Chicago DOL cases sent to BEC.

Case: RIR
State: Illinois
PD: Sept 2003
Chicago DOL RD: June 2004
Received 45 day letter: 03/07/2005

Additional details

Can you provide additional details about ur case, like PD, RD and first few digits of case number, 45 day letter recieved on, state from which it is filed etch.

Thanks.
damroo said:
Hi Guys , Finally got 45 days , Dallas guys sent it to my lawyer, lawyer signed it and sent it back..
i was thinking somebody from company needs to sign, please advise

DAMROO

Anybody like me....

OH SESA PD June 2003
Chicago RD June 2004
No sign of 45 day letter....

Is there anybody like me ? Should I contact the BEC about this?

h1b2ndterm said:
Can you provide additional details about ur case, like PD, RD and first few digits of case number, 45 day letter recieved on, state from which it is filed etch.

Thanks.

how soon will they reply

I sent one inquiry today ...how soon will they reply? Any idea?

-thanks, :)

GCCovet said:
Send an email to...

status@DAL.DFLC.US

Subject: Case Status

Company Name:
Alien Name:
SWA:
SWA Receipt Date (Priority Date):
Date Received at Regional Office:
Regional DOL Case Number:

Beyond Labor Certification

While we wait for our Labor certification. I checked with my lawyer the current precessing times for the next phases.

Here is the reply

…"Actually, right now, the processing of the I-140 and I-485 stages has gotten much faster.

I-140s were taking about 1-year. Now, they're routinely taking less than 3 months.

Likewise, the I-485 stage was taking about 2.5 years. Recently, they have been processing these in under 1 year.

Hopefully, these processing times will keep up.”….

I have inquired twice, the first time response was within a week stating currently they don't have any information on my case. The second it took around two months, but this time I got the new BEC case number. This makes me assume that first time response is quick. Any further inquiries wil be replied only after change.

Hope this helps.

rest_2004_free said:
I sent one inquiry today ...how soon will they reply? Any idea?

-thanks, :)

info needed

My PD is august 13 2003, EB3 catagory. Case should be in Dallas. When I asked my lawyer about case ID. he said when Dallas receives your LC it will release the case ID.
My question is what kind of time frame I am looking at for receiving my Labor certificate (work-permit), if I decide to stay put and wait instead of filing with PERM.
I am a newbie in this, so any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks....

45-day letter

Hi All,

I am new to this form. I thought of sharing my information.

State - CHI – Sep ‘03
Federal- CHI – Mar ‘04
45-Day letter – Mar 03 ‘05
BEC - D-05010-13XXX

Thanks.

45 Day Letter

Back from my 2 month long vacation from India ...just got a word from my employer that the 45 Day letter was received for my case. Here are the details ...

IA State PD - Dec 2003
IA State Approved - Jan 2004

Chicago Regional RD - Jan 2004

45-Day Letter – 15 Mar 2005
BEC Case Number - D-05007-XXXXX

Any information as to what to expect next ......???????

No 45 day letter yet

Everybody around my PD seem to have received 45 day letters. I have sent one email request asking about it...there has been no reply yet. Is there anyone with this PD or older than that waiting for the letters to arrive pls confirm...

OH SESA PD June 2003
CHicago RD June 2004
No 45 day letter
No reply for email request since 2 weeks.

:(

rest_2004_free said:
Everybody around my PD seem to have received 45 day letters. I have sent one email request asking about it...there has been no reply yet. Is there anyone with this PD or older than that waiting for the letters to arrive pls confirm...

OH SESA PD June 2003
CHicago RD June 2004
No 45 day letter
No reply for email request since 2 weeks.

:(
my PD was in Jan. 2003. Chicago RD unknown because my case was approved by Ohio SWA right before they started shipping all cases from chicago to dallas, so i'm not even sure if they've shipped my case or when they did it. I don't have the 45-day letter, never asked them.

Chicago - RIR, EB3
PD - April 20 2004
SWA Query - Feb 02 2005 (Prevailing wage) .. ie analyst assigned
Employer responded in a week.
45 day letter - 04/28/2005 and
Failed existence check query by BEC.

Don't know whether SWA (IL) has been approved or not.

A query regarding prevailing wage was raised by SWA. Employer responded back to SWA. An analyst was assigned to my case but I don't know if it has been approved or sent to Dallas BEC without any work being done. How can I find out?

Case: RIR
State: Ohio
PD: Aug 2004
Chicago DOL RD: Dec 2004
Received 45 day letter: 04/05/2005
Sent back:04/12/05 :rolleyes:

Grim Outlook of Visa Numbers and Importance of Management of Nonimmigrant Status and Priority Date for a Long Journey

