Conversion from BEC to PERM

Spdal:
Sorry for late reply.
Non RIR EB2-03/2003
Perm conversion-12/2006
CA
45 days notice reply to Dallas at June, 2006

QUOTE=spdal]I applied for PERM conversion on 12/1 but have not heard anything yet.
Stats:
Non RIR EB2 - 02/2003
PERM Conversion - 12/1/2006

Thanks,
spdal[/QUOTE]

any options?

Guys,
looks like recently the forum does not have as many positive messages as before. I hope I can bring more hope but it's not up to me.
My case has been pending for over 120 days, and still in process with Chicago National Processing center. I did confirm that the BEC case was withdrawn in early January.
Does anyone know any options I can take? Or how much authority the lawyer has to check on the status?
I have come to the point that I wish I am killed with a gun rather than being diced and sliced my flesh piece by piece.

TR EB2
PD 06/2002
PERM Conversion filed on 10/11/2006
BEC case withdrawn 1/6/2007

Just read in the TR to RIR conversion forum that 18,000 conversion requests were filed at D-BEC in Jan'07.
May be this is delaying the PERM conversion cases!
Thanks,
spdal.

Non RIR --> PERM Conversion seems to be taking time..

Guys, Looks like the non-RIR case to PERM conversion are taking forever. My case is pending since July 2006 and there is absolutely no movement. Please give me some ideas of what can be done. Now, I have an approved labor from Jan 2004 EB2, but not sure if I have to forego my present labor from nov 2002 and with conversion to PERM. Please suggest me if its a good idea to take that labor from Jan 2004 please..
Thanks,
H1Babu

Hey h1babu,

I was in the same boat as you, Non RIR PERM conversion filed (DBEC/Chicago) in July 06. My old case was withdrawn in Dec. and PERM approved (with old PD) in Jan 07. My advice to you would be to hang in there.

I have a colleague who filed for new PERM at the same time as me - in July 06. He got it in two weeks. Then got his I-140 in two months and since then has been sitting on his ass - waiting for a PD of July 06 to become current. Sounds like a long wait, no?!

Think about it this way - do you have more confidence in your PERM getting approved quicker or in the 485 categories becoming current quicker. Right now EB2 485 is in Jan 03. If you think the latter will happen, by all means cancel your PERM and go with Jan 04. But somehow I doubt the PDs will move fast, and a little patience now will help you get things going when your labor comes through.

Then again, it's your call. This is just my $0.02.

PERM Application Approved;How about identical BEC?

Hello Guys,

My case for PERM application got apporved Dec. 31, 2005, EB-3 category. My employer did'nt proceed to the conversion of my first LC-TR , with PD-April, 31, 2001.with the same position and company. My old LC is now at the Backlog Center- Dallas, and on que for process, we received the 45-days notice and my employer respond YES, to the quesiton and mail it back to them . Now, I do have already received approval my INS-form I-140 -,using the PERM-LC approval 12.31.2005, late last year.

Scenario ; My employer wants to do is to write a letter to the Certifying officer for both center to request, or if it is possible to recapture the old LC and apply it to already PERM-LC. And because of visa retrogression ( my country is Philippines . March 2007 Visa bulletin - Aug. 1, 2002. - no movement for 4 months). my employer wants it ask if this is possible.

My employer are thinking to write a letter to the Certifying Officer, who made the approval of my PERM-LC Application, to a request, if it is still possible to recapture my first LC sitting on the Backlog Center- Dallas.

Do you guys have the same case like me? Did it works for your case?

Appreciate your feedback

EB-3
PD - PERM LC- 12/31/2005
PD - OLD LC. 4/31/2001
1-140 - Approved
1-485 - not yet file

prezcalvin said:
Hey h1babu,

I was in the same boat as you, Non RIR PERM conversion filed (DBEC/Chicago) in July 06. My old case was withdrawn in Dec. and PERM approved (with old PD) in Jan 07. My advice to you would be to hang in there.

I have a colleague who filed for new PERM at the same time as me - in July 06. He got it in two weeks. Then got his I-140 in two months and since then has been sitting on his ass - waiting for a PD of July 06 to become current. Sounds like a long wait, no?!

Think about it this way - do you have more confidence in your PERM getting approved quicker or in the 485 categories becoming current quicker. Right now EB2 485 is in Jan 03. If you think the latter will happen, by all means cancel your PERM and go with Jan 04. But somehow I doubt the PDs will move fast, and a little patience now will help you get things going when your labor comes through.

Thanks a lot my friend... I think I will hang in there and pray god to have someone at DBEC respond to the Chicago PERM center with my old ETA750. My case may get complicated due to the fact that the place of employment changed from Nor CA to Southern CA between my old application to the PERM, though we have amended through the 45 day letter and this case being non-RIR, the lawyer said that since there is no recruitment done on the old case, this may be treated as an okay situation. My fear is that if i dont get to retain my priority date and miss the opportunity to substitute the Nov 2003 labor, i may be sitting in the queue with 2006 labor for the next 10 years..

Thanks,
H1Babu

Ah, I see your point. Hmm, yes it's a little complicated. So your scenarios are :

A) Do nothing, hope PERM gets approved with old PD
B) Cancel PERM and wait for Jan 04 EB2 to become current
C) Do nothing, get PERM approved, but old PD denied, and be stuck with 06 PD

Scenario C sounds scary. Now, in this case, the safe play would be to do B) IFF you think Scenario C is likely. I would suggest you ask a 'neutral' lawyer about how likely scenario C is given that your job location changed. Don't ask your company lawyer, always remember you are NOT their client, your company is their client, and they will act in their client's best interest, not yours. So basically, they might well want your case to fall to Option C).

