Chicago DOL cases sent to BEC.

backlog cases update

Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases:
These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
* The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.

# Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

:confused:

Finally I had my attorney call the Dallas center. Here is what he says.
"I called last week and was told that they will not approve any cases in the next 6 months"

PD: Jan 2003
RD: Mar 2004

So I guess the labour process will cross the 3yr period. The whole process would take 10 yrs. :mad:

Case Number??

Hi All,
Anybody can let me know how to find out case number?
My PD is Aug-20-2003.
I am trying to catch up after a longtime to know my process which is really very bad on my part...but when i am trying to find about my status...I have no clue whats going on..

My attorney is not helping any way though...all i get is a reply saying please wait. According to them, my file is moved to Chicago-DOL on Jan 2nd 2004.

Now that Dallas BEC is into the picture, not sure where i am standing. After reading through the forum, I find that there are many unfortunate guys here..
To start with, I would like to know how to find my case # which is important to track down the status...any help is appriciated.

Thanks

Having seen DOL's way of working, it won't surprise me if they (BEC) do not approve any cases in another 6 months. They'll probably take 6 months just to enter the cases in to the computer and another 6 months to send letters to the attorneys. Then, they'll take 6 months to read the replies from the attorneys. After that they'll start processing just to find that another pile of backlog has accumulated and the whole cycle will repeat.

It has been one year today since my case was transferred to Chicago DOL. There used to be a time when Chicago DOL approved cases in 2-3 months.

Did someone say: East or West, India is the best :)

ssaugato said:
:confused:

Finally I had my attorney call the Dallas center. Here is what he says.
"I called last week and was told that they will not approve any cases in the next 6 months"

PD: Jan 2003
RD: Mar 2004

So I guess the labour process will cross the 3yr period. The whole process would take 10 yrs. :mad:

In the past how did they deal

Can anyone tell if in the past DOL has used BEC concept..if so when??..if so we can assume if that was successful, this time BEC process flow would also be successful. It would be foolish for the system to spend millions on a process that would not complete it's task especially so if they are spending on future GC stakeholders....I am sure they want to get rid of the backlog. Sometimes we have to patient I guess....

I think INS in the past has used BEC concept before and tried their best to eliminate all their backlogs. So that is good right?

any thoughts?

gangarajesh said:
Hi All,
Anybody can let me know how to find out case number?
My PD is Aug-20-2003.
I am trying to catch up after a longtime to know my process which is really very bad on my part...but when i am trying to find about my status...I have no clue whats going on..

My attorney is not helping any way though...all i get is a reply saying please wait. According to them, my file is moved to Chicago-DOL on Jan 2nd 2004.

Now that Dallas BEC is into the picture, not sure where i am standing. After reading through the forum, I find that there are many unfortunate guys here..
To start with, I would like to know how to find my case # which is important to track down the status...any help is appriciated.

Thanks

as far as i know the BEC centers will be funded for only 2 years.

correct me if i am wrong.

ag777 said:
Having seen DOL's way of working, it won't surprise me if they (BEC) do not approve any cases in another 6 months. They'll probably take 6 months just to enter the cases in to the computer and another 6 months to send letters to the attorneys. Then, they'll take 6 months to read the replies from the attorneys. After that they'll start processing just to find that another pile of backlog has accumulated and the whole cycle will repeat.

It has been one year today since my case was transferred to Chicago DOL. There used to be a time when Chicago DOL approved cases in 2-3 months.

Did someone say: East or West, India is the best :)

Hi Guys,

Anyone from Chicago DOL recieved the 45-day letter yet ?

Please update / check with your lawyer(s), i have been doing the same...it seems that cases will be processed (and approved) based on the FIFO date as per the lawyers response....i read this in the Dallas Forum as well as few others....you can check there too...

Update everyone for the welfare of all.

Goodluck to everyone and God bless!!

My attorney called the Backlog Center and they will not provide an update to attorneys either. They have specifically requested that we do not contact them for status requests, as it is taking away limited resources which need to be used to enter and process applications. Once they have received an application from another office, they enter it, assign a new case number, and then issue a continuation letter asking us to confirm that we would like to continue with the application. Once this letter is returned, the application will be processed in order of the date that the application was first filed with the state. All applications will be processed on a first in first out basis, so those applications that have been pending longest will be processed first.

New to this forum!

Hi all,

My PD: Jan 12th, 04 (Wisconsin)
RD: Aug, 04 (Chicago)

After that, no details. I do not know whether it is transferred to BEC or not. I know nothing about the 45-day letter.

Any light on the above would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
sriraj9

45 day letter

Hi anybody got 45 day letter???What about the letter you guys drafted--did you send it to the Chicago Regional center.
I have one question for you guys.For 7th year extension should we go back to india to get the visa stamping .Is there a need for visa stamping if we are not leaving US .I know that if we change companies and transfer visa ,we only need to get the stamping if we are visiting India and to enter back into US.Is this like that or is it a must that we should go back to india to get the stamping

Hi guys,

Just want to share my information. My Employer just got responce from DBEC " At this time we are unable to provide any status information" but they are giving some new case number.

IL SWA: 24Aug 2003
Chicago Dol: 15 Jan 2004.
Dallas BEC 45 Letter: Waiting.

Thanks ICARUS for providing email address of Dallas BEC

little math

Hi,

I am following all the forums, to my understanding

1. There are around 200 people working in both the BRC's for clearing the cases.
2. BRC's will take 24 months to 30 months from the date PERM is implemented(approx working days are 600)
3. Total applications to be cleared are 300,000.

lets do a little math now, the numbers may be approx.

Total work days = people working * days
200 * 600 days = 120000 work days.

# or applications to be cleared per person per day to finish the backlog is = total applications / #work days
300000/120000 = 2.5 apps. per day

So if each person clears approx 3 applications, definately they can finish the backlog in 2 years.

If they choose to clear the regional first, not touching state apps.
40000 / 2.5 * 200 = 80 days.
So from the date of implementing the PERM in 80 working days the regional cases should be cleared.

if half the resources are being used for data entry then in 160 working days the regional cases should be cleared. or each person has to clear 5 apps. per day to complete in 80 days.

Do you all think clearing 5/6 cases per days per person is that difficult, keeping the consideration all the factors?

What do you say?

Thanks for posting.

Hi Jhjjsbb,

So far you are the first one from Chicago DOL who recieved the 45 day letter. Thanks for sharing the info.

jhjjsbb said:
Got 45 day letter from Dallas BRC.
Chicago RD Aug 04

Got 45 day letter from Dallas BRC on Feb 7th 2005

Chicago RD Oct 04
Chicago PD Mar 04

Does anyone know how long does it take from here to get the labor certified. My attorney is going to respond to the 45 day letter today

Atleast 90 days.

Dallas BRC is asking not to contact atleast for 90 days after responding to the 45 day letter. So I guess its minimum of 90 days and maximum of ???

As per my understanding from several post in this forum, it should possibly be done within an year. Lets hope for the best.

NyLabor, do you know your new case number? Would you mind sharing the first 6 digits I believe which shows the the date the Dallas recieved/entered the application into the system.

My RD in Chicago is November 04.

nylabor said:
Chicago RD Oct 04
Chicago PD Mar 04

Does anyone know how long does it take from here to get the labor certified. My attorney is going to respond to the 45 day letter today

Last edited by a moderator: