Second time Winning Letter with wrong date 5/1/2011 instead of 07/15/2011
Third time I remove the winning letter with the wrong date 5/1/2011 and put the correct one but i forgot to remove the one on my wife application with the wrong date :(

buy the way after they release the 2013 DV result all the dates changed to 5/1/2011 so i print the most update one when i submit my application so its there mistake but i have to handle it

First time Early filling
Second time Winning Letter with wrong date 5/1/2011 instead of 07/15/2011
Third time I remove the winning letter with the wrong date 5/1/2011 and put the correct one but i forgot to remove the one on my wife application with the wrong date :(

buy the way after they release the 2013 DV result all the dates changed to 5/1/2011 so i print the most update one when i submit my application so its there mistake but i have to handle it

Could you please explain a little more about the second rejection's reason... it's not clear. What was the problem with this date (5/1/2011) versus 7/15/2011 if you were a winner anyway.

Thanks!

Pryanik.

Could you please explain a little more about the second rejection's reason... it's not clear. What was the problem with this date (5/1/2011) versus 7/15/2011 if you were a winner anyway.

Thanks!

Pryanik.

I can understand from your question you are not DV2012 Winner because in DV 2012 there was two draw one was in 5/1/2011 and after 13 days they cancel the result because of computer error and then they redraw again in 7/15/2011 so I am a winner in the second draw 7/15/2011 so I have to submit my application with winning letter date 7/15/2011 otherwise the other draw result 5/1/2011 already canceled

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand from your question you are not DV2012 Winner because in DV 2012 there was two draw one was in 5/1/2011 and after 13 days they cancel the result because of computer error and then they redraw again in 7/15/2011 so I am a winner in the second draw 7/15/2011 so I have to submit my application with winning letter date 7/15/2011 otherwise the draw result already canceled

Ohhh!!! I see now, I was aware of this fact but didn't related it to your case. Thanks a lot for the explanation!

Pryanik.

Hidden Winner 2012

got the reminder email from KCC in July 13 and checked the status and found out as winner. I am so panicked because there is only two months left. I sent out the documents to KCC for the AOS since I am already in USA in OPT for One year.

Few things that I need to know:
1) In a rush I sent out the I 485 for the adjustment of status to USCIS including every required documents except the receipt of the payment from DOS which i dont have yet coz i was waiting for the reply form Kentucky Consular Office. So now, what would USCIS do wtih my application in this case. Will they reject my application or ask to send the receipt as soon as possible.?
2) I didnt know that we can send the payment $ 330 for dv lottery to DOS and was waiting for the response from Kentucky. However, I just came to know that we can send out the payment to make the process fast so i just sent the payment today.

So major concern here is what would USCIS do in this case and I am also thinking of going for the consular process which would be more faster so what do i do now to go for that process?

Interview Letter

No, we are still waiting to hear from them. this waiting time is so stressful.

Whats up guys no news how many one still waiting for Interview letter i hope every one wait write your Immigration Office location mine is :

SANTA ANA, CA :rolleyes:

How long does it take to get the receipt of payment for $ 330 from DOS? Also are they gonna send the visa number and receipt together?

If you sent your I-485 without your DOS receipt then it depends about the person who will first check the package either:

1) they don't pay attention or don't care for the receipt at this point then they will accept it and start processing your I-485. In this case have it ready with you for the interview.

OR: 2) they will send it back asking for the receipt.

Dude if you sent your I-485 then you are applying for AOS in USA and at this point you cannot go for consular processing in your country because your file is with USCIS NOT in your overseas embassy!!!!!

My advice to you is stick to your application as AOS....you already sent it..you dont need to create confusion about your case especially when there is no time left.

IF your I-485 application gets accepted make sure you call USCIS once you get your I797 with your application number and ask them to expedite your case because its DV.

got the reminder email from KCC in July 13 and checked the status and found out as winner. I am so panicked because there is only two months left. I sent out the documents to KCC for the AOS since I am already in USA in OPT for One year.

Few things that I need to know:
1) In a rush I sent out the I 485 for the adjustment of status to USCIS including every required documents except the receipt of the payment from DOS which i dont have yet coz i was waiting for the reply form Kentucky Consular Office. So now, what would USCIS do wtih my application in this case. Will they reject my application or ask to send the receipt as soon as possible.?
2) I didnt know that we can send the payment $ 330 for dv lottery to DOS and was waiting for the response from Kentucky. However, I just came to know that we can send out the payment to make the process fast so i just sent the payment today.

So major concern here is what would USCIS do in this case and I am also thinking of going for the consular process which would be more faster so what do i do now to go for that process?

The DOS recipet take about 2-4 weeks. They will only send you the retuen portion of your payment form stamped.
They dontot send you visa numbers or anything else.

How long does it take to get the receipt of payment for $ 330 from DOS? Also are they gonna send the visa number and receipt together?

The DOS recipet take about 2-4 weeks. They will only send you the retuen portion of your payment form stamped.
They dontot send you visa numbers or anything else.

I m hoping that it will be done in two months ... the reason i m thinking of going for CP is i heard we can cancel or terminate the AOS process and go for the CP process but even that will be too late now I guess.

Also , in I 485 , Section II i checked the box 'h' and wrote "dv lottery winner . letter attached" is that the correct way ?