• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

countdown to dv 2018 results

A reminder to everyone who's new to this; when the results go online, the system could crash and you might be unable to see your results for hours. Last year I could access it for the first few minutes after the results became available, then the system was overwhelmed and access was extremely hard or impossible for several hours. If the same thing happens again this year, these down hours will probably be the most nerve racking, so be ready :)

A reminder to everyone who's new to this; when the results go online, the system could crash and you might be unable to see your results for hours. Last year I could access it for the first few minutes after the results became available, then the system was overwhelmed and access was extremely hard or impossible for several hours. If the same thing happens again this year, these down hours will probably be the most nerve racking, so be ready :)

I personally try to wait until the next day that servers are working better. Good tip Rafi for the ones that are new :)

I personally try to wait until the next day that servers are working better. Good tip Rafi for the ones that are new :)

I am with Pierre82 on this one! The results are released at my midnight on the 3rd, and I have over the years stayed up and it is just too busy to log in. This year, I plan to wait until morning for the big reveal! Here's hoping to post a "Qewty has been selected" thread!

Q

Hi guys,
I wish u good luck, is my 3-th time maybe i'll get lucky.
Hope that all of u get the lottery selection

PS: sorry for all my english mistakes is not tongh language.

Welcome back to the forum and best of luck Mushu. This is my third time as well, maybe its our lucky number :)

Well, I too was excited the first and second time. Then it just like another normal day. :-(

The first two times I entered I was SO excited and convinced we'd win and so disappointed when we weren't selected, rechecked the numbers about 5 times, haha. The third time I checked perfunctorily expecting to be disappointed and there it was.... YOU HAVE BEEN RANDOMLY SELECTED....

The first two times I entered I was SO excited and convinced we'd win and so disappointed when we weren't selected, rechecked the numbers about 5 times, haha. The third time I checked perfunctorily expecting to be disappointed and there it was.... YOU HAVE BEEN RANDOMLY SELECTED....

Loved reading this experience this morning SusieQQQ. I get excited every year, and of course with that comes disappointment, but regardless I approach the announcement again this year with great anticipation! I have even read through Britsimon's instructions of what you need to do because I figured it was about time I knew! My husband thinks this may just be the year! :D

Warmest wishes as always

Q

Loved reading this experience this morning SusieQQQ. I get excited every year, and of course with that comes disappointment, but regardless I approach the announcement again this year with great anticipation! I have even read through Britsimon's instructions of what you need to do because I figured it was about time I knew! My husband thinks this may just be the year! :D

Warmest wishes as always

Q

Hoping it's your year this year! 'Bout time those OC odds swung in your favor...

Warmest wishes as always

Q

Its hard not to get excited when the time comes. I always remember now of the 99% chances of not been selected but still have some hope that I will get a surprise lol.

Anyway, When does the draw take place actually? Is it on the same day the results are published?

I suspect (only my thoughts) that the draw has happened a while before now.

For the actual checking I will pop the info below.

"DV-2018 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 2, 2017."

The link is here https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Q

Anyway, When does the draw take place actually? Is it on the same day the results are published?

No, the draw is done before, and so is the preliminary round of disqualifications (duplicate entries and other issues that they can catch using software, probably now including reusing old photos). They have to do the draw, eliminate obvious disqualifications, and get approximately 100K notification letters up on the website. It's not all going to happen on the same day.