• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Thank you R2010... for sticking up with us the slackers....
My time clock is ticking...

EthernalHope:
Congrats on you Interview and CPO status. Party time@!

Yoni123, I know you will hear something soon. Keep up with you positive attitude. :)

Hey you guys, just got my interview letter (FO: Bloomington MN) for the 15th. Its scheduled exactly one month after my bio..... i think the processing times have sped up as its nearing the end!!! so for the rest who are still waiting for your ILs, fret not as there is still hope!! :D

Congrats and good luck!
Hey you guys, just got my interview letter (FO: Bloomington MN) for the 15th. Its scheduled exactly one month after my bio..... i think the processing times have sped up as its nearing the end!!! so for the rest who are still waiting for your ILs, fret not as there is still hope!! :D

Hi everyone, I'am experiencing a weird situation and need your advice.

I sent my complete application(AoS)for the second time on July 22, after receiving the denial letter(due to early-filling) of my first application.
Today I had a call from my USCIS field office. I was told why I have again applied before a visa be immediately available for me. His interpretation of " a visa should be immediately available" was when a true visa be available at time of filing!(in my case September)

I tried to explained to him that DV applicants are eligible to apply for AoS as soon as their case number become below the cut-off number shown on the monthly visa bulletin but I think he was not convinced and said that he will call me again on Monday 29 August.
Now I am supposed to have a call from USCIS on Monday 29, August( when I already set an Infopass).

Please give me you advice regarding how I can convince him or which immigration laws I should refer in this regard?

Thank you so much for your help in advance,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey chance1

take with you the 2NL letter that was sent from the department of state (the letter that was informing you to pay the DOS $440 fee for AOS and that your case will be sent to USCIS and KCC have nothing to do with it anymore). In that letter it states clearly that all AOS should be done before September 30th.

Also KCC have sent emails lately notifying DV2011 winners that they need to adjust their status before the end of the DV2011 fiscal year which is September 30th 2011.

These should be enough evidence to support our September 30th deadline.

Hi everyone, I'am experiencing a weird situation and need your advice.

I sent my complete application(AoS)for the second time on July 22, after receiving the denial letter(due to early-filling) of my first application.
Today I had a call from my USCIS field office. I was told why I have again applied before a visa be immediately available for me. His interpretation of " a visa should be immediately available" was when a true visa be available at time of filing!(in my case September)

I tried to explained to him that DV applicants are eligible to apply for AoS as soon as their case number become below the cut-off number shown on the monthly visa bulletin but I think he was not convinced and said that he will call me again on Monday 29 August.
Now I am supposed to have a call from USCIS on Monday 29, August( when I already set an Infopass).

Please give me you advice regarding how I can convince him or which immigration laws I should refer in this regard?

Thank you so much for your help in advance,

FO question

Just curious: Does anyone have experience with Providence (RI) FO??? What about Boston? Also, this might be a stupid question but is there anything one could do to pick one's FO or does it just go by the address you give them?..... I am just nervous about processing times etc. because I have a high rank number in 2012 lottery.. who has been successful with a number current in July???

Thanks!!

Hello House! do i have to present the original I-134 on the day of my interview or the scanned one i got thru email can do???

HEy Guys I'm having a really weird issue. My number was current since april and I sent my application. I moved just after I sent the application and did the adress change.Since then I received the emails and text message that my application was received and that I will receive my notice in the mail but since then NOTHING. everytime i call NVSC not only my adress has never been changed but they kept sending back the notice to USCIS because the mail could not deleivered since I do not live anymore in my old adress and its been 2 months. I called recently and they told me I missed my biometrics appointment and I still have no appointment letter. I've been calling everyday for the adress change but nothing and I even made an infopass but they told me I had to do the normal change of adress procedure. that they could not help me in my current city.can someone help me please. Im desperate and its almost Septmeber 30th

Hello Guys,
I'm back in the forum under my new name. I think it will bring me some luck.

