• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

countdown to dv 2018 results

Hey All!
Just wanted to come by and say Hello! :)
This is my 2nd time doing the DV-lottery. I've registered together with my fiance, let's hope we get further this time (last year we both weren't selected) ;)
My fiance's whole family lives in Florida and we are dreaming on moving there one day.... Fingers crossed!

33 more days to go!!

Best of luck to you Florentine and good to see you back around in the forum :)

I love seeing everyone checking in once again! I get very excited at this time of year, and it has now become a habit that I link the following youtube of the US Govt's "welcome" video that is played in many airports and consulates. This video never gets old for me, (I do hope I am allowed to pop it here) :).

Here's to an exciting time ahead for the DV2018 draw! I consider this excitement a part of the DV lottery experience, and regardless of the outcome, it is a fabulous opportunity to participate :) One never knows when the next adventure is to begin!

Warmest wishes as always

Q

Last edited:
I love seeing everyone checking in once again! I get very excited at this time of year, and it has now become a habit that I link the following youtube of the US Govt's "welcome" video that is played in many airports and consulates. This video never gets old for me! (I do hope I am allowed to pop it here :) )

Here's to an exciting time ahead for the DV2018 draw!

Warmest wishes as always

Q

Very nice video and thanks for sharing :)

Hello everyone,

This is my 4th time applying. This year I applied for myself, my husband, my father, my mother and my brother so maybe one of use will get lucky. I am currently living in Toronto, Canada.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! LET'S KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

This is my 4th time applying. This year I applied for myself, my husband, my father, my mother and my brother so maybe one of use will get lucky. I am currently living in Toronto, Canada.

Good luck too you too

Hey All!
Just wanted to come by and say Hello! :)
This is my 2nd time doing the DV-lottery. I've registered together with my fiance, let's hope we get further this time (last year we both weren't selected) ;)
My fiance's whole family lives in Florida and we are dreaming on moving there one day.... Fingers crossed!

33 more days to go!!
Good luck this time round

Hello everyone,

Hi Dreamer11,

Welcome to the forum and best of luck on your fourth attempt :). I hope one of your family members get that first try luck :D

Hello people :) It's almost that time of the year, again! As I said last year I don't know exactly how many times I played so far because when I first applied I was sitting in the same room in front of the same computer. I certainly played 13 times (since 2004) + 3 additional draws/redraws that happened in the meantime (like the one last year) so that's a minimum of 16 trials so far. But if I played for the first time in 2001 (while sitting in the same room in front of that same computer) than this is the 19th time that I am expecting (ok, I used this word on purpose).

Btw, I wish I didn't see Britsimon's comment about 19 million entries this year. That's the highest so far (I think) which means our chances are lower :( I remember some years there was 'only' around 9 million of applicants and chances seemed much better. Still. no luck so far... Hope magic happens this year!

Anyway, good luck to all of you and hope we're all going to jump high with smiles on our faces and both fists pumped on May 2nd, 2017.

Hello people :) It's almost that time of the year, again! As I said last year I don't know exactly how many times I played so far because when I first applied I was sitting in the same room in front of the same computer. I certainly played 13 times (since 2004) + 3 additional draws/redraws that happened in the meantime (like the one last year) so that's a minimum of 16 trials so far. But if I played for the first time in 2001 (while sitting in the same room in front of that same computer) than this is the 19th time that I am expecting (ok, I used this word on purpose).

Btw, I wish I didn't see Britsimon's comment about 19 million entries this year. That's the highest so far (I think) which means our chances are lower :( I remember some years there was 'only' around 9 million of applicants and chances seemed much better. Still. no luck so far... Hope magic happens this year!

Anyway, good luck to all of you and hope we're all going to jump high with smiles on our faces and both fists pumped on May 2nd, 2017.

Hi Man of Constant Sorrow,

Welcome back to the forum and best of luck to you this year. Its all based on luck and we can only wait and see, if we are in the lucky group of winners.

The 19 million number is not DV2018 - it was DV2017 entries (plus derivatives). The number has been rising in recent years.

"Applicants registered for the DV-2017 program were selected at random from 12,437,190 qualified entries (19,344,586 with derivatives) received during the application period that ran from noon, Eastern Daylight Time on Thursday, October 1, 2015, until noon, Eastern Daylight Time on Tuesday, November 3, 2015. "