• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

I dont think my kcc file was requested. I did maybe 5 infopass and everytime when i asked about kcc, officer asked what is kcc file... They even asked what kcc stands for...
I m not sure if our kcc file is really that significant.....

Anyways....

I m sure you ll get yours approved pretty sooon!

QUOTE=joe100;2579612]Glad to hear that you are getting to the end of the journey successfully.
My case is also like yours in that I have to wait another one month after my interview. At the end of our interview the officer told us he needs to take a look at our back ground files and it would take another 30 days !!! I asked him if my KCC file has been received and he was like "What is KCC file" !?

I guess I am the first DV case in the history of this small FO. I called KCC and was told that my KCC file has not been requested yet and I have to make an infopass. However during infopass the officers are really unwilling to give any information regarding my case, just saying that the average possessing time in this FO is 4 months, go and wait. This is just getting embarrassing !![/QUOTE]

Interview Letter

Hi everybody,
We are still waiting for the interview letter, does everybody know how long does it take to receive IL? Also do you know if background ckech affects this step or not?

Interview

Hi everybody,
We are still waiting for the interview letter, does everybody know how long does it take to receive IL? Also do you know if background ckech affects this step or not?

Normally they say 4 months but it depends on your field office and how busy it is. For my case it took 3 months from the acceptance to the interview.

I don't think the background check time affects this step because there are people who showed up for the interview with a pending background.

Normally they say 4 months but it depends on your field office and how busy it is. For my case it took 3 months from the acceptance to the interview.

I don't think the background check time affects this step because there are people who showed up for the interview with a pending background.

I'm waiting for my interview letter as well. Hope it doesn't take too long! aosF1, where is your FO if you don't mind me asking?

Also waiting for interview letter...FO delays?

I'm waiting for my interview letter as well. Hope it doesn't take too long! aosF1, where is your FO if you don't mind me asking?

I'm also waiting for my interview letter too. Pray that it comes soon.

Waiting for my IL letter...my FO (Los Angeles) is unfortunately large

Hey everyone,

Although I'm a newbie on the site, I've been tracking the forum for a really long time. Your advice has been super helpful from sending stuff to KCC all the way to sending my I-485.

Anyway I'm at the point where I'm waiting for my interview letter. From the time I filed my I-485, things took off very fast. I've had my bio but then I haven't heard anything from USCIS since then. My local FO is in Los Angeles. Anyone on here share the same FO? I've been a little nervous because now its been a month since I've heard or done anything as far is my application is concerned. I know some people on here who sent stuff round about the same time as me, and are much further on than I was. I know that Los Angeles processes a lot of applications. Is the delay simply because of the magnitude of applications? Can any Angelenos relate? I was debating doing an INFOPASS to find out if the delay is something I can do something about.

I would really appreciate your input guys.....thanks

PS: How do you change your signature on this forum? I'm copy n pasting mine manually but is there a way to save it here automatically?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

7/15/11: DV AF72XXX (F-1 student, Los Angeles)
8/02/11: Sent DSP-122, and 2 Photos
2/07/12: Sent $440 to KCC
2/21/12: Received KCC participation receipt
Current in June
4/21/12: Medical done
5/08/12: Sent I-485 to Chicago (Certified 1st class mail)
5/11/12: I-485 delivered
5/16/12: Email + Text receipt
5/23/12: NOA
5/24/12: Bio letter received for 6/4
6/04/12: Bio done

signature

theaos,

How come your signature is empty? Through these signatures, others can see your progress and have some clue about the entire process as I took advantage of AOS2011 signatures very much. Please help as we were helped.

Anyway, I am also waiting to receive interview letter. My guess is that we should expect interview letter after FBI name check is completed though not the case for everybody. Last year, there was a member who completed the entire process in a month (NOA to welcome letter in 21 days in Sep.)
I'm also waiting for my interview letter too. Pray that it comes soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like many of us are just waiting for the interview. Good work for coming so far in the process! Hope all of us waiting will hear good news soon:) I am actually moving tomorrow, so I am going to do my address change on USCIS. I hope the change doesn't delay the mailing process!

PS: How do you change your signature on this forum? I'm copy n pasting mine manually but is there a way to save it here automatically?

theaos,
Go to
http://forums.immigration.com/profile.php?do=editsignature
and you should be able to edit your signature.

I did walk-in bio yesterday. I went in 30 minutes before they close. The center was empty I was the only applicant there.
The guy at the entrance did not ask why I am here before the appointment date, etc.
The staff at the fingerprinting/photoshooting stations was very, very rude because she didn't like the fact that "people are allowed to come in just before we close". O well. Anyways it was successful.

Hi everyone,
I need some guidance. My case number is 2013EU00014XXX which will be current in December I guess. Now I am on a F-1 visa which will expire on Dec 15th. Do you think AOS makes sense in my situation? Is there anyway I could make it work?

ASC - a FO?

Hi guys
I called KCC today and was told that my case was not requested by FO yet. also I called USCIS customer service and asked whether my file was transferred to FO, but it was no use, customer representative did not know whether it was or not..
I have a question. an Infopass is scheduled at the FO, but biometrics is done in ASC. are these two different things?can I ask about my case to people at ASC?
BEST

Hi everyone,
I need some guidance. My case number is 2013EU00014XXX which will be current in December I guess. Now I am on a F-1 visa which will expire on Dec 15th. Do you think AOS makes sense in my situation? Is there anyway I could make it work?
You should just renew/extend your I 20
And register for classes in spring 13 just to be on the safe side. Visa doesn't matter as long as you have a valid I 20 unless you need to travel.

You should just renew/extend your I 20
And register for classes in spring 13 just to be on the safe side. Visa doesn't matter as long as you have a valid I 20 unless you need to travel.

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I will graduate this fall, that's why I won't be able to extend my I-20. It looks like the only solution is gettin an OPT, right?

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I will graduate this fall, that's why I won't be able to extend my I-20. It looks like the only solution is gettin an OPT, right?

Clapeyron,
Yes OPT is the best option. This still involves your I-20 as the international advisor will put the info on page two of the I-20. As you make decision keep in mind that new Opt rules require you to get a job within a specified time period. International advisor can advise on this as this is a new change instituted by uscis.

Also apply two to three months before your graduation date with a start date of dec 15. This is because processing time can be 2-3 months.

I reiterate prior post the f-1 visa stamp allows you entry into the country. To complete AOS you must be in status.

Il

I hope all of us will get our IL very soon :) although it's not clear how long it's gonna take ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sept 30 Deadline Approaching

Hey Guys,

I am a little worried about the Sept 30 deadline. I just got bio letter for July 20. My questions are:
- Should I do bio walk-in asap? How long to get the result and is the result required to get interview letter?
- Is Sept 30 deadline for the interview date or we really have to get the card by Sept 30?

Thanks,
BJ