The State Department's prediction of visa numbers is indeed grim in that China and India numbers can be more negatively affected and the disease named "retrogression" is expected to spread to other nationalities throughout the world. Retrogression of visa numbers will certainly help the Bush administration to achieve a reduction of EB-485 applications as promised as the USCIS' workload for EB-485 may be reduced due to moving of some of EB-485 applications in the pipeline into a dormant stage and reduced number of new EB-485 cases coming into the pipeline as affected by the visa numbers.
All in all, this is a good news for those EB-immigrants who started the labor certification journey with an earlier priority date, but a bad news for those who either started recently or will have to start in the future the labor certification journey. For the first group, they will still have to deal with the backlog problem in the DOL Backlog Reduction Program, but it is anticipated that once the Backlog Processing Centers pass the phase of data entry and move to the processing and adjudication of applications, the cases may be able to move along in a fairly good pace. Additionally, once they move out of the labor certification pipeline, their waiting time for I-140 and I-485 will be fairly short as the I-485 processing time is expected to be reduced to close to six month by the end of new year and a large number of the people in this group may not have a serious priority date problem. For this group, retaining and preserving the priority date will be "extremely" important. For some of these people, wavering or refiling of labor certification under the PERM program may turn out to be a suicide because of the potential loss of the priority date. As the visa number retrogression turns worse, it is thus anticipated that refiling of the labor ceritfication application by those in the Backlog Processing Centers may be drastically reduced unless the DOL changes the PERM regulation. The recent devastating news of massive denials of PERM applications suggest the extremely high risk of refiling of Backlog cases! There is no official statistics released by the DOL, but the available information indicates that there is no single known cases of approval of the PERM applications thus far. There are widespread reports of massive denials of the PERM applications in a matter of a few hours of filing. The PERM is of no help at all for those in the Backlog group. Patience should be a gold for the people in this group of the earliest start of the journey. The terrible pains which they have gone through will soon be paid off inasmuch as they do not misstep in the journey. Just don't waver!
The new visa number prediction and outlook hit hard those who will have to start the journey hereon. The accelerated reduction of immigration visa and I-485 processing times will aggravate the visa number problem further and further and ongoing trend of reduced processing times for labor certification under the PERM and USCIS I-485 applications will mean nothing to them. The PERM application will eventually work as planned by the DOL, but the approval of the applications from 45 days to 60 days will lead them nowhere as they will not be able to file the green card application for a long period of time because of the visa number problem. During the period of their wait, they will not be able to obtain EAD. Neither can they change employment as AC 21 180-day rule will not be available. It is thus extremely important for the people in this group to learn to plan and manage their nonimmigrant status carefully for a prolonged period of time at least until they reach the date of their visa number availability. For those in H-1B, extension of H-1B beyond six years may face no problem. Change of employment may turn out to be deadly as they may lose everything, including the priority date. In this long journey, preserving and retaining priority date will remain the prime most important guiding light for their course of action. As for the priority date, here are a few things they should remember: (1) Priority date is the date when the labor certification application is "receipted" by the DOL in the labor certification-based cases and the date when I-140 petition is "receipted" by the USCIS in the labor certification waiver cases such as Schedule A, National Interest Waiver, and EB-1 categories of Extraordinary worker, Outstanding Researcher, and Multinational Corporate Executive/Manager petitions, plus EB-4 and EB-5 such as Special Immigrant Petitions for religious workers and other special immigrants and Investor Immigrants. When the filing is rejected by the DOL or USCIS, no priority date is attached to the filing. The deadly flaws include missing signatures on the forms and filing fees, if any. (2) Once attached, the priority date remains in tact inasmuch as the application is not withdrawn or revoked or denied, and I-140 petition is filed and approved. From hereon, the alien beneficiary carries his/her priority date on his/her back, even if there is a change of employment, so long as the I-140 is not withdrawn or revoked. For instance, if a new employer files a new labor certification application which is approved, the I-140 petition by the new employer will be approved with an old priority date inasmuch as the employer submits the evidence of earlier labor certification and I-140 approval by the former employer.Even if the employer withdraws or revokes the I-140 petition, his/her priority date will not be lost if the employer withdraws or revokes the I-140 petition after 180 days of filing of EB-485 application under AC 21 Act. Once the priority date is attached, it can be transferred between different categories of EB petitions of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3. In the substitution of alien beneficiary of the approved labor certification, the substituting new employee will take over the initial priority date which was established by initial filing of the labor certification application on behalf of the former substituted alien beneficiary. For instance, if the employer filed a labor certification application on behalf of X on January 1, 2001, which has been approved, but the alien beneficiary left the job or was terminated from the employment. The employer then hires another employee who has the qualifications required for the approved application on or before January 1, 2001 and substitutes the alien beneficiary for the approved labor certification on May 14, 2005. The priority date for the new employee will be not May 14, 2005 but January 1, 2001.
People should also keep in mind the law of cross chargeability if the spouses were born in two different countries. Welcome aboard the rocky sailboat of the agonizing long journey of the lawyers!

Hi Jagadish,

Thanks for the in depth information.

I was just curious, is this your analysis or you read it somewhere. In the later case is it possible for you to provide the source and a link? This may help the members to revisit that site for updated information.

Thanks again

UG

No 45 day letter yet

Should I be concerned, repeatedly Attorney answers there is no way our letter if it was mailed could be lost since it is sent to two places. Following are my details

RiR
OH SESA June 2003
Chicago RD June 2004
DBEC no response to email for over three weeks.

Is there anybody else like me? I know momoyang is also waiting.

Thanks

momoyang said:
my PD was in Jan. 2003. Chicago RD unknown because my case was approved by Ohio SWA right before they started shipping all cases from chicago to dallas, so i'm not even sure if they've shipped my case or when they did it. I don't have the 45-day letter, never asked them.

Ohio

rest_2004_free and momoyong,

I am also in the same boat.
Mine is also Ohio. SWA processed and sent in april05 to BRC.
Worse, Mine is TR(Non-RIR). Yesterday, My attorney says,
we will have to be patient.
I sent an email to BRC 3 weeks back and no reply.

badluckinusa said:
rest_2004_free and momoyong,

I am also in the same boat.
Mine is also Ohio. SWA processed and sent in april05 to BRC.
Worse, Mine is TR(Non-RIR). Yesterday, My attorney says,
we will have to be patient.
I sent an email to BRC 3 weeks back and no reply.
let's keep each other informed once we hear anything. i'm also non-RIR, so you shouldn't feel so bad about yourself. i'm only hoping this is the darkest moment before dawn, keep me fingers crossed! i didn't even bother to ask BPC coz i knew it's no use. I have not hear anything from my attorney yet, only knew that his firm has receivied the 45 letters on about 25% of all cases for my company (headquter based in OHIO, but cases are nation-wide)