Chicago DOL -Region V Tracker.Part -4

Chicago DOL

312 353 1059 ??
How would the system know your particular case number, your employer might have applied for lot of other cases. I tried checking for it and it started giving the case numbers starting from Aug 1999 ?

No Title

Good question! In my case I was the only one from my company going thru this process so it was not a problem. But you may want to bypass the automated system and talk to a person by calling (312)886-2928.

Couple of answers to your questions.

Mohan : RD is the date that DOL in Chicago recieved your package. I don\'t know if they are RIR, most probably they are.

Raja : You\'re attorney should be able to provide you with a case # if your attorney does not have the case number ask him to find out for you, otherwise you have to use thier fax back system. Check earlier post for fax back telephone #.

Yeo: I don\'t understand your questions. But I file my at MCDC or MI sesa back in Jan this year.

Hopes this anwers some of your concerns.

Today system seems to be down. So I guess I have no update for you guys. If someone else can get into the system please continue from where I\'ve left off. Thanks you.

Chicago DOL

Thanks for your answer RajanJohn, What are the details that I need, to talk to them personally at 3128862928

No Title

I am not sure because I haven\'t used that number to get my case #. But maybe they can get your case # thru your SS#. I am just guessing. If that doesn\'t work call your attorney as TungFong suggested and get the case # thru them. Good luck!

Will I get any receipt from DOL for applying for LC?

My company applied for my LC in feb 2001, EB3 RIR, still haven\'t heard anything from my company HR. Everytime I ask the HR Manager she says that I will get the receipt only when it reaches the federal level. Is it true? What is the RD and ND that all of you guys are talking about? Please help..
Thanks
ska

TungFong, can please tell when ...

Hi TungFong,

Could you please tell me when did you send your case to the IL SESA?

pulo

Updates and answers to Ska and Pulo

There is minimal new approval for new cases, probably caused my the labor day weekend. Hence, hang tight and I\'ll give update some time next week.

Ska : Your HR dept will receive a fax from SESA when your case is transfer to Chicago. BUT this fax is usually a bit slow so hang in there. Again my experience is calling SESA does not helps as some of them dunno where/how to find your file.

Pulo: I DID NOT file my LC at IL SESA. I filed my LC at MI SESA in 02.02.01.

hey TungFong

thanks TungFong for your response.
I did not know that SESA is involved in RIR cases.
Any idea how long the entire process may take, SESA + Chicago DOL?

ska

It is time for Part 5 of this forum...

Guys,
I think it is time for us to move to Part 5 of this forum. Please post your opinion on this. If you think it is good idea, I would appreciate if any one volunteers to open one or I would do it.

Thanks.

Slow again....???

Hello,

I\'ve check and since 8/28/00 there\'s no updates on cases from 053976XX. I dunno if the system has not ben updated, which is very possible or DOL is slow again as with Labor Day weekend.

SKA : I\'m not sure how long SESA will take as it\'s depends on the state you\'re in. MI SESA (MDCD) will take anywhere between 8 mths to 1 year for regular case and RIR will take 4 to 7 mths. Chicago DOL will take anywhere from 2 mths to 4 mths for RIR. I\'m not sure about DOL chicago Regular process.

NAYAN : I think we should start Part 5 pretty soon.

Status change

I checked my Status and it says "Remand Issued to State On 08/06/2001". What does this mean? My attorney hasn\'t heard anything from the Chicago DOL nor the state. Its almost a month since the status has changed. Could somebody please tell me what this means.

Thanks

Re: Status Change

I think:
It means your case has been sent back to Illinois Dept of Employment Security (IDES) and has been put back in the regular GC line.

Probably means your attorney didn\'t put sufficient documentation as Ad\'s etc, and Chicago
DOL thinks that you need to go through the regular process of posting advertisement etc.
RIR is denied.

Same thing happened to me too. I quit the company, joined another and re-filed RIR. Ask your
attorney to call Chicago DOL, talk to someone there (Mary Ann something) and ask the details
about your case. If it\'s one month or so, the file is probably well on its way to the IDES though...so
you may not be able to do much...I reacted late as well, casue by attorney; dum wit and all didn\'t
know what "Remand issued to state" meant and was waiting for a letter which never came for 2 months....Hope this helps and I am sorry for you.

Hope your case is different from mine, and things work out for you...Good luck!

You can send an email to get response from Chicago DOL regarding case status.

You can send an email to
lcstatus05@doleta.gov
do not put anything in subject, in the main body of the mail,
just type "Employer Phone (xxx)xxx-xxxx"
you get a response in within 30mins.

Does anyone have any idea on which date applications are being reviewed by Chicago DOL????

No Title

My Status changed yesterday it says "Returned by State after Remand On 08/30/2001". My attorney says that state department might have messed up something and that they took care of it without even contacting us. Hope mine gets cleared in the next couple of weeks.

FYI : My application is EB3/non RIR and the RD id 12/07/2000.

Any new approvals from chicago DOL?

Did any of you get their LC approvals from chicago DOL?
if yes, can you please let us know the received date by DOL?

Ravi

How long is it taking for a paper copy taking?

It is from withing Chicago so you save a day, but how many days
until from approval to paper mailed to you?
Thanks.

I have been through the same situation

Mallampalli is right.
I had a lawyer who filed my case (RIR) under pression from my HR because I was living the company. He filed my LC without ads and he stated that the position required a bachelor.
When the DOL rejected my case he basically asked me to wait untill he gets the notification.
I went back to my HR and pushed for a new law firm.
On june 6, I filed another LC with the same company but another law firm.

I am still waiting the IL SESA. They\'re now very slow.