• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

The letter you got seems standard.
Try and do walkin bio ASAP...at least save you 10 days...

I finally got my bio letter for Aug 31.
On the letter it says,
(To process your application, the U. S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) must capture your biometrics.
PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED.
IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.)

Does it standard for every letter?
Does anyone done walk in bio in Houston Northwest ASC?

Thanks

Where is everyone!!!

Yoni
contented
chance1
twlim1
changeadd
rayoubi
freedom
feed34

whats happening with your cases???

Sorry I was busy with my final semester exams!! I'm back! hah! Just got my biometrics done today (as scheduled, it was delivered a week ago)..... Will be calling KCC tomorrow to see if my file is requested or not. the problem is i'm worried its going to take really long for my file to be transferred because it is in Malaysia at the moment, was sent there for my consular processing! I wrote to them, but they replied by saying that even though they wish they can help expedite the case, they have to wait for USCIS to request for it directly from them in writing.

double, no triple delay. USCIS is going to have to ask KCC and when KCC notifies them about the CP, then only it will be requested from Msia, and the mailing, god knows how long. keeping my fingers crossed and praying for the best. if i dont hear anything by august31st, i'm doing an infopass... unless any of you can suggest somethings for me to do... :S

Sorry I was busy with my final semester exams!! I'm back! hah! Just got my biometrics done today (as scheduled, it was delivered a week ago)..... Will be calling KCC tomorrow to see if my file is requested or not. the problem is i'm worried its going to take really long for my file to be transferred because it is in Malaysia at the moment, was sent there for my consular processing! I wrote to them, but they replied by saying that even though they wish they can help expedite the case, they have to wait for USCIS to request for it directly from them in writing.

double, no triple delay. USCIS is going to have to ask KCC and when KCC notifies them about the CP, then only it will be requested from Msia, and the mailing, god knows how long. keeping my fingers crossed and praying for the best. if i dont hear anything by august31st, i'm doing an infopass... unless any of you can suggest somethings for me to do... :S

Contented, may I ask you why did you decide to switch from CP to AOS? I think it is faster to go for CP and in your case it is also easier since your file is already at the consulate.

Are they asking you for sponsored letter or are you just being prepared?
hi, guys!I am in trouble, bc i can't find anybody who could sign me affidavit of support...I will be able to get job letter, but i don't have w-2forms or tax returns cause i was on student visa all this time..i am very worried...can you tell me if they can deny my case if i don't have a sponsor??thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Contented, may I ask you why did you decide to switch from CP to AOS? I think it is faster to go for CP and in your case it is also easier since your file is already at the consulate.

Because i didnt have any other choice :(

My 1st NL was received at my old address, so my friend opened it and read the content for me; at that point i only knew that my cn was 79XX but didnt knw the exact number (because i was an idiot at that point.... sigh, shouldve written it down somewhere!)... My friend posted it to my new address as she was also moving, but i never received it, so the point is, i did not knw my exact CN. So KCC refused to give me details regarding my case everytime i called because i couldnt provide them with my CN. I only knew that my case was current in November based on the rough # that i remembered, and as i was going back to my home country from November till March, i decided to do CP.

Went back home, till feb mid, there was no sign of my interview letter. i think i wrote to KCC about 50 times regarding getting my CN from them and they kept replying with the same copy/paste mail until i was really harsh at one point and requested them to read the mail properly instead of blindly sending useless replies. Finally they apologized and explained that unless i appear infront of them or send in a written letter/signed infront of notary etc they might consider releasing my cn to me.

The bigger mess came about when my university (in minnesota) approved me for their program in spain for a semester and so i left in february because i did not have any other choice(i'm a senior at Uni, so if i had chosen not to attend, i would have lost out of the two bachelors degrees that i've been working on). I didnt want to put my studies in jeopardy and lose the GC at the same time!!! My bad luck, the interview letter was delivered 2 days after i left and was scheduled for the following month!!! By then it was too late to withdraw from my classes in spain, i had invested too much to just leave and go back for the interview.

Finally, for about 2 months i wrote to my embassy to try and change my cP to the US embassy in Madrid. My embassy (kuala lumpur) was prepared to transfer my case but the problem is it was impossible to get in touch with the madrid embassy as they only respond to you if you already have a case there or if you are american. everyone else gets charged 10euros to speak to the operate, tried about 15 times (150euros!!! cryyyy), but the operators knew nothing about dv cases and they had no idea what to advise me to do either!

