Conversion from BEC to PERM

Could you fill another perm at the same time? You lost your prior date, but it may get approved in 2 weeks.

My PERM has been certified!!!

My lawyer sent me the following email just now:

Hi:

I just checked the status of your PERM application online and it has been
certified. We have not yet received your approval here at our offices as
it can take a few weeks. We will be in contact upon receipt of your LC.

Thanks!

Please see my signature for more details.
Thank you guys for all your support. See you in the 140 threads.

Congratulation! Lucky guy!
Could you tell me what is your major and which center did you send in your case?

My lawyer sent me the following email just now:

Hi:

I just checked the status of your PERM application online and it has been
certified. We have not yet received your approval here at our offices as
it can take a few weeks. We will be in contact upon receipt of your LC.

Thanks!

Please see my signature for more details.
Thank you guys for all your support. See you in the 140 threads.

My company had filed anEB 2 RIR with PD june03 and another for my spouse in apr 03. In aug 05 my lawyer advised us that one of us shd file a perm app. Since my PD was later we filed a Perm for me and it was approved in 45 days we went ahead and filed I 140 and !485 concurrently.I 140 got approved. But due to retrogresssion I 485 remained pending.
Now my june 03 RIR from BEC got approved and dates have become current what shd i do
1 file I 140 and interfile the cases
2 file I 140 withdraw I 485 and file new one

My company had filed anEB 2 RIR with PD june03 and another for my spouse in apr 03. In aug 05 my lawyer advised us that one of us shd file a perm app. Since my PD was later we filed a Perm for me and it was approved in 45 days we went ahead and filed I 140 and !485 concurrently.I 140 got approved. But due to retrogresssion I 485 remained pending.
Now my june 03 RIR from BEC got approved and dates have become current what shd i do
1 file I 140 and interfile the cases
2 file I 140 withdraw I 485 and file new one

Hi,

How can we convert to perm?what are the options?please respond
TR to RIR?

Last edited by a moderator:
My TR-LC to PERM conversion certified!

Finally, my TR-LC to PERM conversion certified today!!!

------------------------------------------
TR-LC EB2 : 10/02/2003
PERM conv : 12/28/2006
AJB Ad on : 03/06/2007
RI recvd : 03/13/2007
Recruitment period: 03/22/2007 to 04/23/2007
RRI recvd : 05/02/2007
TR-LC status : withdrawn (05/03/2007)
PERM status : Certified (05/21/2007)

Congratulation!
Did you get notice of finding? Why your recruting time is after your perm conversion?
I did recruting before I refilled as perm.
Could you tell what is meaning of "RI" and "RRI"?

Finally, my TR-LC to PERM conversion certified today!!!

------------------------------------------
TR-LC EB2 : 10/02/2003
PERM conv : 12/28/2006
AJB Ad on : 03/06/2007
RI recvd : 03/13/2007
Recruitment period: 03/22/2007 to 04/23/2007
RRI recvd : 05/02/2007
TR-LC status : withdrawn (05/03/2007)
PERM status : Certified (05/21/2007)

Motion to reconsider timeline?

Hello everyone,
I applied PERM retaining my old priority date but my PERM got approved with the new priority date. My lawyer said that it was a mistake and filed a motion to reconsider. Does anyone know how long it might take to get a reply?

Did anyone else go through same process?

Thx!

LC approved on line. Don't know if keep the prority date.

Prority date:Mar ,02, 2003
Perm refill date:Dec.28,2006
EB2-CA

More than 10 years working in U.S.-----Struggle....

PERM just refiled

My company just refiled PERM hoping to convert current LC application and retain the original PD. I don't know how long it's gonna take. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Last edited by a moderator:
how long and who withdraws?

Guys,

My company converted my NJ EB2/RIR case (Priority Date : Nov 2002) to PERM in August 2006. Case status still shows 'In Process". Can anyone guess what are the normal wait times? I heard it first gets withdrawn. Who withdraws that application? employer? I'm on my 8th year extension. Please help me friends.

Hello everyone,
I applied PERM retaining my old priority date but my PERM got approved with the new priority date. My lawyer said that it was a mistake and filed a motion to reconsider. Does anyone know how long it might take to get a reply?

Thx!

Dude_CZAR1,
I also had the same issue and my lawyer for the exact same reason as yours filed a motion to reconsider on 27th April 2007. The case has not even been looked at and my lawyer was with the opinion that it might take even a year before it is addressed. The July bulletin made all the priority dates current and I was in a limbo. After lot of thought, I withdrew my motion to reconsider and filing I-140-485 with the new priority date. I know that retrogression that may happen very soon may delay my GC approval, but I went for it since it would at least not get me stuck in my job(AC21) and get me and my spouse EAD.

Let me know how it goes for you. I made a decision and I guess I shoudln't regret later no matter what happens. The GC process is such a pain.

M shastry

My original PD was April 2002 and now it is OCT2006 and I am pushed 4 years back in the line.

My company just refiled PERM hoping to convert current LC application and retain the original PD. I don't know how long it's gonna take. Keeping my fingers crossed...

I can't believe it. I checked with my lawyers yesterday about the PERM status, and got an email back today saying the case is shown as "certified" on the DOL website! It's just a little bit over a month since PERM was filed! Wow! I'm impressed....

Now I need to wait for the actual approval to arrive and find out if the original PD is preserved... Keeping my fingers crossed...

waiting since 2002

Guys,

Please help. I have labor pending in BEC since Nov/2002. We converted it to PERM in Aug/2006. It's still pending. PERM processing center says they are waiting on BEC for original ETA-750 (or what ever that labor application). When I contacted BEC, they said my application is in 'Recruitment Report Queue'.

Can someone please help me to resolve this deadlock? What shall I do? Appreciate you help.

I can't believe it. I checked with my lawyers yesterday about the PERM status, and got an email back today saying the case is shown as "certified" on the DOL website! It's just a little bit over a month since PERM was filed! Wow! I'm impressed....

Now I need to wait for the actual approval to arrive and find out if the original PD is preserved... Keeping my fingers crossed...

Hello everyone,

Thx!

Same boat as u. convert BEC to PERM
PERM got approved after 5months, with wrong PD.
LAwyer filed MTR, he said it usually takes 2months to get a reply, 4months later nothing.
I'm guessing if it PERM 5months i bet so does my motion, 3times as long.
I've read on trackitt, it could sit there til it'll get mold, depending on the motion queues, that they have to dig my old file which they say could take so much valuable time.
But my question is, would it go to same Certifying Officer who approved my labor cert? any ideas?
I filed my MTR May of this year, anybody out there who filed on the same month in Chicago , got a reply?thanx