Ruffine: Add your details to your signature and/or post your progress in the spreadsheet:
"h_t_t_p_s://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CKu6h5UN&key=0AqkGkUb-_3uxdE5oQjJDVlpvcTF1NDJaZWR0aTBQTHc&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0"
I think you should do the change address on the web. It will not do no harm.
Also, do another Infopass...I know the first thing they ask there is if your address has changed...The can confirm with you on their computer.
They would also be able to tell you if you have a pending interview appointment or BIO appointment. Do it quick as you already missed the BIO appointment and technically they can cancel your case because of that...

Hey Freedom11,

Be positive, you know, good thing happens to good people. You will hear very soon about your case. I follow your story and pray for you all the time that you will make it this time.

All the best of luck to all who are await for interviews!!!!!!!! I can feel the pains!

I think the person who moved to a new place after submitting form I-485 will have troubling receiving any info from USCIS. It happened to me. I changed my address and submitted on line at the right moment after biometrics done. I called USCIS right after my online submission too. I tried to double check. Though I have received two notices of actions for my address change from USCIS a week afterward. Still they sent my IL to my old address. However, I have my friends who live there to keep track on my IL if they sent. It is very dangerous, if you are not carefully think about it.

I think USCIS might have considered that you had abondoned your case because you failed to appear as sceduled. It is what stated in the biometrics appointment notice. It sounds discouraging. It may also be time consuming too. Be positive, however. You have over 30 more days to act.

September 30th deadline

Chance1

Attached is the September visa bulletin that is available on the DOS website. It have a section that emphasize that all DV2011 visas should be processed before September 30th 2011. I did highlight that section in this attachment.

This is anther proof your can take with you.

View attachment 18392

Chance1,
http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedo...nce1, post: 2111323"]Thank you again.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
According to question 11, my understanding is that we can file our case even before 90 days in advance. As USCIS response is "The Chicago Lockbox accepts all Diversity Visa filings within the fiscal year for which the
applicant has been selected". Am I wrong?

Hello, I would like to learn one more thing from experienced 2011 DV winners.
I am DV2012 winner and my wife, duaghter and I will apply for a green card through AOS.

Can I write I134 (affidavit of Support) to my wife and daughter?

I think only US citizens and permanent residents can submit I134. But, I saw a draft of cover letter of
I485 submission with I134 from principal applicant...

CN: 2012AS000119XX (NJ)
07/15/11 1st NL on the web
07/30/11 Sent DSP-122, DS-230, and Photos to KCC
08/06/2011 Sent DV fee of 440$ x 3 to DOS
08/15/2011 Medical record received
08/19/2011 DV fee receipt
08/25/2011 2nd NL via email

Hello, I would like to learn one more thing from experienced 2011 DV winners.
I am DV2012 winner and my wife, duaghter and I will apply for a green card through AOS.

Can I write I134 (affidavit of Support) to my wife and daughter?

I think only US citizens and permanent residents can submit I134. But, I saw a draft of cover letter of
I485 submission with I134 from principal applicant...

CN: 2012AS000119XX (NJ)
07/15/11 1st NL on the web
07/30/11 Sent DSP-122, DS-230, and Photos to KCC
08/06/2011 Sent DV fee of 440$ x 3 to DOS
08/15/2011 Medical record received
08/19/2011 DV fee receipt
08/25/2011 2nd NL via email

Yes if you have a job, you just need to show your employment letter, pay stubs and W2 form and prepare the I-134 yourself for your spouse and child.

According to question 11, my understanding is that we can file our case even before 90 days in advance. As USCIS response is "The Chicago Lockbox accepts all Diversity Visa filings within the fiscal year for which the
applicant has been selected". Am I wrong?

Some have filed way before 90s in advance and have been successful in getting their green card, but most have been rejected. In my opinion, you should best sent your package when you see your cut-off number current on the visa bulletin. I've seen cases where some sent it way before they were current and even gotten their fingerprints taken then got rejected for sending it in too early and have to pay the filing fee again.