Conversion from BEC to PERM

my case shows withdrawn

I think I am screwed now. My DBEC case shows "Withdrawn" today and got the RI for the old case. Dont know how this is going to pan out at the end. My lawyer has no clue and is avoiding my calls.

Good Luck!

My add was posted today on AJB. I have filed a PERM conversion 32 days ago.

When should I expect the recruitment instructions?
Can we use the recruitment used in PERM?
How is that going to affect my PERM application?
Which process will get the LC approved faster, PERM or traditional?

Thanks guys

PERM is faster than traditional or RIR.
After you file your PERM application, less than a month later you will receive an approval.

I think I am screwed now. My DBEC case shows "Withdrawn" today and got the RI for the old case. Dont know how this is going to pan out at the end. My lawyer has no clue and is avoiding my calls.

Good Luck!
H1Babu,

I dont know my exact case number but I have it kind od figured out based on similar job description filed from my company's zipcode. Anyway cutting to the chase...I found that these cases were in process a few days back and have changed to withdrawn within the last couple of days. I don;t know if this is necessarily bad..they could be taking the PERM route for all you know...

hi guys,

how long did it take for status change after u r lawyers informed DBEC about perm case ? my lawyers were informed on 22nd march and my case is still in pending status in DBEC... just wondering what is the time line for this ...

hi guys,

how long did it take for status change after u r lawyers informed DBEC about perm case ? my lawyers were informed on 22nd march and my case is still in pending status in DBEC... just wondering what is the time line for this ...

It took 9 months for my case to change to "Withdrawn". I did not really want my case to be withdrawn at this point as we already got the recruitment instructions for the DBEC case and we are doing the recruitment already.

Thanks,
H1Babu

It took 9 months for my case to change to "Withdrawn". I did not really want my case to be withdrawn at this point as we already got the recruitment instructions for the DBEC case and we are doing the recruitment already.

Thanks,
H1Babu

Hi H1Babu,

My TR case still shows IN PROCESS. Did your lawyer talked to somebody

at PERM OR DBEC offices? I think that will help. Good luck.

Assuming that "Withdrawn" is not bad, I thought it takes 15 days - 1 month to get a final decision on PERM....So we should know the fate of these applications pretty soon. I hope it ends in an approval with original PD's.
Thanks
spdal

Hi H1Babu,

My TR case still shows IN PROCESS. Did your lawyer talked to somebody

at PERM OR DBEC offices? I think that will help. Good luck.

Hi there,

My lawyer did nothing. I told her to pull out this PERM application as thought its risky to pursue the conversion at this point in time. Since we got Recruitment instructions, it is a matter of another 3-4 months for certification. With this conversion case, there is always a fear of losing the priority date. I am keeping my fingures crossed and the lawyer is not responding to my phone calls or emails at this point.

Good Luck all !

its been 15 days since we got instructions from DBEC for recruitment and my lawyers have informed them of pending PERM case in chicago ... still no change in status in both DBEC and PERM... both are showing "IN PROCESS" ... no idea whats happening...

its been 15 days since we got instructions from DBEC for recruitment and my lawyers have informed them of pending PERM case in chicago ... still no change in status in both DBEC and PERM... both are showing "IN PROCESS" ... no idea whats happening...

Hi,

I am also in the same situation. Please keep posting any updates.

Thanks

hi,

my TR case status shows "withdrawn" today, hopefully PERM will go thru now with my old pd.

thx
Replied - May 2006
PERM- Applied on 10 Oct 2006
DBEC - recruit inst 3/23/07 - notified DBEC about PERM app thereafter
DBEC Status - withdrawn 4/5/07
PERM Status - In Process

hi,

my TR case status shows "withdrawn" today, hopefully PERM will go thru now with my old pd.

Hi,

Thanks for updating. Looks like your case will certify in a month or so.

Good luck.:)

Almost similar situation. I applied for PERM conversion on 12/28/06. BEC status shows "in process". I think my case also gets into this loop, which I dont want. Anyway going ahead with news paper ad this week.

PD: 10/01/03
PERM conv: 12/28/06
AJB Ad: 03/06/07
Recruitment Instruction received: 03/18/07
BEC status: In process

Assuming that "Withdrawn" is not bad, I thought it takes 15 days - 1 month to get a final decision on PERM....So we should know the fate of these applications pretty soon. I hope it ends in an approval with original PD's.
Thanks
spdal

Spadal, did you apply for conversion in Jan 2006? Any progress?

hi,

thx
Replied - May 2006
PERM- Applied on 10 Oct 2006
DBEC - recruit inst 3/23/07 - notified DBEC about PERM app thereafter
DBEC Status - withdrawn 4/5/07
PERM Status - In Process

Hey guys,

My TR case is showing "withdrawn" today. I hope PERM will get certified

soon.

H1Babu, Life w/o GC, gcwait,

My case went "withdrawn" around 3/26/2007 and now updates since. So far I have been assuming that "withdrawn" is a good sign since it is inline with PERM certification. Did any of your lawyers confirm this?? I read in some other forum that lawyers are trying to get cases reverted to "In Process" since they have applied for RIR conversion. In my case, we did not apply for RIR conversion but the job did show up on ajb for a month fom mid-feb to mid-march...
In short, is "withdrawn" good or bad? Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
spdal

H1Babu, Life w/o GC, gcwait,

My case went "withdrawn" around 3/26/2007 and now updates since. So far I have been assuming that "withdrawn" is a good sign since it is inline with PERM certification. Did any of your lawyers confirm this?? I read in some other forum that lawyers are trying to get cases reverted to "In Process" since they have applied for RIR conversion. In my case, we did not apply for RIR conversion but the job did show up on ajb for a month fom mid-feb to mid-march...
In short, is "withdrawn" good or bad? Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
spdal

Hi spdal,

I think its a good sign if you have applied for PERM. After reading so many
posts on this thread I guess that "Withdrawn" means someone from Chicago
or atlanta PERM office is working on your case. I am not sure about this.
I hope everything goes well.