• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Definitely do a walkin. You have nothing to lose....

I think sep 30 is the decision date.... Your card might arrive after sep 30.
Guys am I right?

Definitely do a walkin. You have nothing to lose....

I think Sept 30th is the decision date.... Your card might arrive after sep 30.
Guys am I right?

Sept 30th is the deadline that a decision on the case have to be made and the visa should be requested from the Department of State. After Sept 30th 2012 all DV2012 visas will expire and no longer will be available.

The interview and decision should be done before Sep 30th deadline. Meanwhile the actual card itself can come much later than sep 30th and you will be fine.

c

Hi guys
I called KCC today and was told that my case was not requested by FO yet. also I called USCIS customer service and asked whether my file was transferred to FO, but it was no use, customer representative did not know whether it was or not..
I have a question. an Infopass is scheduled at the FO, but biometrics is done in ASC. are these two different things?can I ask about my case to people at ASC?
BEST

Employees at the ASC don't know anything about your case because they don't have your file and application and it is NOT their job to know anything more than getting your Biometrics. If you really need information regarding your case schedule an infopass at the field office which have your case.

Hi everyone,
I need some guidance. My case number is 2013EU00014XXX which will be current in December I guess. Now I am on a F-1 visa which will expire on Dec 15th. Do you think AOS makes sense in my situation? Is there anyway I could make it work?

USCIS follow guides and regulations, therefore you have to be in status until a decision is made on your case. Talk to your college immigration adviser to see which is the best option to be in status until your case is decided upon.

As far as i know you have 2 options:
1) Apply for OPT and have it approved
2) Enroll in your same college or even a community college ( it doesn't matter if you graduated with a bachelor or masters, you can enroll full-time in a community college just to stay in status)

BEST advise is go to your college immigration advisor and talk to him about these options and others that he might have.

Sept 30th is the deadline that a decision on the case have to be made and the visa should be requested from the Department of State. After Sept 30th 2012 all DV2012 visas will expire and no longer will be available.

The interview and decision should be done before Sep 30th deadline. Meanwhile the actual card itself can come much later than sep 30th and you will be fine.

as44xxx, congratulations on your GC! I was following you last year because my case number is about the same as yours and I was wondering what happened to you since your last post was before your interview.

In your experience, did your FO interviewer know about the Sept 30 deadline?
Did you have to remind him/her about the deadline during the interview and did you do any follow up afterwards?

I did walk-in bio yesterday. I went in 30 minutes before they close. The center was empty I was the only applicant there.
The guy at the entrance did not ask why I am here before the appointment date, etc.
T

The right way to do it ;).

I found that doing it that way didn't really speed up the process. I actually got my IL around the time that my lawyer expected me to get it. Of course, I live in Florida so the USCIS offices here are extremely busy.

Tomorrow is the big day! I have my interview in the morning. Wish me luck please! I'll let you guys know about my experience afterwards. Take care.

-SA

as44xxx, congratulations on your GC! I was following you last year because my case number is about the same as yours and I was wondering what happened to you since your last post was before your interview.

In your experience, did your FO interviewer know about the Sept 30 deadline?
Did you have to remind him/her about the deadline during the interview and did you do any follow up afterwards?

The officer who handled my case knew about the September 30th deadline.

My interview was Sept 20th, which was 10 days away from the deadline of the 30th, i kind of raised my concern to the officer if my case will have enough time to be processed before the deadline. This way I hit two birds with 1 stone. The first is making sure the officer is aware of the deadline without actually questioning him about his expertise in his job. The second was for me to feel a little less worried about this whole thing and i am sure you all know how much DV application is stressful and lengthy. And in my case I had to go through it all the way from getting my selection letter in May2010 up till the deadline of Sept 30, 2011 and even after till i got my green card.

After my interview I kept following up. Since my case was in the neck of time i was able to get the officer to give me her direct phone number to check on things and days later she informed me that my case was approved. Also I scheduled an info-pass on the 30th and made sure I didn't leave until i Got my passport stamped.

