Chennai Jan interviews

Indian Consulate in India/Local Police Station

No body including consiulates knows clearly whether we need PCC or not at this time. PCC is started for those who lived in India/US effecting Jan.02. Atleast 5 people including myself conformed from Chennai Consulate through e-mails that we do not need PCC if we are living in US at present time. But Delhi/Mumbai are saying that we need. Atleast consulates are not consistant. Since you have time, you can apply @ Indian consulate in US (Chicago/Washington). If your passport is not renewed in US, they might take 45-60 days. Local Police Station is another option. As far your wife is concerned, probably it\'s smart to take4 one in India since she already stayed for 5 mos.

To Superman - Blue Dart

Will they give us a receipt or something, so that if it is lost
there would not be further problems. I hate to receive such an important document from unreliable hotel staff.

E-mail consulate, Feb Interview ??

All,
  On Friday, I sent an e-mail request asking for my interview to preponed to the first or second week of January as I was expecting an interview on 3rd or 4th week.
  To my disappointment, I received an e-mail reply saying "Appointment likey to be in February". Is this just standard reply, or does it mean I will get Feb interview. I already booked my tickets for 25th dec. Cancellation is too expensive.
  Any opinions?

Gabbar007 - When did Consulate receive your P3 forms ?

Gabbar007 - When did Consulate receive your P3 forms ? When was it entered into their computer system. Since you requested for interview in the first two weeks (regardless of which month), maybe that\'s the reason why they responded to you that they can schedule it for you in February \'02. Just a thought.

Employment Letter - template

I have got my Packet3. AS you know I have to provide the employment support letter. Any of you guys have any format or template which I can use for my employment letter ? ANy help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Madhav

gabbar, I did the same and received an e-mail saying 3 rd or 4 th wk. of Jan.

They entered my case after yours. Don\'t worry. This could have been a mistake. I would just wait until Dec 12th for the exact date. You will get Jan. Interview.

Madhav, Sample Employment Letter

The American Consulate General
Visa Unit
220 Mount Road.
Chennai 600006. INDIA.

Re: Permanent Residence Application of XXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter will serve to confirm that Mr. XXXX is employed with us on a full time basis as a "AAAAAA" since YYYYY and his current annual salary is $BBBBB. I wish to reaffirm the contents of our job offer contained on form I-140 of the approved Immigrant Petition filed by Lear Corporation on behalf of Mr. XXXXX.

Our offer to employ Mr. XXXXX as a full-time, permanent employee in the above-mentioned position is a continuing offer, requiring only your approval. Mr XXXXX is considered qualified for this position by virtue of his prior work experience and educational background. His primary responsibilities include:
„h Initiate corrective actions through problem solving techniques in a Team environment to ensure we meet customer specifications and expectations.
„h Implement Statistical Process Control to improve the Process Capability of the Critical Product and or Safety Characteristics.

We respectfully request you to grant him approval of permanent residence so he can continue with his employment with us on a permanent basis. Please feel free to contact me directly at CCCCC if your office requires any further information.

Sincerely,

Mr. FFFFFF
Human Resources Director, SSSSS.

Subscribed and sworn to me this _____ day of _______________, [year] at

Gabbar007, same thing happened to me!!

I sent out a mail requesting them to schedule the interview in the week starting 21st Jan and they come back with this FEB interview as a kind of "OK we will take care of you". My PKT 3 was recd on Oct20th and looks like it was entered on 31st Oct. This has made me worried since I got the mail.

Meech and all

My PIII was received on Oct - 29th from memory and was entered sometime first week of Nov. I did not say first two weeks of any month, I specifically told that I will arrive in India on 27th Dec, so as a request, to give me appt. for first or second week of Jan. The only reply to that was "Interview likely in February".
  I am only hoping this is just a standard reply and would wait until the dates come out. But I am worried.

Gabbar007 - I am worried too. I have also purchased air tickets.

Gabbar007 - Just like you, I too have purchased air tickets (departure to India last week of Dec.). I am concerned also. I hope to get Jan \'02 interview. Maybe the caseload for Jan \'02 is very high and that\'s why our (discussion board members) predictions are going wrong.

Gabbar, Meech - Don\'t get worried. It should have been a standard reply.

Historically, there was alway some confusion in the interview dates mentioned by Chennai in the email. So let\'s don\'t bother much about the interview date speculations in the emails from Chennai.
Another 10 days or so, we will get the official dates.
Guys let\'s keep our fingers crossed and let\'s hope for the best!

AIM is correct. Gabbar/Meech, stay cool.

Also, historically case load is nothing to do with the Interview dates for EB cases. As long as they entered in the system by Oct.20th, we all should get Jan. Interviews.

Chicago takes 3 mos. for PCC. My New PP was issued by Chicago.

I called chennai this morning for a PCC. They said they need 3 mos. to process this request. I called again to re-conform and I got the same reply.
So far, we got 7 conformations saying "NO" alltogether from Chennai. 5 on e-mails and 2 on phones. Mumbai/Delhi are still saying Yes. Getting from Indian Consulate in US is ruled out. Not enough time. Only option is to get from Local Police Station in India. I don\'t know how long it takes and How valid this would be. Any comments.