Chicago DOL cases sent to BEC.

h1b2ndterm

Registered Users (C)
Hi ALL,

I am starting this new thread to be keep track of all the cases which are forwarded from Chicago DOL to BEC centers. Also if any of these cases have recieved the 45 Day letters.

Please post your Priority Date( PD), Reciept Date(RD) and date you recieved the 45 day letter.

Thanks.

Case transfered to Dallas BEC

My Case is also transfered to Dallas BEC.

Case: RIR
PD: 02/21/04 (Wisconsin)
RD: 11/12/04
Case sent to Dallas: Don't know.

As per the lady who answered the phone all applications starting from Dec 25th 2003(cases which have not yet been assigned to analyst) are either already transfered to Dallas BEC or will be transfered after entering the information in Chicago NPC center.

Last edited by a moderator:
My case is also moved to Dallas BEC

:mad: Case: RIR
PD: Aug 2003 ( chicago)
RD: Jan 2 2004.

My case is also moved to Dallas BEC.

Case RIR
PD: Dec 2002
RD: Jan 2004
Case has been sent to the BEC. I have asked my attorney to call the Dallas BEC to find out more.

IL SESA PD - March 02nd 2004

My attorney spoke to analyst a month back, says my case is assigned to an analyst.

Didnt hear after that. dont know where it will go BEC or NPC.

How mauch time analyst will take to approve the case?

Thanks

h1b2ndterm said:
My Case is also transfered to Dallas BEC.

Case: RIR
PD: 02/21/04 (Wisconsin)
RD: 11/12/04
Case sent to Dallas: Don't know.

As per the lady who answered the phone all applications starting from Dec 25th 2003(cases which have not yet been assigned to analyst) are either already transfered to Dallas BEC or will be transfered after entering the information in Chicago NPC center.

PSTVAK,

As per my understanding, once the case is assigned to an analyst it is considered as open case and all open cases will be processed within the center.

Not sure how long an analyst takes to process an application though.

I had a conflicting asnwer yesterday from same Chicago DOL about my application. I was told that no changes to my application meaning it was not yet moved to Dallas BEC. I am not sure whom to believe anymore. Trying to contact my attorney and see if they can figure out any information.

Good luck.

pstvak said:
My attorney spoke to analyst a month back, says my case is assigned to an analyst.

Didnt hear after that. dont know where it will go BEC or NPC.

How mauch time analyst will take to approve the case?

Thanks

Do any of u'll know the cut off dates?

My PD is 18 Dec 2002, RD is 29th Dec 2003. My Rd was so close to the processing dates, so was wondering if its still with the chicago DOL. Had called them up..the lady told us its gone to BEC. I can't trust her...b'cuz she came with the reply in an instant. Have read articles that Chicago DOl still has few cases with them. If anyone has any info...pls do share.

Thanks In Advance

gcin05 said:
Case RIR
PD: Dec 2002
RD: Jan 2004
Case has been sent to the BEC. I have asked my attorney to call the Dallas BEC to find out more.

Did your attorney call Dallas BEC, did you get the letter.

I was told that my case has been transferred to Dallas BEC, did not receive any letter and attorney is not interested in calling either.

My attorney is not interested in calling them either. He said that he had started receiving letters from the BEC though. Let's wait for ours :(

He said that no one really knows at present, how much time they will take to clear up the cases at BEC.

There is a meeting of all the Immigraion attorneys on Jan 25/26, and on eof the key questions is related to the working of BEC. So, let's wait.

Hi

What is the tel no that you called to get the status ? my RIR PD is 09/22/03 and RD is 04/05/2004 and I haven't heard from them.
Thanks
GC_sanity said:
My PD is 18 Dec 2002, RD is 29th Dec 2003. My Rd was so close to the processing dates, so was wondering if its still with the chicago DOL. Had called them up..the lady told us its gone to BEC. I can't trust her...b'cuz she came with the reply in an instant. Have read articles that Chicago DOl still has few cases with them. If anyone has any info...pls do share.

Thanks In Advance

Chicago NPC Ph: 312-886-8000

sri_kaza said:
Hi

What is the tel no that you called to get the status ? my RIR PD is 09/22/03 and RD is 04/05/2004 and I haven't heard from them.
Thanks

gcin05 said:
My attorney is not interested in calling them either. He said that he had started receiving letters from the BEC though. Let's wait for ours :(

He said that no one really knows at present, how much time they will take to clear up the cases at BEC.

There is a meeting of all the Immigraion attorneys on Jan 25/26, and on eof the key questions is related to the working of BEC. So, let's wait.

Please keep us updated if you hear anything.

why are we worried

Guys,

I am not able to understand that why are we worried because of moving our cases to Dallas BEC and discussing the time Dallas BEC will take to open our case to approve.

My point is if we are refiling our case in PERM keeping our PD date same as its there in Chicago DOL. Our labor is going to be approved very quick in next 45-60 days after the reply of 45 days letter. Overall PERM is speeding up our process.

Correct me if I am wrong.

manish_shriv said:
Guys,

I am not able to understand that why are we worried because of moving our cases to Dallas BEC and discussing the time Dallas BEC will take to open our case to approve.

My point is if we are refiling our case in PERM keeping our PD date same as its there in Chicago DOL. Our labor is going to be approved very quick in next 45-60 days after the reply of 45 days letter. Overall PERM is speeding up our process.

Correct me if I am wrong.

See this report drom http://www.immigration-law.com/

01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: 45 - 60 Day Processing Time for PERM Does not Apply to Conversion Cases

Another disappointing news for the conversion case is the processing times for such cases. DOL confirms that the processing time for conversion cases will be much longer than non-conversion PERM applications. DOL did not disclose the anticipated specific processing times for the conversion cases. It just stated that the processing times will be shorter than the current backlog cases waiting times.

Chicago Vs Dallas

Just talked to a representative at Chicago DOL. She took my case number and told me that the case is transferred to Dallas center. I called Dallas center just to see what they say. The rep at Dallas said " Unfortunately I cannot give you the details about your case. Please ask your attorney or employer to call us".
Sent a note to attroney asking her to call Dallas center. Lets hope if she hears anything.

Dallas center phone # 2142379111
Chicago Center # 3128868000 (There is NO use calling at this number)

Just wanted to give an update to supress my curiosity... :mad:

Chicago-case
RD: Feb11,04

Chicago-case.

Let us know as soon as you hear from your Attorney.

I guess getting the attorney to pickup the phone and make the call would be the hardest part!

this is what my attorney said

"Upon contacting the Dallas BR Center, I was advised (by an automated system) that no telephone status was available for any RIR case. The automated system indicated that data regarding the RIR cases was being transferred to a new system, and that once that process had been completed, they would begin sending out backlog reduction letters. There was no indication of how long that process might take. So, at this point, we just have to wait."