My advise to everyone is be very prepared and do your homework. Whether you get a lawyer or seek advise from your immigration adviser at college or company. Also you might seek help from those nonprofit organizations that offer immigration help.

Document everything and have copies in case you need them or lose anything.

DONOT assume anything always ask at least 3 times from 3 different (Reliable) sources and compare your findings.
USCIS does not recognize some findings on a website or information from friends as a reliable source. DONOT risk it... your future is on the line!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Biometrics & KCC Receipt

Hi guys,

I looked up my case status on the USCIS website and it says the following -

"On June 21, 2012, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283"

I received the NOA on June 25, 2012 and so far no word on the Biometrics appointment. I know I'm probably stressing out but who should I reach out to if I don't hear back regarding this in the coming 2 weeks? Also, is there anyone here who's going through the San Jose FO.

My other question was regarding the KCC fee. The $330 amount was cashed on 6/13 but I still haven't received a receipt for this. Is the receipt required for the interview?

Thanks a bunch guys!

Good luck to all of us that are still waiting.

Biometric

Hi guys,

I received the NOA on June 25, 2012 and so far no word on the Biometrics appointment. I know I'm probably stressing out but who should I reach out to if I don't hear back regarding this in the coming 2 weeks? Also, is there anyone here who's going through the San Jose FO.

My other question was regarding the KCC fee. The $330 amount was cashed on 6/13 but I still haven't received a receipt for this. Is the receipt required for the interview?

Good luck to all of us that are still waiting.

For biometric appointment call USCIS and ask them if they have sent your AOS file to your FO. If yes you can follow up with your local office by doing an infopass. Regarding KCC receipt I guess within few days you will receive it but you can call KCC directly and ask from "Yes Sir" Lady! about it.

The right way to do it ;).

I found that doing it that way didn't really speed up the process. I actually got my IL around the time that my lawyer expected me to get it. Of course, I live in Florida so the USCIS offices here are extremely busy.

Tomorrow is the big day! I have my interview in the morning. Wish me luck please! I'll let you guys know about my experience afterwards. Take care.

-SA

Good Luck

Biometrics & KCC Receipt

For biometric appointment call USCIS and ask them if they have sent your AOS file to your FO. If yes you can follow up with your local office by doing an infopass. Regarding KCC receipt I guess within few days you will receive it but you can call KCC directly and ask from "Yes Sir" Lady! about it.

Thanks joe100.

Is it usual for the Bio appt notice to arrive after 2 weeks? It looks like most of the people here got theirs within a week of the NOA. I'm trying to figure out if I should wait for some more time before giving USCIS a call.

I'll give KCC a call if I don't receive the receipt by the end of this week.

Noob question - how do you know which FO your application gets routed through?

Thanks again :)

Hi guys
after reading recent posts I understood that once biometric letter has arrived that means that AOS application has been transferred from USCIS to FO. is that correct?
I am not sure,because last week when I called USCIS, they were not very helpful. the guy on the phone even did not know whether my application was transferred or not...
Another question that I want to ask is, does anyone know the FBI number to call to check if I have passed fingerprint and name check.how many business days should I wait after biometrics to call FBI?
BEST

Card Production Ordered!

Hello Guys! I just had my interview Monday morning at the Orlando Field Office and my Card was ordered into production!

Thank you so much for your support and kind words throughout this journey! I barely slept 3 hours last night since I was so nervous. I kept going over my paper work and making sure everything was in order.

I arrived at the USCIS office at 9:30 am. 15 minutes before my interview, but I wasn't called in till 10am. My attorney was with me the whole time. The interview was a little awkward at first, since the adjudication officer had a very thick accent. so I had to concentrate carefully in listening to her questions. She obviously hadn't even glanced at my file before that day so she spent 25 minutes double-checking addresses, dates, diplomas, each page of my 3 passports, etc. She barely glanced at the medical report or the receipts for the DV Visa fee. She took my OPT I-20 and my I-94 and stapled them to the file. She gathered everything and said in a very summarizing manner: "We'll put the information into the system and send you a decision by mail". I couldn't believe my ears. I had readied myself for a decision right then and there. My attorney proceeded to speak up and mentioned that I had until September 30th to get my case approved in order to qualify for a Green Card.

