• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

lucky2011

Registered Users (C)
This thread is for those lucky DV-2011 winners who are already in the US and plan on filing for Adjustment of Status. Even though we can learn a lot from the DV 2010 AOS and DV 2009 AOS threads, please let's share our DV-2011 journey on this thread. I'm asking all DV-2010 and DV-2009 winners who did AOS to throw information, advices, and experience as much as possible

I am myself a lucky DV-2011 winner with case number: 2011AF00025XXX which may be current in February or March 2011. I received my NL letter from KCC on April 24, and I sent this morning DS-122 (indicating BCIS) + barcode + 2 photos to KCC.

However, I've got the following question. I'm ready to send the $375 fee to the Department of State. But, where do we get the Adjustment of Status Fee Payment Form from? Should we make our own form and include all the information (DV Case number, selectee surname, selectee given name, Address, city, state, zipcode, payment for....) mentioned in the Adjustment of Status Fee Payment webpage ???

My NL package from KCC did not include the Adjustment of Status Fee Payment form. The brown envelope from KCC only contained the NL letter + barcode sheet + KCC address adhesive sticker. Is that the same case for other DV-2011 winners too ???

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Useful links

Official USCIS instructions for Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program
The USCIS website has general tips for assembling the application
Mailing address for form I-485
Online change of address for any USCIS pending case
The steps in the life of an I-485 petition at NBC.

Documents needed for the AOS package that is sent to the Chicago lock-box and a sample cover letter courtesy of capeolive from the 2010 AOS thread. [LINK]
Sample cover letter copied below to increase availability in case the 2010 AOS thread goes away.

The following cover letter is only a sample.
Make your own research. Take out the things
that are not relevant to you, add the things
that are relevant. Always read the instructions.

----------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 8, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Attn: AOS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname - Diversity Visa Lottery Winner with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following:
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
9. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 5 visas.
17. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (XXX) 555-5555.
Sincerely yours,

See also this Word document containing a sample cover letter for a married couple. Author is unknown.

This post from cooldude06_78 compiles an index of the 2009 winners with their field offices and the page numbers in the 2009 AOS thread where their interview experiences are presented.

This post from Capeolive provides a summary of the processing times and field offices of all 2010 AOS winners who reported their timeline in the 2010 thread, organized by month.

DV2011 applicants, enter your timeline information in this spreadsheet for the benefit of future applicants. As a reward, you can view aggregate statistics based on the information from all members on these pages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I wasn't talking about the I-485 AOS fee which comes much later on. I was referring to the diversity fee of $375 which should be sent to the department of state along with an AOS fee payment form and a self-addressed stamped envelope. My question was: where should we get the AOS fee payment form from? I heard this form was included in the first NL package from KCC to DV-2010 winners. I didn't see that form in my NL package that I received last week. Did you?

Ok cool, thanks. It would so much more convenient by just printing the AOS fee payment form directly from that webpage.

Congrats to you Lucky 2011.........Good luck in your journey........
This thread is for those lucky DV-2011 winners who are already in the US and plan on filing for Adjustment of Status. Even though we can learn a lot from the DV 2010 AOS and DV 2009 AOS threads, please let's share our DV-2011 journey on this thread. I'm asking all DV-2010 and DV-2009 winners who did AOS to throw information, advices, and experience as much as possible

I am myself a lucky DV-2011 winner with case number: 2011AF00024XXX which may be current in February or March 2011. I received my NL letter from KCC on April 24, and I sent this morning DS-122 (indicating BCIS) + barcode + 2 photos to KCC.

However, I've got the following question. I'm ready to send the $375 fee to the Department of State. But, where do we get the Adjustment of Status Fee Payment Form from? Should we make our own form and include all the information (DV Case number, selectee surname, selectee given name, Address, city, state, zipcode, payment for....) mentioned in the Adjustment of Status Fee Payment webpage ???

My NL package from KCC did not include the Adjustment of Status Fee Payment form. The brown envelope from KCC only contained the NL letter + barcode sheet + KCC address adhesive sticker. Is that the same case for other DV-2011 winners too ???

Thanks

@Lucky2011- Congratulations!! I didn't know they started sending out letters before May, 2010! AWESOME!!!

Congrats on getting it, I was lucky enough to have gotten my NL too, I am in the same boat as you, I only received the letter and the barcode, no other instructions, the website is not entirely clear but after some phone calls to KCC i managed to gather that I had to send the DSP-122 and the photos back to the KCC, which were just mailed today. I finally found out where to send the $375 fee too with the form at this website to follow the insructions.

http;//www;travel;state.gov/visa/visa_4763;html

Now what do I do from here, do I start getting everything ready for my I-485 packet, or is there anything I am currently missing at all?

Congratulations to you all. Im going the AOS route too. Sent back the DSP 122, Barcode and photos to KCC today. Next step is to figure out where and how to send the fee.

Congrats subywrx !!! I believe that once you send the DSP-122 to KCC and the $375 to the Department of State, you just have to wait for your case number to be current. The cut-off dates for DV-2011 winners should start on October 2011 (when our season actually starts). And while you are waiting for your case number to be current, you can start preparing all the AOS documents (I-485, birth certificate, etc..) Anyway, if you have already sent your DS-122, you should expect a second letter from KCC explicitly explaining your next steps.