Finally decided to return to the us after my program in spain, did infopass the day after i reentered the US (in June) to verify that i could still proceed with AOS etc...... and the rest you already know.

Sorry for the super long explanation, definitely more than you asked for isnt it?! :p I'm just extremely nervous, thats why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone heard from Yoni????
I noticed that his signature is not there anymore
Also i noticed that his infromation was deleted from the timeline excel sheet we keep...

anyone have any news about Yoni??

as44xxx, who's going to handle your file and Cleveland FO or Detroit? i hope it's Detroit.........

I think its Cleveland as it is the office in charge of my area..although its 2 hours away...but for my bio they sent me to Detroit which is an hour away . I really dont know how Cleveland FO is since iam the one and only person who have a case with them from this forum.

as44xxx, who's going to handle your file and Cleveland FO or Detroit? i hope it's Detroit.........

Because i didnt have any other choice :(

Wow, this is quite a story... I really appreciate sharing it with us and I sincerely hope that everything will turn out fine. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I also got an answer to another question from your post that bugged me a lot lately, if one can travel in and out of US after submitting documents to KCC. Obviously you did not have any problems. Another important lesson here is that KCC and US embassy can be approached with requests to re-schedule and interview, change CP to AOS etc., cuz I had an impression that those guys will not back down under any circumstances.

Question: why don't you go to Malaysia to complete the processing as opposed to doing AOS in the US?

In other words, what would make one initiate transfer of case from CP to AOS in September?

Question: why don't you go to Malaysia to complete the processing as opposed to doing AOS in the US?

In other words, what would make one initiate transfer of case from CP to AOS in September?

Again, my answer is "i do not have a choice and I cant" :( Check my previous post explaining why..... Also, I cant leave the US now because I'm doing final year clinical training; if i leave, I cant ever re-join the program (or any other clinical site for that matter) to complete my degree as the hospitals will site 'no commitment' and bar me out of the system for good (being an international student is not going to make that any easier). If that happens, then goodbye to my degree and it will be more difficult to prove to USCIS that I wont be a public charge in the US.

Also, I initiated the transfer in early june, all I am waiting for now is my interview......

Wow, this is quite a story... I really appreciate sharing it with us and I sincerely hope that everything will turn out fine. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I also got an answer to another question from your post that bugged me a lot lately, if one can travel in and out of US after submitting documents to KCC. Obviously you did not have any problems. Another important lesson here is that KCC and US embassy can be approached with requests to re-schedule and interview, change CP to AOS etc., cuz I had an impression that those guys will not back down under any circumstances.

Oh no i hope I did not give you the wrong picture with my explanation; if you want to leave the US after sending files to KCC freely like I did, you can only do so if you had submitted an application for consular processing. You absolutely cannot do that with AOS unless you have applied for parole and had it approved in advance. That is the whole reason why i did not do AOS in the first place. The moment you send your files to KCC and your 485 to USCIS, you can no longer leave the country without parole. Hence, as of now, I cant leave the US until my case is settled (basically most of us doing AOS right now are in what I would like to call 'the buffer period'. your non immigrant visa is kind of 'dead' for the moment, and yet you dont have your GC yet....)

And you are right about KCC and USCIS for re-scheduling. I did not even have to notify KCC actually as your file is no longer part of KCC's system after your interview is scheduled with a consulate. As for my case, the KL US embassy was willing to reschedule if i wanted, provided I informed them before the first interview date, but that might add to delays in processing they said. KCC came back in the picture after I sent my i485 to USCIS, the day my check was cashed, I received an email from KCC within hours stating 'acknowledgement for application to change status' to replace my previous 2nd NL which was for my interview appointment in Malaysia.

Oh no i hope I did not give you the wrong picture with my explanation; if you want to leave the US after sending files to KCC freely like I did, you can only do so if you had submitted an application for consular processing.

Thanks for clarifying this, but I understood you properly. I knew that one can't leave the US after submitting paperwork for AOS. But I also heard rumors that it is not recommended to travel in and out of US even when doing CP, after sending documents to KCC. I thought it was wrong, but now I have confirmation that it is not a problem.