The officer said: "Oh, right!" and then asked me all the national security questions: Have you ever been arrested?/ Were you ever a member of the communist party?/ etc. All of the answers were no of course :). She made sure that my phone number and signature were correct and mentioned the same thing about mailing the decision. We got up and left.

We left a little disappointed since we were expecting an answer on the spot. My attorney reassured me that this office doesn't handle to many DV cases anyway so the officer would most likely use the adjudicator's manual to evaluate the case and give me a decision. We left the office at around 11:00 am.

Can you imagine how I felt when at 5:30pm I received an email from USCIS mentioning that my card was ordered into production?. I double checked with my case status online and it was the same. They did not even mention approving the case, they just went ahead and ordered the Green Card to be made right away! My attorney double checked with the office and my case was approved. I am a permanent resident of the U.S. :). Or as I'll say from now on: 1825 days till I can become a U.S. Citizen, but who is counting? :)

I am so happy and look forward to make the best of this opportunity I was given. I am so thankful for all of your guidance along the way. This forum has been really "therapeutic" for me since it reminded me that I am not alone in this journey.

I will let you guys know when I get the physical card and how easy it is to go about updating the new info with the SSA/DMV/SEVIS/etc. I wish you all the best! Take Care!

-Strictly_Analog

Congrats! :)

Hopefully the rest of us make it across the finish line as well :)

Hello Guys! I just had my interview Monday morning at the Orlando Field Office and my Card was ordered into production!

Thank you so much for your support and kind words throughout this journey! I barely slept 3 hours last night since I was so nervous. I kept going over my paper work and making sure everything was in order.

I arrived at the USCIS office at 9:30 am. 15 minutes before my interview, but I wasn't called in till 10am. My attorney was with me the whole time. The interview was a little awkward at first, since the adjudication officer had a very thick accent. so I had to concentrate carefully in listening to her questions. She obviously hadn't even glanced at my file before that day so she spent 25 minutes double-checking addresses, dates, diplomas, each page of my 3 passports, etc. She barely glanced at the medical report or the receipts for the DV Visa fee. She took my OPT I-20 and my I-94 and stapled them to the file. She gathered everything and said in a very summarizing manner: "We'll put the information into the system and send you a decision by mail". I couldn't believe my ears. I had readied myself for a decision right then and there. My attorney proceeded to speak up and mentioned that I had until September 30th to get my case approved in order to qualify for a Green Card.

The officer said: "Oh, right!" and then asked me all the national security questions: Have you ever been arrested?/ Were you ever a member of the communist party?/ etc. All of the answers were no of course :). She made sure that my phone number and signature were correct and mentioned the same thing about mailing the decision. We got up and left.

We left a little disappointed since we were expecting an answer on the spot. My attorney reassured me that this office doesn't handle to many DV cases anyway so the officer would most likely use the adjudicator's manual to evaluate the case and give me a decision. We left the office at around 11:00 am.

Can you imagine how I felt when at 5:30pm I received an email from USCIS mentioning that my card was ordered into production?. I double checked with my case status online and it was the same. They did not even mention approving the case, they just went ahead and ordered the Green Card to be made right away! My attorney double checked with the office and my case was approved. I am a permanent resident of the U.S. :). Or as I'll say from now on: 1825 days till I can become a U.S. Citizen, but who is counting? :)

I am so happy and look forward to make the best of this opportunity I was given. I am so thankful for all of your guidance along the way. This forum has been really "therapeutic" for me since it reminded me that I am not alone in this journey.

I will let you guys know when I get the physical card and how easy it is to go about updating the new info with the SSA/DMV/SEVIS/etc. I wish you all the best! Take Care!

-Strictly_Analog

congratulations

-Strictly_Analog

glad to hear that

Congratulations Strictly_Analog

-Strictly_Analog

Congratulations, Strictly_Analog!

-Strictly_Analog

Congratulations Strictly and welcome to being a LPR :)

-Strictly_Analog