!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!december Delhi P4 Discussion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!

Good luck to Patta Hara, justaskforks and all Dec CPers. Your posts have been very helpful to me!

No Title

Can you send me the text of the affidavit? I just want to make sure my parents say whatever is needed, my birth certificate doesn\'t have my name on it. Please, if you can send me the text at chawla_mukul@yahoo.com, that would help a lot. THANKS!

Here is One

Here is one I got it made from India couple of days back . I had the same issue no name on birth certificate. I got this format from Immihelp...

I, (name of relative), solemnly state and affirm as hereunder:
(1) I presently reside at ___________________________________.
(2) I am a citizen of _______________________________.
(3) I was born on ___________________ at________________.
(4) I am the (state relationship to the person whose birth is being verified)
(5) I personally know that (name of person) was born on ____________ at _________.

I hereby affirm under the penalty of perjury pursuant to the laws of the United States of America (28 U.S.C. Section 1746) that the foregoing is true and correct.

This affidavit was executed on (date) at (Place).
____________________ Signed Date:________________

PCC India

Hello Dec Delhi CPers: There is some post that Police Certificates might be required for india soon. (Maybe in Jan) If any of you see information regd this when you go to the embassy cld u please post it on the forum ASAP for the benefit of the folks going next year.

Good luck

Patta_harra ....After getting Harra patta pls update the board if Police certificate is required in delhi ...Do Find out in the consulate at the time of your interview

If internet connection is bad in delhi for this site email me at santhecat@hotmail.com and I will update the board

Good Luck

British Airways

Hi Guys
If any of you are considering British Airways and are concerned regarding airport transfer.... it is a breeze (I flew in to Gatwick this morning and BA arranged the airport transfer.. I am in Heathrow now and will leave for Delhi in 2 hours)It was hassel free.

I was apprehensive about hassel of changing airports but it is simple, free and easy.

what\'s the fee ? did anyone call consulate about this

hi
  i know the website says Rs. 12,480 ($260) for appl fee and Rs 3120 ($65) as visa issuance fee.
did anyone call consulate regarding this and can confirm here? thankyou very much.
Regards

Medical at Dr Jain\'s Experience

Medical at Dr Jain.
Overall simple process... positive experience.
Took appointment that is meaninglless as they do not go by order. Luckily there were only two people before us. Practice I guess is all sponsored by IV candidates... I did not see a single "Patient".

You are seated in a very shabby waiting room, one guy types away at a
typewriter filling in Medical embassey forms with your passport/case
info. Once your papers are filled and if your position in the Qeue is current than you are ushered in Dr\'s office. Wife and me did not have any immunization records hence had to take both TD(Titanus Deptheria) and MMR (Measels, Mumph, Reubella) shots. If you are not Pregnant you WILL NOT be waived MMR. The shots stay sore a bit, but did not get fever in our case. After almost 16 hours of takin them I am still sore in the arm and wife is worst.

Both of us were ushered in Doc\'s office together, first he filled in a questionaire asking us all sorts of medical Questions that we answered in NO (Do you have heart deaseas, leprosy, loss of limb and such), what age you had chicken pox. Then he asked the wife to go in the adjoining room to change in a Gown. While she was gone asked me to strip down to undies.

Height/Weight, Physical run down of the body looking for leprosy scars, swollen lymph nodes, Fingers, toes etc. Then asked to lay on the table. He did not ask me to take the undie off but went in a quick motion to feel the lymph nodes at the base of the leg/abdomen. No check of the privates was done.
Then took blood pressure, while the "BP wrap around" thing was inflated around my arm he stuck a needle to draw blood for blood tests that he will get done (without telling me). He doesn\'t talk much and does not like to indulge in small talks. Then he gave two shots on the other arm TD and MMR and I was done. He used disposable syringes so that was good. (His outdated syringe disposal system is worth noticing)

Then wife\'s turn, (she was in the adjoining room all this time.)She was comfortable, he did not reach to feel anything. the process that was applied to me was repeated. No check of the privates. He did not ask me to step out while checking her. No female nurse is available

Out side we were asked to Pay Rs 2300 for the checkup and blood test and immunization. Clerk asked us to get xerox done of the Immunization Chart that doc had filled from a near by shop. That copy is for you. He keeps the original. Then he gave a small slip to take to Dr Khurana(D-45 Def Col) for X rays. He asked us to come back by 5:30 pm to pick reports or next day whatever is convinient. X ray report is sent directly by Doc Khurana to Dr Jain.

On the way to X rays we stoped at Kumar studio to get the photos taken. He promised to give them at 6-6:30 pm

You see the same faces at X ray. Your passport is checked (MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR PASSPORT WHEN THEN HAND IT BACK.. I almost got some one else\'s passport)We were done by 1pm

Went back at 5:30 and got sealed reports and X rays. The clerk tells you all is ok if you ask. I am guessing if they dont ask for some retests then you should be OK.

Now for the interview

P4

Folks-

Have any of you received your P4 yet? What happens if we do not get our P4s before leaving for India. Did Patta_Hara receive his P4 before leaving for India?

CP in Delhi

Folks:

I finally got my appointment date for Dec 14. I am leaving on the 6th (getting a ticket with 2 week notice was tough but finally I managed to get it!!).
I was wondering if the consulate is returning the passports on the same day or are they still using the courier service for next day delivery?? Also if courier service is used, are deliveries made on saturdays??

Please respond at the earliest as I have limited time in India and have to plan to utilize it the best way.

Thanks

Sam_Rij

Re: Dear patta_hara

please try to get clarification on the state of PCCs. Is PCC from Indian consulate in US sufficient? Are PCCs from every local police station you have lived for 6 months in India also needed? Is the local police station requirement only for people applying for CP from India? when does the new policy come into effect? you will do everyone a huge favor by getting some authoritative clarification from the consulate on this.

thank you,
bullu

No Title

Arvind Bhatia : You can get your P3 collected from the embassy at any time between 2 and 3 pm from Window 13

Sam_Rij : Delhi does not have a courier service for immigrant visas. They give you the sealed envelope same day in evening

Packet 4

Read on one if the discussions ..he did not recvie his packet 4 in US but got a duplicate in India

Airline and price

I am flying Kuwait Airways. The price was $1110 from JFK New York to Delhi. I could have got Lufthansa for $1500 or so but that would have taken some time to confirm (if at all) so I took this one for peace of mind.

Tickers

I am flying out tomorrow (11/4) i just got my tickets on thursday. I got them for Lufthansa for 1155 from chicago to delhi.