Chicago DOL -Region V Tracker.Part -4

indian_gems

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

For some reason,the Part -3 forum does not show up at the top of the list , So we decided we
 try opening a new one and see if it stays at the top .If it does , Please continue posting on this
board.. Ask1234 , Please go ahead and post your message.

Thanks.

No Title

This slowdown is only due to 245 or something else?
Has anybody talked to the DOL? I heard they had a meeting with
companies July 2nd week. Any insights on that? Seems
like this thread is read and participated only by a handful of people,
More people more information.

No Title

One thinik I really do not understand why DOL Chicago is complaining about lay-offs? Because it is SESA that decides if foreign labor is needed in the local (state level) market. My case was filed in Minnesota SESA sometimes in February and they ask our HR why didn\'t we hire American citizens\' and our HR gathered all the information and statistics of interviews, job fairs...etc..etc. and sent them to SESA. SESA was satisfied with the information (I guess) and they sent our cases to DOL for final approval in May. So DOL in Chicago shouldn\'t ask any questions regarding lay offs. I am not surprised for recent slowdown in LC processing because "when economy is not doing well labor certification will be slow".....everyone knows it....

No Title

Case # 05396001 received on 04/09 has been cleared on 07/09 and position is s/w engr.

But there are case between 6020 to 6050 which have not been cleared

How do you people check which days LC are being approved?

I tried calling the 312-xxx-1059 number. When I enter my employers telephone number, it tells me that there is no such
application. Is there any website for the same?

4gc

No Title

How many people do you think will pay attention to your question? I think people have lost hope and stopped tracking cases. There are very few who are still watching for any tiny ray of hope. But hey, officers at Chicago DOL are also humans. They needs vacation and sleep too. It is another matter that they go on vacation together and decide to sleep for months.

No Title

You are right cbj. I think they are all buried under the pile of
245 cases. i heard this 245 has created or will create big backlog. On top of this if they open the valve and stop investigation on laid off cases from cisco etc then it can be messy. we may get lucked out
but it will get slower unless dol does something.
o\' h- e gheewala.

Any hint or suggestion about LC status

Hi, Friend,

My application to Labor Certificate as RIR was received by Chicago Region DOL on 03/26/01. But it is still not approved when I check via LCStatus05@doleta.gov. The status remains the "Received". I saw a lot of cases filed on the same time were already approved as early as at the beginning of June. Also I noticed somebody post message saying the cases received before 04/09/01 were clear. Does it mean all of cases received before 04/09/01 were handled? If so, what happened to my case?

Could you give me any suggestion?
Thanks,

JD

No Title

does your company has announced layoffs?
is it IT related?
If the answer to the first is yes, then it it obvious.

email tracker not working

I tried the email tracker today(afternoon) but there is no reply. Any success stories?

No Title

indian_gems

you wrote:

3.The phone for Chicago DOL status is 312 353-1059 .You will need your employers phone number or
  tax id. If you do not enter the first three times and you simply wait, you will be prompted to enter
  case number

Cannot track by tax id for permanent applications (LC\'s) only temporary (LCA\'s)
on this phone line.

Two prompts in permanent are 1 for case number and 2 for employer phone number.
employer tax id did not work from both these prompts. Is there any other prompt that
is not announced from which you can track permanent applications by employer
tax id on the phone line?

No Title

Any new LC approvals today. Email system is down but phone tracking system is working. I checked mine but not approved yet. I hope they have approved but not updated into the automatic tracking system. RD 4/24.

No Title

Phone tracking system requires only employers phone no. or your LC case no. With email tracking system you can check status if you know case no#,tax id or employers phone no.

Any hint or suggestion about LC status

No, there is no unusual layoffs in my company. Actually we are eagerly looking for IT persons to build up.
By the way, I request my attorney to check my case status with Chicago Region Office and hopefully will find where it is.

Thanks

JD.

dead stop

You know why Chicago DOL stopped responding to email inquiry?
They are scraed that people will find out about their performance.

Next time when you hear a "government employee" joke think about Chicago DOL. It would sound more like reality than a joke.