Congrats on getting it, I was lucky enough to have gotten my NL too, I am in the same boat as you, I only received the letter and the barcode, no other instructions, the website is not entirely clear but after some phone calls to KCC i managed to gather that I had to send the DSP-122 and the photos back to the KCC, which were just mailed today. I finally found out where to send the $375 fee too with the form at this website to follow the insructions.

http;//www;travel;state.gov/visa/visa_4763;html

Now what do I do from here, do I start getting everything ready for my I-485 packet, or is there anything I am currently missing at all?

Hi all,

I applied for DV-2011 but haven't heard anything yet. I'm in Australia - and I'm hoping and praying to hear very soon. I currently have a B Visa... will I be required to apply for a change of status or do I just apply do the DS-122 and whatever else is required?

Thanks

Congrats subywrx !!! I believe that once you send the DSP-122 to KCC and the $375 to the Department of State, you just have to wait for your case number to be current. The cut-off dates for DV-2011 winners should start on October 2011 (when our season actually starts).
Perhaps just a typo, but to clarify, case numbers for DV-2011 start becoming current in October 2010.

Hi all,

I applied for DV-2011 but haven't heard anything yet. I'm in Australia - and I'm hoping and praying to hear very soon. I currently have a B Visa... will I be required to apply for a change of status or do I just apply do the DS-122 and whatever else is required?
Adjustment of status is only for people living in US on non-immigrant visas.
Since you are outside US, you would have to do consular processing if you win the lottery.

Ok, thanks so much. Any idea of a month that Oceania should hear results for DV?

KCC is currently distributing notification letters to lottery winners, and that should continue until early July. I know for sure that some people from Africa, Europe and Asia already received or are currently receiving their NL letter. I haven't heard from Oceania yet. You might need to start a new thread and ask that specific question.

Im telling you, the guys on this forum are so helpful, ok sent in everything to KCC and payment done, reading through all the stuff for the I-485 packet and then to send it to the lockbox once my number becomes current, I might need to wait a bit. I did have two more questions, I am getting married in July and was wondering what the process if becuase I applied for the Lottery as a single applicant, do I need to notify them during the interview that there will be two people, or do I need to notify them now? I am happy to pay the extra fees for her, we only decided we were going to get married after I had applied to the DV lottery last November. Also I have a class c misdemeanor on my file but I am in the process of getting it expunged. Is this something that I need to list on my form for a criminal background, or will they never see this on the record and I can just apply with a clean NO on the forms for criminal background?

Thanks again guys

I know from reading the DV-2010 AOS thread that at least one person successfully added his spouse to his AOS application even if he/she originally applied to the lottery as single. But just to be sure, If I were you, I would call or email KCC and ask that specific marital issue. You can also call a USCIS representative who might give a clearer answer to your question. To reach a USCIS representative, call 1-800-375-5283, and then press the keys 1, then 2, then 3.

As for the class C misdemeanor, just be aware that the FBI will run a comprehensive background check on you before you'll be given the green card. You can also address that question to a USCIS representative, but I would still list this misdemeanor on my application. Class C misdemeanors are common, and previous DV-lottery winners sucessfully got their GC with these petty crimes (just read the DV-2009, 2010 AOS threads). I actually have a traffic violation on my case for exceeding the speed limit :eek: , but I know that's not something that will jeopardize my application. So I say, just be truthful, and everything will be alright ;)

Im telling you, the guys on this forum are so helpful, ok sent in everything to KCC and payment done, reading through all the stuff for the I-485 packet and then to send it to the lockbox once my number becomes current, I might need to wait a bit. I did have two more questions, I am getting married in July and was wondering what the process if becuase I applied for the Lottery as a single applicant, do I need to notify them during the interview that there will be two people, or do I need to notify them now? I am happy to pay the extra fees for her, we only decided we were going to get married after I had applied to the DV lottery last November. Also I have a class c misdemeanor on my file but I am in the process of getting it expunged. Is this something that I need to list on my form for a criminal background, or will they never see this on the record and I can just apply with a clean NO on the forms for criminal background?

Thanks again guys

Thanks again guys
No will mean you are lying....which can hurt you later on. Either you ask for legal advise or be honest and explain what it was...some things will be taken off later in life and don't count to harsh. The FBI background check will bring everything up and lying might become a bigger issue then the misdemenor.

hi to all

Congratulations.
am also considering doing an AOS, but I have not sent the DS-122 form yet. I am still pondering my choices.

It is my understanding that you submit the AOS fee with your AOS package, whenever your number becomes current. Also, you can send a personal check for the AOS fee (you can see when it is cashed). There is no separate form for it. You have plenty of time until you must send the AOS package.

cn : 2011AF0000XXXX
NL RECEIVED ON : 04 24 2010
SEND BACK 122 + 212 ON 04 30 2010
SEND PAYEMENT TO DOS ON 04 30 2010
STAY TUNE