Why don't you sit in on one of these conference calls with Rajiv Khanna and ask him this question? If he thinks C) isn't likely, then wait it out and go with A). Else, even with a 50% chance of C) happening, the safe play would be B).

This is what I would do, but then you have more info about your situation, so you can decide what's best.

prezcalvin said:
Ah, I see your point. Hmm, yes it's a little complicated. So your scenarios are :

A) Do nothing, hope PERM gets approved with old PD
B) Cancel PERM and wait for Jan 04 EB2 to become current
C) Do nothing, get PERM approved, but old PD denied, and be stuck with 06 PD

Scenario C sounds scary. Now, in this case, the safe play would be to do B) IFF you think Scenario C is likely. I would suggest you ask a 'neutral' lawyer about how likely scenario C is given that your job location changed. Don't ask your company lawyer, always remember you are NOT their client, your company is their client, and they will act in their client's best interest, not yours. So basically, they might well want your case to fall to Option C).

Why don't you sit in on one of these conference calls with Rajiv Khanna and ask him this question? If he thinks C) isn't likely, then wait it out and go with A). Else, even with a 50% chance of C) happening, the safe play would be B).

This is what I would do, but then you have more info about your situation, so you can decide what's best.

Thanks for your great inputs my friend!
H1Babu

perm conversion approved

guys, you saw me post complaint 2 days ago.
I just found out from PERM online website that my case was finally approved after 128 days. I have not yet found out whether my original PD is preserved.
Hanging in there.

TR EB2
PD: June/2002
File PERM convesion on Oct 11, 2006
BEC withdraw: Jan 6, 2007
PERM approval: Feb 15, 2007

luckyz said:
guys, you saw me post complaint 2 days ago.
I just found out from PERM online website that my case was finally approved after 128 days. I have not yet found out whether my original PD is preserved.
Hanging in there.

TR EB2
PD: June/2002
File PERM convesion on Oct 11, 2006
BEC withdraw: Jan 6, 2007
PERM approval: Feb 15, 2007
Luckyz,
Congratulations! I hope you got the original PD of June/2002. Your approval provides hope to all of us!
Thanks,
spdal.

spdal said:
Luckyz,
Congratulations! I hope you got the original PD of June/2002. Your approval provides hope to all of us!
Thanks,
spdal.
I agree with you spdal. Luckyz's case is quite similar to mine. My old pD is

april 2002 and I applied for PERM on OcT 31 2006.

Luckyz, thanks for sharing. and good luck for 140/485

I agree with you spdal. Luckyz's case is quite similar to mine. My old pD is

april 2002 and I applied for PERM on OcT 31 2006.

Luckyz, thanks for sharing. and good luck for 140/485

Hello Life_w/o_gc,

What is the progress of your case? Mine is from July 2006 and I read in some other forums that unless the case is followed up, its taking a very long time.

Here is the original quote from murthy.com forum
"
I did conversion, waited for almost one year and finally got certified. There were two things I think you can ask your lawyer to do.
1. Call DOL and try to speak to your certifying officer.
2. Inquiry through ALIA.
My lawyer did for me and after two weeks my case was certified.
"

I am going to ask my HR and the Lawyer to follow up using these methods.

Thanks,
H1Babu

Hello Life_w/o_gc,

What is the progress of your case? Mine is from July 2006 and I read in some other forums that unless the case is followed up, its taking a very long time.

Here is the original quote from murthy.com forum
"
I did conversion, waited for almost one year and finally got certified. There were two things I think you can ask your lawyer to do.
1. Call DOL and try to speak to your certifying officer.
2. Inquiry through ALIA.
My lawyer did for me and after two weeks my case was certified.
"

I am going to ask my HR and the Lawyer to follow up using these methods.

Thanks,
H1Babu

Hi H1Babu

My lawyer did email inquire for two consecutive months. However in reply

they received the standard answer saying " each case is unique and your case

will be analized in the order in which it has been received ......"

At this point I am not sure whether my lawyer will do this inquire or not.

I wish they should help us out by doing these kind of inquires.

Thanks for sharing this info.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi H1Babu

My lawyer did email inquire for two consecutive months. However in reply

they received the standard answer saying " each case is unique and your case

will be analized in the order in which it has been received ......"

At this point I am not sure whether my lawyer will do this inquire or not.

I wish they should help us out by doing these kind of inquires.

Thanks for sharing this info.

Good luck.

Hello friends,

Its been 120 days today since I filed for Perm conversion. I have no idea

why its taking so long. My lawyer is writing a letter to Direct of the chicago

PERM office. Anybody having same experience please reply.:(

Hey h1babu,

Hello my friend,

I spoke to my lawyer and they said they will try to follow up with the DOL. Was your case identical (same company, same position, same location)?

Can you please tell me asap to get some idea and talk to the lawyer again?

Thanks,
H1Babu

Hey h1babu,

Yes, my case was identical (same company, same position, same location).

Thank you, I saw my job has been posted on ajb.org and I dont know how this impacts my conversion case as one of the pre-requisites for the conversion case is that the recruitment should not be started. Any ideas?

Thanks,
H1Babu

Hi babu,

Correct me if Iam wrong..but i thought recrutiment was supposed to be complete when filing for conversion from regular/RIR - PERM