Chennai Jan interviews

locally

I asked my folks in Chennai to check it out. They are estimating that it may take approx a month (not a confirmed number) to get one via the local police station. This is for Chennai.
My spouse is from Mumbai and they are guessing that it can take more than a month.
I have asked both the folks to try and get them. If they get – Great otherwise not a big deal.

Even if I get so, I am not intending to present / include them in the documents at the time of interview. If the consulate makes it as an issue, then I will present them.

tanani / meech /superman - Feb interview?

By any chance was there a delay in Chennai receiving VISA no\'s etc. Since 3 of us got these kind of replies, it may be worth calling them and clearing this up?
Superman, which No. is good to call and at what time?

Also, supeman, if you had a **NEW** passport issued from Chicago, it should only take you 1-2 days to get PCC. Send them an e-mail. I cannot beleive it Chicago should be different from New York, the person responding to you may be ill-informed. By sending e-mail, you may get a better response.

gabbar, my e-mail from ChennaI says Jan 3rd or 4th wk. You should be fine.

There is no reason to panic now. I strongly believe we will get Jan. Interview. Chennai responded to me Jan. 3rd or 4th wk. Interview not Feb. I requested for first wk.
I was never succesful calling Chennai. I have 100% success in getting e-mails back. Any way, numbers are:
(44) 811 2060 (Immigration); 811 2020 (Main #.). 2020 is always busy. 2060 keeps on ringing. Try these two.
I specifically said that My PP was issued by Chicago. Even though both operators that I talked to said 3 mos. for PCC. I explained the situation. She even said that that\'s INS/our problem. Not Indian Consulate\'s. I don\'t beleive that NY can issue within two days. Chicago explained that the cert. they got when issuing my PP is not valid. and they have to request Hyderabad and issue a new one. I just don\'t get it. That is what they said. I did re-conformed. Same reply. I will try the e-mail route. Let\'s see. First of all, I am not convinced that we need PCC @ Chennai. I will try. If it is easy, I will get it to buy peace of mind. Otherwise, I will forget it.

Called Chennai

Lady answered phone, took my case # and tells me it would take another 6 to 8 weeks. Then I asked if Jan is possible at all, and she says that it is possible, but to check after 15th Dec.

gabbar, This is basically Jan. Interview date.

They basically said that they are not going to honor our requests for the First wk. of Jan. to you on Phone and to me on e-mail. We will get 3rd and 4th wks.
I went ahead and blocked for Jan. 17th. I will buy as soon as Interviews are out. Your travel schedule should be o.k.
Which No. worked for you and at what time. Thank You.

Superman

On my e-mail request they said Feb. On my phone call, I just aksed when to expect Interview and she said 6-8 weeks and when I asked sepcifically Jan, she said check after 15th. Anyhow...
I used this number which you gave(44) 811 2060 (Immigration) and called around 11PM EST.

gabbar, I booked Lufthansa for $1250.

DTW-FRA-MAA. LV on 1/17 and RT on 2/7. I am still waiting on one leg to be conformed (DTW-FRA). I may end up taking business class just for that leg. Another $200. 19 hrs. journey from DTW-MAA.

Anything new on the PCC issue ?? Does anyone know how long SFO Indian Consulate takes for issuing PC

Anything new on the PCC issue ?? Does anyone know how long SFO Indian Consulate takes for issuing PCC ?

Medical Exam-Dr Mathai

Hi All,
If you are planning to go to Dr Mathai for medical exam beaware that he is harrassing and creating stubling blocks for issue of a medical report. He has troubled and put us to undue worries for no reason and due to which we have to consult a doctor here in USA which turned out to be nothing at all. Be aware.

No Title

Last three years Tax transcripts will do. IRS tax fillings is not a must. Either one will do and they are mostly same.

Approved doctors

Guys,

I could not find names of doctors on chennai consulate\'s website and I know the list available on immihelp is not updated. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Question

I see you are leaving on 1/17 don\'t you think that is too late..Interviews are generally around 18/19/22 through 25 for EB2..

Just curious to know how you based your decision on..I am leaving from Detroit to Bangalore and I am trying to leave around 11th...I am in EB2 also...

Send me your thoughts...

No Title

I sent an email to the Chennai consulate regarding the PCC question and I am yet to receive a response. Normally I have had good response time with the consulate replies. This time after two days they are yet to respond.

Anyone in the last two days has sent and received a response from the consulate, please post when and what your question was related to? Thank you.

GC-Michigan, Reg. my travel plans.

After 1/22 they have 8 working days. They normally schedule 20 per day. On a busiest month, consulate is scheduling 80-100 EB-2 and 60-80 EB-3 cases. On that basis, Most probably, consulate start EB-2 cases on Jan.22. That\'s why I blocked 1/17. I am still waiting for conformation. This analysis is just for estimation. I will not buy the ticket until Interview date is conformed. I hope we will know the date in a wk. I am from A.P. I cannot afford to travel back and forth in my 3 wk. vacation. I have to complete the Interview before I can go home. So, I will adjust my dates accordingly. Please also note that 1/21 is a Holiday (Martin Luther King).

gc_hopeful, Just hang on. Reply time depends on at what time you sent.

I got 100% success rate. You will receive within a day or two. I normally send e-mail in the US night time. I get response 3rd day morning. Chennai is still saying NO to PCC. Mumbai/Delhi are trying to implement from Jan.02 onwards. Good Luck.

gc_hopeful,

I sent e-mail two days back, no reply yet. So far I have been receiving responses to all my e-mails. Looks like they are busy. I asked them to forward my pk4 to Indian local address. I am not worried about PCC for Chennai. If at all required, I will submit after my CP interview.