Hey everyone. I noticed that some have been asking for me...
So, I was out of town, but I'm back. There is no news in my case...
I just decided to do some changes to change my luck a little bit. I tend to believe that many things come from up there...
Thanks to all that remember and care. :)

Again, my answer is "i do not have a choice and I cant" :( Check my previous post explaining why..... Also, I cant leave the US now because I'm doing final year clinical training; if i leave, I cant ever re-join the program (or any other clinical site for that matter) to complete my degree as the hospitals will site 'no commitment' and bar me out of the system for good (being an international student is not going to make that any easier). If that happens, then goodbye to my degree and it will be more difficult to prove to USCIS that I wont be a public charge in the US.

Also, I initiated the transfer in early june, all I am waiting for now is my interview......

Are you physician?

Your post # 300, hope will bring you luck :)

I just decided to do some changes to change my luck a little bit. I tend to believe that many things come from up there...

Hello, I am DV2012 winner. I read most of the discussion, but I could not figure out the following issue yet.
If somebody helps me out, it would be highly appreciated.

1. How much do we have to pay for I485 filing fee for 4 year old daughter?
(I am a winner and will submit I485 for myself, my wife and daughter)

On the instruction it says.. (page8)
The fee is $985 only (no biometrics fee required) for applicants 79 years of age or older,
and applicants under 14 years of age who submit Form I-485 indepndent from other family member.

The fee for a child under 14 years of age will be $635 when submitted with
the application of a parent under section 201(b)(A)(i), 203(a)(2)(A), and 203(d) of the INA

Should I pay
985$?
985$+85$?
635$?
635$+85$?

2012AS000119**
07/15/2011 1st NL
07/30/2011 Sent DSP122, DSP230 to KCC
08/03/2011 Delivered at KCC
08/05/2011 Infopass with local USCIS
08/06/2011 Sent DV fee ($440x3) to DOS
08/12/2011 Medical completed

This year we paid
440x3 to KCC
985+85 x 2 for adults
635 for the kids

Hello, I am DV2012 winner. I read most of the discussion, but I could not figure out the following issue yet.
If somebody helps me out, it would be highly appreciated.

1. How much do we have to pay for I485 filing fee for 4 year old daughter?
(I am a winner and will submit I485 for myself, my wife and daughter)

On the instruction it says.. (page8)
The fee is $985 only (no biometrics fee required) for applicants 79 years of age or older,
and applicants under 14 years of age who submit Form I-485 indepndent from other family member.

The fee for a child under 14 years of age will be $635 when submitted with
the application of a parent under section 201(b)(A)(i), 203(a)(2)(A), and 203(d) of the INA

Should I pay
985$?
985$+85$?
635$?
635$+85$?

2012AS000119**
07/15/2011 1st NL
07/30/2011 Sent DSP122, DSP230 to KCC
08/03/2011 Delivered at KCC
08/05/2011 Infopass with local USCIS
08/06/2011 Sent DV fee ($440x3) to DOS
08/12/2011 Medical completed

Yoni, do you know for certain that the A# that they assigned you is correct?

If I remember your signature correctly, you filed at around the same time as us. We got a notice that my wife's A# was assigned incorrectly and they re-assigned another number, along with a revised I-797. When we went for our biometrics, we brought all correspondence with us. The inspector at the support center was pretty sharp: he noticed that the biometric letter for my wife was for the earlier incorrect number, and in fact she wasn't scheduled for biometrics yet as a result. He also knew that USCIS had some problems with A#'s around the time we applied (probably was distributed through a memo). The inspector then verified in the system that all the information attached to the new A# was correct with my wife's record in the USCIS system and made sure the biometrics that he allowed her to do were attached to the proper record.

Soon after I get a Request for Initial Evidence for a bunch of forms, cause they thought I was doing family-based sponsorship (when if fact was was a derivative of my wife's DV application, and selected the correct box on the I-485). I submitted a reply stating the DV aspect, along with evidence. No news for a while, and then did Infopass and found out that our case was forwarded to FO, probably 1.5 months after biometrics, which I think is a little slower than normal.

I'm fairly certian that the RIE was a direct result from the A# mixup. The original A# they assigned my wife had somebody else's record, but the I-797 we first got showed my wife's name and info with that A#.